1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Reminder: Vell Server Performance is Unprofessional & Unacceptable

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DemonNinja, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Rayin

I did Vell yesterday for the first time and it was a nightmare:

- Boats clipping on each other and rubberbanding, boats bodyblocking me underwater or on its surface because they either were turned into submarine, were fighting a clipping war with others or were even flying in the sky like seagulls;
    - Vell is often covered by a pletora of boats, so you either die because you can't see what is doing or when he's dead you struggle to find the loot because the yellow aura on top of its body it's intermittent with all those particles, objects and players, so you have to struggle to check where it is exactly and have a swimming suit to reach it as fast as you can or pray that you can sneak on someone else's boat and sit as soon as possible somewhere, else you're just bound to fall on water again and be body blocked by anything in a slow, infinite race;
    - Balenos 5 in EU yesterday was so crowded that people couldn't connect: after i managed to connect to do the 3rd Vell, a guildie of mine with its boat tried to do the same and DC'ed, then another guildie did the same and when he relogged, he had to press Balenos 5 for 5 minutes before he managed to DC in that channel again once he logged in it and several other guildies had the same fate.

The fact is that many people skip Vell only because it's frustrating, buggy and unfun, that's why they don't even bother to do it or complain. Even PA knows that, that's why they removed it from KR.
    Why should you even complain if the standard deadline for minor fixes is from 3 to 8 months, go figure a content that they didn't even bother to fix before its release in NA/EU?

In order to play Vell with the least possible amout of issues you must have a top-notch computer, a wonderful connection, hope that the channel where you start isn't too full, hide characters, play in potato mode and have a Shark/Fish outfit.
    If you meet those requirements then you'll be able to do Vell more or less smoothly, but you'll still have so many issues that it'll still be unfun.
    In a game, that is supposed to be fun, not frustrating.

2. RengerEl

For the best Vell experience, don't start on the busiest channel, and stop after 1 kill. If you want more chances at loot, then you're going to run into issues as you end up with all the other players doing vell at the same time.

3. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Yeah if you've done Vell and been on 1 of the main channels you cant deny the servers (and the game itself) is sub par for handling the load.

However this is nothing new... This will not change. Welcome to BDO.

That said even playing on my toaster I havent had too much trouble with it. Have seen others get screwed out of loot by d/c's tho.

4. Rionat

Rionat Berserker 62 NA

Anyone who thinks Vell doesn't have massive instability issues is delusional at best. Disingenuous at worst.

5. TeRRoRibleOne

You guys could have been enjoyed watching football yesterday instead of doing Vell

6. Feyti

I fail to see what there is to "enjoy" in football sorry. (still wouldn'T have gone for Vell though)

7. Noble One

well to be fair you did answer your own question as if the same people are making threads for the same problems and people in those threads are agreeing, then it would be a problem. also remember a LOT of people dont use the forums and more than likely quite a few if, not more, during vell would state the same thing is happening during the fight.

just because a problem isnt happening to you doesnt mean there isnt a problem. and lets be honest as they havent made one attempt in touching vell for connection wise since people have been reporting it. so yeah people are still going to mke threads that there are problems such as lag during the fight.

8. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

I just heard that Vell now has shared health on the test server. That means they intend to implement that here.

This is our last chance to make this work if you want to be able to swap channels for more loot chances. Make this work. Talk with other guilds to split up to other channels, and stop complaining about the lag. Your choices are 2-3 chances for loot with lag or 1 chance for loot with less lag.There is zero chance for no lag.

Current Trend
    Spawn+0 - 400 @ Ser 5 [Crash with only 200 actually able to hit the boss], 100 @ Cal 4
    Spawn+15 - 100+300 [Crash, with the late comers having 25% chance to even hit the boss once] @ Cal 4, 100 @ Ser 4
    Spawn+30 - 100+300 [Crash] @ Ser 4, 100 @ Cal 5

Better
    Spawn+0 - 100 @ Ser 4, 100 @ Cal 4, 100 @ Bal 4, 100 @ Med 4, 100 @ Val 4
    Spawn+30 - 100 @ Ser 5, 100 @ Cal 5, 100 @ Bal 5, 100 @ Med 5, 100 @ Val 5
    Players are far too greedy to do this,since they won't have that remote chance to hit a third channel.

9. Rayin

Ultra potato graphic built like that to do Vell + hide other characters and i'm still bouncing everywhere, on water, on boats, i go underwated and above the boats, i see boats flying, some boats are undewater, my peristalsis lost its efficency, i saw a Tamer inside a Zerker becoming the ultimate Transgendamer and everyone is just yelling insults in chat because Vell is such a quality, fun and enjoyable content.

Also since you changed for us the fact that we can't go in the login screen unless we perfectly stand still, i'm more often than not forced to taskmanager kill BDO and relog, waiting 5 minutes before it'll be able to connect.

And do you know what they shared HP will bring in the next patch? less Vell's Heart because they won't increase its droprate to compensate for the lost Vell's train, so whoever managed to snipe 9 like a French guy from Resilience will be offering a Vell heart for real money or tons of pearls, rest of us will chew bananas doing this fun content and clipping on other's boats every Sunday.
    Less boats, but still it won't change the issue as more people will do Vell keep the number of players near to what we have now minus the players who are disheartened doing that content.

+1 PA, +1.

Attached Files:

#29 Rayin, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  10. warriors

11. Muesticblade

Muesticblade Kunoichi 62 EU

The fight against Vell is more of a fight against the server with Vell actually helping you sometimes because he kills you and unbugs you when you respawn.
    So you're 2v1ing the server but still gotta be lucky because Vell can't always help you.
    After i get dismounted from the cannon from Vells large attack im afraid to mount the cannon again because chances are high it wouldn't work and I had to restart the game to unbug myself.

Sidina likes this.
  12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Surprinsingly ded gaem parrots don't show up on Vell topics.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

...For some reason 100 people in the same area causing the game to crash is a highlight in your opinion, you are a special breed of white knight.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I was just pointing out that your rager friends keep quiet, but now I might add that shutting up is the best way not to look ridiculous as you just did: if you believe that BDO playerbase at Vell on a Sunday is 100 people, no wonder you felt for cash shop traps.

15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

WTF..Ok, count em, I call 100-130, per server how many do you see?

[​IMG]

Edit: Know what Ill give you the benefit of the the doubt and we can Multiply my estimate by 2-5 X based on not being able to see everyone due to pop in issues.
    Still a poor excuse.

#35 Kynreaa, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

What am I supposed to count, the ships ? That's the only thing your screenshot shows.

17. Tvvin

I get the feeling youre not feeling good

18. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Me and all people from my guild that joined Vell yesterday had the same issue.
    At some point I was so bugged out that Vells enrage didn't even kill me and I had to kill the game via task manager cause relogging didn't work either lol
    Another guildie who did not join for Vell but was on the same server, kept getting teleported back to Heidel when he tried to autopath to Altinova. He eventually made it with the result that he couldn't demount his horse.

#38 Sidina, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  19. warriors

2018-09-30_8035045.PNG
    Reboot

2018-09-30_8244484.PNG

Thanks Kakao :)

edit :
    And at 5% life?

2018-09-30_8787254.PNG

[​IMG]

#39 warriors, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  20. jangalangz

The performance is absolutly ridiculous! Didn't get loot twice yesterday.. what needs to happen is a rework of the Shift + F5 feature. Make it so collision is not a thing when other players are invisible!!!!!