1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're next...

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Netreiam, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Netreiam

I can't lie and say I'm not excited, but I'm pretty sure we're not going to get the changes we need :(

So far the pattern seems to be buffing awakening and increasing options for various flows. But everything that they've done so far has already been done on valk.

They've buffed her animation speed
    They've buffed her attack range
    They've allowed her flows to be used outside of the original skill
    They've made skills like terra flow from casti

But w/e. Assuming these buffs are garbage I think it will be along the lines of:

-Verdict accuracy increased to 10%, cooldown reduced to 25~20s, maybe an animation speed increase
    -PvE damage of Sacrum Ferit increased

Some slightly useful buffs I can think of would be:

-Increased hitbox of Blitz stab
    -Ability to move using enslar even if no target is selected
    -FG/super armor on terra sancta before the attack (like the recently SPED UP crust crusher on musa) < Btw, I honestly wouldn't like this buff because it would only mean people would complain more about valks without any of our actual issues getting fixed.

And the 3 things I would most like to see (and almost guaranteed won't happen) are:
    -Shield Chase changed to I frame, cooldown lowered by 2 seconds on lvl II and III, distance travel standardized between all versions.
    -Resetting cooldowns REMOVED
    -Celestial Cry and Divine Descent actually reworked into useful skills.

Make sure to raid global labs and get your suggestions out there!

#1 Netreiam, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Muhaha likes this.
  2. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. I'm just hoping they're actually decent buffs and not some useless bull ****.

Netreiam likes this.
  3. Rubio

I hope they give us the movement protected by super armor as it once was.
    At present it is an unarmed class that has totally lost its front line role, they must understand that once the parade has broken, I do nothing of the movements of FG I no longer have FG to use if it is zero.

It would be enough to put the dots as it is for Mistyc and when you use them the first and invicible and the others in SA

4. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

any class:''we need more mobility and iframes''
    PA:'' Ok''
    Valk:'' i want at least 1 iframe every 5 seconds just like every ****ing other class.''
    PA:'' you have a block shut up

were getting jackshit again and again we will always stay this most unprotected class in the freaking game. every ranged class has more protection if you dont include our useless block.
    Succ Wizard just spams you with instant protected ranged Dmg + KD in a rate that you can barely even move. a ****ing ranged class with just as much dmg as other classes have melee but we cant have a single iframe. a somewhat strong block like guardian. any disengage tool. protected cc's and whatnot

they will just continue buffing warrior instead cause who cares about valk anyway. warrior is way easier to fix. or well is already fixed and a broken piece of ****.

5. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

You guys need an iframe move

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

AND then they give guardian few iframes, perma slows, damage of a combined witch+wizard and low cd dp debuffing grab. :D

7. Rügenwalder Pommersche

let not forget about slows on every hit since thats her balanced passiv, also crit for free cos why not, hp reg -yea take that too

8. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

well and yet guardian still doesnt feel half as op as alot of other classes tbf ofc its completly overtuned with how much stuff she has. its still slow. and needs alot of gear. it can be a beast. but it can also be easily grabed. and any class even valk can easily dodge her grabs.

well good thing barely anyone noticed yet how to cancel the slow stab from her awak grab.
    or well noone cause i havent seen anyone doing it yet. :D

9. Netreiam

That's because tanky classes are always at risk from being in melee range in the first place. Most classes have grab. So as long as you have enough gear to kill them you can always just counter their approach with a grab and end it. (obviously doesn't apply to non-grab classes, but that's why they are generally faster, more i-frames, etc) The classes that feel "OP" are classes that are built on being unfair. Ranger is built to NEED to kill people before they can get in range. Sorc is built to NEED constant I-frames so they can constantly pressure an opponent that she can't just grab. Musa and Maewha NEED to be so fast that you can't react with a grab and so uncatchable that you can't just run them down and then grab them. If it isn't near impossible for the melee to win, these classes are almost guaranteed to lose. Add on to this the fact that killing someone in this game is usually all or nothing because of how pot spam works and you have an easy recipe for constant imbalance, If those classes aren't top tier, their usually near the bottom.

Archer being a new class is a bit more decent in his design because he won't always be completely out of range and because of that there is decent opportunity to attack him. My only gripe is that I feel he has too much protected ranged CC, which considering he has a range advantage (which is basically another form of protection) on top of actual protection it's pretty stupid. Maybe if his ranged CC attacks were slower or if only his slower CC ranged attacks were protected? Although I may be biased since I'm a valk, and valk has the worst protected movement and CC potential in the game. So having to fight a class that can actually kite (instead of relying on insta killing because they have shitty movement like succ ranger) is pretty aids for us.

#9 Netreiam, Apr 1, 2020 at 7:27 AM
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020 at 7:36 AM
    Fateneko and Legacina like this.
  10. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Fateneko likes this.
  11. Noraiga

We got curved out of the galaxy :DD:<

12. Ftiris

We dont exist for PA xD better sit on our wheelchair and shut up.

13. Netreiam

I'd like to believe that they had so many changes they needed to make and so decided to hold back while they finish making them.

But really someone was probably told "buff the shield class" and they knew Guardian was the only one that actually fit that description.

14. Ftiris

In before next week
    Valk changes: 3 lines of text

Noraiga likes this.
  15. MtNariel

Hoping for next week changes.

16. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

its just gonna be more tiny Qol changes that barely matter. and save you 0.00001 second or 100 stamina at most

17. x_samfisher_x

Don't hold your breath.....
    Also me[​IMG]

Netreiam likes this.
  18. Noraiga

Cooldown reduce by 1sec on "Wave of Light", forward guard have been removed.
    The technology have been improved to connect more smoothly.
    "Hastiludium" knockdown resistance have been change : -30% to -35%
    "Hastiludium" movement distance have been reduce, super armor only at the start of the skill.

We adjust this skill for more quick versatible engage and also Wave of Light was too efficient, we took of her "forward gard".
    "Hastiludium" have the particularity to reduce the knockdown resistance of your opponent we wanted more versatility between awakening and the main hand of the valk, we hope to make Valkyrie an enjoyable and high skilled class for our dears valkplayers.

19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Lets guess:

Fixed the unnatural look of holding Lancia with Xyz Costume while riding a donkey.

Improved Shiny shiny particle effect on Divine Descent

Flurry of Kicks gets 5 more SP per hit

x_samfisher_x likes this.