1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're next...

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Netreiam, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

dont think we ever had split dmg on ult. our skills were always capped at 10 people. so i assume all 10 would take the same amount. unless its the typical hidden bdo ********.

2. MtNariel

Would love to have Tera Sancta to deal full damage to 10 people ^^.

3. Netreiam

We didn't to begin with but I feel like I remember it as a change implemented a while ago, maybe when they were rebalancing ults?

I don't think Terra has split damage.

4. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

no idea.

also dont think terra has split.

5. Mana_Mafia

TIL Witch and Wizard can i-frame at least every 5 seconds.

6. MtNariel

Aw, i'm new so i don't know if it has split damage or not. But i'm really disappointed that we didn't get any buffs this week. >.<

7. Netreiam

Same, I thought that last week's "developer's note" implied that they would be doing the awakening/succession damage balancing next and then doing changes for archer/sorc/valk the week after, but it seems that they were talking about adding the archer/sorc/valk "no split damage" changes, not actual balancing.

They said they'll be doing the rebalancing for all classes "as quickly as possible" but they already said that their major focus was the damage difference between succ/awak. Add in the fact that valk will simply be another one of the 19 classes they are trying to do "all at once" and it's probably going to just be small damage buffs to awakening because just changing damage numbers is the "balancing" that PA likes best.

Things be looking bleak :(

8. Vivec

You can now use Prime: Purificatione by pressing W + C during Shield Chase or Prime: Shield Chase.

We did it boys. Not the change we wanted, but the change we needed.

Muhaha likes this.
  9. Jim.Berry

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Valk in the mobile game is super fast and super strong, more so than Dark Knight. So maybe our game will get like that?

10. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Mobile is not the same...

11. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

upload_2020-4-29_15-49-20.png
    So essentially nothing changed...

12. Netreiam

WHAT?!

Are you telling me you AREN'T hitting at least 6 people with shield push at every opportunity???
    /s

I mean, we already knew this was going to be garbage lol.

Muhaha, Legacina and Galatia like this.
  13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Hmmm

The shield trash skills...
    upload_2020-4-29_18-11-11.png
    If that is no clear indication on how good they are, I do not know anymore.

If they actually wanted to "buff" them, they would need to give it protection a far better flow (like 50 times as fast) and about 1000 times more damage and they would still just be "meh, I might use it when every other skill is on cd"-skill.

Counter:
    ....yeah a 0,5 meter range skill clearly was stuggling with split damage, ignoring that is almost entirely used to cancel into other skills, fully aware risking to be cc'ed during the cancel.

Sharp Light:
    Okay good, thanks for that, since sharp light totally is not an unprotected skill you pretty much only use in 1v1 to extend with a knockdown after your first cc.

Punishment:
    Our grapple also struggled with the split damage, as we use our grapple only when there are at least 20 people close enough to sneeze into our face. The reason we only do it then is to get cc'ed 100% of the time. I think you can count on one hand how often you hit more than 1 person with a grapple during a 3-hour long siege.

Shining Dash:
    I mean, that is actually a strong skill, but when are you even hitting more than like 2 or 3 people with it. You are locked in it for the first two slashes. Which means if you engage on a horde with that, there will be at least 1 person that takes the long window of FG you provide them with, jump in your back, cc you and doom you to die there.

Without even any actual numbers from how it was before and after, it is even hard to tell what the actual difference is or if there even is one, when you for example only hit 2 people, not 8 or 15).

Muhaha likes this.
  14. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Just gonna add that here too...
    upload_2020-4-29_18-29-14.png

Did anyone actually working on this game even take a look at this ****? Hello?!?!?!?!?! Anyone?

Why do you even bother changing anything for a skill, that seems to be obviously balanced around a level 10-15 character with like 20 Skillpoints total?

15. Inspirer

It's amazing how naive and patient people can be! Wake up! They wont do any buffs on VALKS! Just look at today's /May13/ patch notes. It is hilarious!

16. Netreiam

If you read the thread and checked the date on the posts it would have been obvious we were talking about the global lab patch notes. Specifically the one that mentioned Valkyrie specifically getting buffed.

Not sure why you're trying to attack people actually interested in things getting better.

17. Inspirer

What do you mean? I want things to get better! I had/have main Valk. But I don't see any efforts so far by PA devs.

18. Mjollnir

...another week and still no signs... keep waiting, but patience is running out.

19. Netreiam

WE FINALLY GOT IT BOIS, WILL COMMENT SOON.

Muhaha likes this.
  20. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

I'm curious what the "lightning sting" thing is, it sounds like giving enslar keybinds to be used from preawakening, and then giving it freeform movement maybe with m2m?, and what "unified with forward guard" and "state over immune" applied to shield chase was (from global lab notes)

#60 ViktoryiaV, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020