1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome a new member to the BDO Team!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, May 24, 2018.

1. Starissa

Welcome Richter! :):D

CM Richter likes this.
  2. Shutara

Shutara Shutara Ninja 57 EU

@CM Richter
    Some offtopic and newbie request maybe? Cannot set ingame info to be displayed on forums (level, class etc.), as it tells me I haven't chosen anything yet. Can You sort that out without me making a ticket about it?
    (Yes i l made sure to tick my EU server).

x

CM Richter likes this.
  3. Ravare

CM Richter

Welcome to the community.

CM Richter likes this.
  4. Shutara

In my honest opinion, at the end of the day making a game shouldn't be seen only as a job, but first as a passion and dedication to games. Monetizing it should only be a form of help to pay off the staff, maintain the servers and make the game better with each patch, not making soft barriers that can be removed by buying certain items.

What I meant originally was better communication with normal players. Let's take Phoenix Labs (or other smaller/noname studios) as an example, mostly because of Dauntless' open beta hype train and stuff like that.
    They try to answer most of the questions regarding patch notes/changes/ideas/bugs on Reddit/Forums, but most importantly, they listen to their playerbase' ideas and complaints and actively try to shape their game the way people want (because people play it, simple enough).
    So what I was trying to imagine was (making "realistic" example) having someone here with us, who actually does type them line codes into this game and can also explain reasons behind all those changes and plans for future, take suggestions from us and discuss them on the fly.

Instead we got 3 letters from Korea as some kind of ...what exactly? And the last one was ~2 months ago, brilliant.

No offense intended towards CM team here - I know You do your job, but I can only imagine the communication chain between us players, moderation and devs looks like:

[Devs] - we got you fam, say no mo *keep forcing their own ideas about the game instead*
    ^
    [CM/GM team] - we do our best to collect your feedback and pass it to developers,
    ^
    [players] - hurr durr fix game

#104 Shutara, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    CM Richter and bobo1979 like this.
  5. CookieBliss

Welcome! :)
    Best of luck with the community.

CM Richter likes this.
  6. Shyf

Shyf Shyf EU

Hi Richter and welcome! :)
    Let's celebrate with another free value pack :D ... no?.. no?... ok ;-;

#106 Shyf, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  7. Janus

welcome @CM Richter ! I hope you are thick-skinned, sometimes this community can get a bit rowdy. Especially if angered by getting their favorite classes screwed with.
    Anyhow, don't let that discourage you and neither that your employer yesterday took steps (ToS update) to be able to abandon BDO within 2 months instead of formerly 6 months. I am sure that is just some standard procedure after 2 years.

CM Richter likes this.
  8. Neokii

@CM Richter Hi Richter! :) I hope we have fun reading salt comments together!

9. Sylo78

Welcome @CMRichter.

CM Richter likes this.
  10. KhalidIbnWaalid

Are you the cm in Man Up?

11. KhalidIbnWaalid

CM Richter likes this.
  12. Hopefully you actually play and can get to a point in the game where you can understand the finer points of player's frustrations with the core mechanics of the game.

You'll have a unique perspective of never knowing how combat and grinding was pre patch, but still be able to feel out how this just does not work.

If you actually enjoy the game and want to be able to best represent us, play the game-- all aspects of it. Actually get to level 60 (1 weekend on a fresh account), enchant for yourself (can't sympathize without experiencing it yourself), hop into militia just to play in the area of siege and experience the same stuttering, inconsistent "end game content" we've had for years now.

And meme with us. Get our memes, get our heart.

13. Entharias

Been reading all the comments, i like this new GM!
    Sadly half of the community is made of entitled brats :(

Hope you find your new job enjoyable<3

CM Richter, Balmafra and Adanessa like this.
  14. wellman029

are you off with the other GM/CM's sweeping chimneys for max energy increases ??

#114 wellman029, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    CM Richter, iller and Stillwaters like this.
  15. Shadow8125

Welcome and good luck with this crowd.
    My grandsons do not complain as much as these people.
    What is ranted here is not the majority opinion.

16. Peisinoe

Source?

Ruffe and Stillwaters like this.
  17. Shutara

He probably meant that only a small % of total playerbase use forums at all. Therefore even though the rant about something is relatively huge, it's still only a % of players' opinion that we see.

18. Ito_Okami

19. iller

Richter? ... That name sounds quite familiar to me for some reason. ... I could swear I remember a Mr. Woolie Madden (a Mahvel alum) mention something about this gentlemen but I can't recall if it was Bus-Under-Throwing... or if it was just the usual harmless popoff

(infact it might have even been a direct reference to the oddity of a MVC'er playing "that one sh**y MMO" that he made several OC's in, but couldn't get into b/c mr. Madden can't stand grinding)

...Either way... I'd just like to point out to my fellow Peanut Gallery here that there's nothing to be gained in throwing shade in this new CM's direction. Those who inhabited FGC aren't just familiar with Salt, they bath in it every morning and thus have an unfair Advantage

#119 iller, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Neokii likes this.
  20. Yazuko

Willkommen and be prepared for alot of crying babies and salty tears in this Forum. Gl tho :D