1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went on an All out enhancement today.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LFF, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Eynix

Thank you man

2. C4rdinal

I save everything above 85 fs for pen. But keep making those tets... still no 85fs... feelsbad

3. Spartakatz

so you think, an unfair advantage coming from jobless people who grind 16 hours a day, is something better than an unfair advantage if someone buys stuff? that's interesting.

Alicia Dominica likes this.
  4. Alicia Dominica

But what do your accessories look like? Even with very little active play-time, I had no troubles getting weapon or armors to TET on both my characters, but accessories are a completely different story...

5. ambyentlight

You forgot to swipe your creditcard to win noob!

6. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

This is a different story yep, half of it softcap half blue TRI, but i ignored accs for to long

7. aswedishtiger

could you imagine being a new player and being like

"oh man Black Desert I've heard that game was fun for some people let me just check out the forums and read up on it"

Then they come to this post. Do you think that new player would ever touch this game after reading some of these responses? I know I wouldn't. Absolutely hilarious though guys I enjoyed the dude who posted the credit cards.

8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

And that is why you don't enchant your main gear.. enough said.

9. Flood

Flood Musa 61 NA

Have you ever read a "guide" for a game/class and thought it was amazing but then you actually put a lot of hours into it, became your own expert, and when you went back to the guide you realized there were a bunch of things wrong with it? That's bdo forums, reddit, etc 99% of time.

If a naive new player reads all the crap on the internet to decide what game to play, they'd never play a single game out there unless it's PRE-LAUNCH where everything is usually all sunsets and roses.

Grumblestien and DunRingill like this.
  10. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

Tell me again which part of putting in time is unfair advantage? Heck, let's use an example. Say you're an athlete and put in 10 hours a day on working out. Would you think it's unfair you'd gain more muscles and better physics than someone who trained 1-2 hours a day? Probably not. Would you think it's fair someone could use steroids to catch up, because of "lack of time"? Again, probably not.

If someone can't understand that time + effort should equal benefits then they clearly haven't understood how things work. It's an mmorpg, not your casual "I can join at any time and put in no time and have everything just like everyone else" fps (examples: cs:go and fortnite).

Smileybones likes this.
  11. GreyRebel

This rng system is sick , and made by sick lazy losers , if they wanted money , they could earn it in many other respected ways , and actualy by working on cosmatic , not doing the easiest most brainles cash sink
    Dont play theire dirty game , just buy the gears u need from market place , for pve ull be fine i guess and for pvp doesnt matter ur gonna lose vs those who have p2w gears n good fairies n expencive potions

12. Alicia Dominica

These kind of analogies mean nothing when not put into an actual context: What you are implying is simply that both people could invest 10h per day into working out, but only one of them is actually doing so, while the other is being a lazy bum for 8h and only invests 2h instead. Now let's put some actual real-life context to this: The person investing 10h a day into working out is unemployed and living on social welfare, part of those taxes are covered by the second person actually having a job for 8h a day, leaving him with only 2h a day to do the workout. So, now here is you calling out that second person for not putting in the time to work out? Right...

Simple time-investment in a MMO like BDO reflects precisely that kind of scenario: The people investing absurd amounts of time into the game are likely doing it at the cost of social welfare systems, their parents, stipends and what not. Or to put it more plainly, on the backs of the people with actual jobs. But when those very same people with jobs who as a matter of fact enable the "no-lifer" to "no-life" the game in the first place are spending some of their money on their own game accounts, it's suddenly a huge deal, unfair, p2w, devaluing the no-lifers time, blablabla. Do you even realize how completely absurd this sounds? The fundamental issue here is that someone can actually "no-life" the game, not that someone can spend money on it.

Grumblestien likes this.
  13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I don't know when I was a student, everyone was telling me to enjoy my life while it lasted, not to make it miserable because other people having jobs etc as you are apparently implying.

14. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

You are really representing the QQ community in a perfect way... new to the game, not even achieved something yourself and crying and ranting over everything... if you want your gear from the first login, go play counterstrike. But stop this damn whining here already

15. fenzz

Im not even going to point out how gross and untrue your generalization of the high geared playerbase in this game. but i think you already knew that, and just had to point it out to feel better about yourself.

but the real hole in your argument is. why should we care?. why should i care that that guy has a job and work 8hours a day and only has 2 hours to play the game? do you want a medal? do you having a job IRL should have any bearings on the game? does that even sounds logical to you?

if someone plays for 10h and someone else plays for 2h that exactly what it is. what they do with the rest of their time is completely irrelevant and most importantly, none of your business.

#55 fenzz, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2018
  16. Alicia Dominica

Then kindly follow your own advise and stop caring about people spending money on the game and so-called "p2w". If someone is spending a lot of money on the game and someone isn't, that's exactly what it is. After all, this is none of your business either. Bye.

17. Spartakatz

good example. you know, anyone can take part in a running race without having trained a single day. and he can still win, because he's super talented. or has the right genes and needs no 10 hours a day working out (which nobody would do anyway).
    - athletes don't have a 50m advantage in a 100m race just because they started to train 1 year ealier.
    - chess players don't get an additional figure every month they play
    - etc etc...

if would be only fair when stuff is equalized, otherwise it doesn't matter. people who work, also need invest effort. money means time and effort. hard to understand for people who never worked maybe, yea.

18. aidlac

The thing is, it's an mmo. Not your casual "lets all be equal despite not putting in the same amount of time" game (examples: LoL, dota, fortnite, overwatch, cs:go). If you want equalized, sure, go for it. But then how is it equal that some can simply pay to get somewhere? If it was equal everyone should have everything for free. Or equalized free max enhanced gear.

19. aidlac

I never said i'm against the fact that people can spend money on the game, I'm against being able to buy power with money. Focus the p2w crap into better cosmetics or new pets etc instead. Also, with there being almost EVERY SINGLE OTHER GAME TYPE IN EXISTENCE being the standard casual "lets all be the same after we play for an hour", what's so fundamentally wrong with having one single game type (mmorpg's in this case) where time put in benefits the player(s)?

20. Spartakatz

I know it's an MMO. I also know there's a cash shop. What exactly is your argument? People always come up with "unfair", and I simply say, both mechanics are not fair. It's absurd that you think when someone has a lot more spare time that would be "equal" but someone who works all day in that time, and spends a few bucks afterwards, that's not OK. Btw, those guys are paying the game that YOU play, the 5 bucks buy cost can nowhere cover the server and development costs.
    That's how those games work, must be the first game you play I guess.

Alicia Dominica likes this.