1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We hate this one combo meta

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Jul 23, 2019.

?

What should we do

1. Nothing

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Slightly increase defense

17 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Massively increase defense

17 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Something else

22 vote(s)
    23.9%
  5. Unicorns and stuff

16 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

no, that would be whole different nightmare. some people are impossible to catch as it is and you wanna add another save for them next to V and esc esc.

2. WhySoSeeryus

why would people p2w fairies then, tsk tsk.

3. Artorias_Dusk

That's what Garmoth's Heart and Eva crystals on armor is for :D

4. WhySoSeeryus

It aint enough tho.

5. Artorias_Dusk

I know, but it's something. I also hate this 1hit/1combo Meta.

6. Vanraven

Well, would you be ok if all mobs kill you in less than one second after they CC you?

7. Factorial

Official answer: yes.
    Unofficial answer: no.

Look, let us not get trapped by false equivalences. Compared to mobs, we are gods. That's the starting lore anyway, hero class and all.

There are mobs though that will pretty much one shot you after a CC. Current end game spots feel like that sometimes. Okay, you got me. I was being facetious. The mob is a ninja.

Also, nerf ninja.

#27 Factorial, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  8. Claydough

No

We do like the one combo meta

They fixed this with renown score and there was an unending amount of complaining leading to its removal

We asked for this

TheYoda likes this.
  9. Hekki

One combo meta is just broken game design that does not make any sense. It killing any experience from battles. You know, real armors was hard to break. Irl fight was LONG!

It also eliminate any kind of fun for create builds. Because current game design force just stack up AP and nothing else is effective. That is another bad design.

It eliminate class purposes. It force even former tank characters to go DPS what is just stupid and boring.

And this is just effect of anyother bad design. But broken thing can not be an answer to another broken thing. Need to fix both.

10. Noixi

Time for a broken record response.

ADD RANGED DPS.

Before exposing why this would solve the problem let me remind everyone this...

blo (downgraded spelling) does not have ranged dps. All combat is 36 feet or less in game.

If we could have 150+ foot ranged dps, with 100% guaranteed time to kill (TTK) of 6 seconds or less, all things would be solved.

The DREADED one shot combo could stay AS-IS, because unless that WELEE combatant can get to their victim in 6 seconds from 150+ very away, they die, GUARANTEED.

POOF, suddenly, the one shotting, one dimensional ZERG fest the pvp has become, ENDS, and then 4 (four) dimensional combat begins, where strategy and player skill/experience matter most, and not WARPSPEED, ZERG FESTING WELEE ATTACKS WITH IFRAME BLINKING.

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  11. RIPTOR

we need remove brakets from ap and dp, remove the retarded 2cc system and give more importance to the resist removing the 60% capped on pvp, like the old good times pvp... ah and increase the hp potion cd instead do that retard spam from your keyboard or auto lucky/p2w reset fairy

tchahin and Hekki like this.
  12. Vanraven

Would you want to pay to watch any sports were the match is over in 1 second?

13. Factorial

Keeping things in BDO: Node and siege wars don't last one second. That's the closest analogy to sports. Also, that's true PvP in BDO in my eyes.

Let us stay away from reduction to absurdity and hyperbole examples.

14. Vanraven

There is nothing really absurd about it, its a serious question. To put it plainly would you want to invest time into something that lasts one second? I don't know many people who would. I see people try to compare BDO to a fighting game often, but no one would play a fighting game were they die in one second after being knocked down.

o0ABC0o and Factorial like this.
  15. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

In my estimation the TTK on players is appropriate for large scale PVP. Individual fights don't drag on too long, and group clashes have the decisiveness that's required to make things strategically interesting. If every fight took 5 minutes the whole experience would be boring. I definitely support balancing for large scale rather than extended duels.

16. easay9

good luck doing that with shais new talent

100% accuracy given to 10 players around them

also the issue is AP brakets should not apply to PVP only PVE

17. Whineseeker

And why should I even try a pen enhance? For epenis?
    Brackets should just be balanced.

18. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Pre-brackets the game had a really strong diminishing-returns mechanic associated with AP/DP, which I thought was great for competitive balance and build diversity. Brackets ruined that in favor of strongly incentivizing no-life AP/DP gearing. The result was that competitive pvp became even more of a hard gear game, which has ultimately destroyed accessibility to node wars for anyone not deep-invested. Why try a pen enhance? Why should I care that you do?

tchahin and easay9 like this.
  19. Whineseeker

Again, they should be balanced. +100 ap on a 261 is too much, i agree with that, but no bracket at all means that everyone is at the same level after 2 weeks of game. That’s not what I put my effort for. After 2 years I must deal much more damage than a newbie.

20. MalGuldur

If crystals dp would share with brackets we would be much tankier.