1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapon Coupon News

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Suldanesselar, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Suldanesselar

Has there been any news on the removal of the weapon coupon since it got announced? Like when it is being removed and replaced in game?

2. Amirite

What I heard is that they are going to remove them on 1. July, but anything can change tho.
    That's what PA said on the Heidel Ball.

3. Denthors

the replacement is already in game, they call Shakatu seals

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  4. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

It was a toxic item anyway.

5. Jasajin

They said June/July

6. Andaro

Ambassador

I wanted to add a note here, that while they did say they would no longer be sold in the cash shop, Producer J did also mention that he is considering retaining them as a rare drop item similar to compass, map, and pure black stones

How do we feel about these types of items as rare drops?

7. Blitzball

No more rare drop like that. It's already a pain to get one ( impossible for most of the people , looking at you Elten piece... )

8. Marzipan Stan

Could not discourage this choice more, particularly considering its ease of access completely outside of gameplay previously. I would encourage reflecting on the ideas that the BDO partners expressed in a recent podcast about such an item's use being time-gated or otherwise requiring intentional pursuit with clear steps that can be planned (not random acquisition).

Éternel and Jinoro like this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

For items that arnt meant to be in the game, rare drop method is fine. It allows them to control when, and how many are in the game. If something is meant to be just rare, or difficult, dont use that method. It doesent work for that purpose, and is frustrating, especially if its an untradeable item.

There are plenty of other ways to make something rare. For instance just dont tell people its in the game, and set conditions for getting it. Or even make it so the conditions are just difficult and fun, but ridiculous. If Mr J is going to use the rare drop method it should be able to be listed in the central market. Pretty much anything that relies on that should be able to be listed.

#9 Kynreaa, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Jinoro likes this.
  10. Theafterwar

Rare drop method is dumb. If I get bored of my class and my options are to start all over from square one on weps or grind endlessly for something that’ll take hundreds of hours per piece I’d rather just find another game to play.

Éternel and woots like this.
  11. Tolots

Yeah so true, the day has not enough hours and your life not enough days to have multiple alts on absolute endgame equipment level. And it will become incredible hard for less played classes to get pen weapons. After all in a game, were you can spend so much money, thats a real bummer to remove those coupons. All bdo care is people spending money on costumes to melt them into crons these days. How can people happy those coupons go away ?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. woots

dumb method to avoid to work on more developped and entertaining content with a "interesting" reward at the end.
    RNG to add diversity in a framed content is nice ( like a mob amount, a mob behavior, a different path in a quest, a different dungeons layout like the procedural ones etc ), RNG as only and single "mechanic" is bad.

I understand that's their over cheap way to give a "incentive" to go grind their over uninteresting grind spot, but geez, in 2020 it would be about time to have their "gamedesigner" evolve bit.

And that's a very absurd part of BDO, thoses guys made a system that promote "alt" but nowdays you need so much investment for the weapons that its nearly impossible to consider have several alt really "playable"

another nice idea totaly wasted with too much greed

And coupons neither is a solution, but well.

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

well, im feeling kinda happy thinking fotm rerollers gonna at least have to pay mp tax when becoming the next new op class.

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Im glad they are gone from the pearl shop, because it financially incentivized PA to develop Overpowered classes as future content. It incentivized them to make older classes obsolete so people would almost be required to roll to the new class, or remain gimped, in order to make a profit with the item.

Éternel likes this.
  15. Vortexii

No no! I follow @Andaro closely so I know that Pearl Abyss would NEVER do such a thing. I'm not sure how anyone even came up with these theories!!!! You can always trust Pearl Abyss & Kakao to do the right thing. That's their top priority, always. Consumer first!!! Customer retention, fairness, equality, balance. It's like their thing man!!

Marzipan Stan likes this.
  16. Rinnagans

Becuase melting outfit for Cron attempt on class specific items will cost more money than buying pen to coupon it to your class. Wake up people

MoonDance17 and Blitzball like this.
  17. Éternel

Éternel DarkKnight 63 NA

Producer J's idea is TERRIBLE. As another user said, if people feel that it is too difficult to attain these, they'll simply go off to other games. At the same time though, don't make it so that people are able to re-roll to whatever is the most over-powered class frequently. I'd much rather that a set of coupons (main-hand, awakening, off-hand) be available via a SIMPLE quest line, that could be repeated once or twice a year; You could even make it an in-game event, to get people to complete the quests, which may encourage your customers to buy other things like weight, inventory, outfits, etc. I'll restate, that Producer J's idea is terrible. I am personally fine with the classes that I play, but other people may not be content, which may cause them to look for a more enjoyable experience when not given any other feasible option.

TLDR: Producer J's idea is bad and it shows how little they have actually thought about what they said.

18. Suldanesselar

I just want to change my weapon without having to fork out real money to do so. Why do the players always have to jump through hoops all the time? I didn't change for fotm, I went from witch to maehwa.

I was hoping for a quest of some kind, similar to bartali quests.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  19. Vortexii

Re rolls would not be necessary in the first place if the strength of your character came from leveling it as opposed to your Cash shop errr I mean Enchanted Gear. The game is fundamentally broken when a level 64 is powerless without End Game gear. I don't mean not optimized, I mean completely useless. A level 1,000 at this point couldn't farm Stars End in Duo Gear. (Minus the latest broken OP class where that is the norm)

MoonDance17 likes this.
  20. MisterJoy

Just a farce move, they make more from pushing the weight/inventory slots for FoM, so making the item to reroll your most expensive item (available through ingame means) is more like a push to make it easier to get those weight items and inventory slots sales up, just look what is at sale for the season server.

How about not releasing completly unbalanced classes every single time? We all know, this does not happen on accident.
    And actually, for how expensive inventory slots and weight items are, they should be for all chars on the account, period, if they did that, we could actually believe, they want to stop the FoM practise, since if the FoM can be related to cash shop sales, this is not believeable.

We also have a ton of items which are character bound for no reason, but to push the sales for multiply chars including rerolls. Even those neutral tailor couponed lifeskill npc clothings are char bound.

It is a wonder, that the dream horse was not released to be char bound as well.

At the prize tag, like many cash items are, they should not be char bound.