1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s the biggest issue with the game right now?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Reglub, Aug 17, 2018.

?

What’s the biggest issue with the game right now?

1. Balancing or lack there of

25.9%
  2. Sea monster hunting

32.8%
  3. Hackers

12.7%
  4. Lack of content

16.9%
  5. Event driven economy

11.6%
  1. Catastigma

its the case. thier add combat exp,skill exp and Silver on praticly all daily quest...

2. Catastigma

its not for the better. thier will completly kill the interest of the game.

3. kogason

So you are telling me that the game is perfect the way it is?

4. Information

Ok, maybe I didn't pick the right example (even tho the changes are kinda un noticable) but the point still remains :p

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

should change your name to "Mrs. Information", because they did, and you can. You can actually level up, quite decently, just by doing daily repeatable quests (for level 60s and under), not to mention gaining silver, and skill points. Made a spreadsheet of the amount you gain per day doing this, if you fancy some numbers.

6. Catastigma

About what ? the economic ? Yes Sea monster is a trouble. but the Sea monster will definitly be nerf soon so just profit. every economy have crisis time. its not the first time that BDO have a huge inflation/economy crisis and will surely be not the last time .

the renown ? only the AP renown is a issue. the scaling is too high.
    Classe balance ? The game on my points of view is more balance that before.

The majority of * balance * problems that people describe are caused by the AP renowm and not the class itself.

every other aspect is descent and the futur content that arrive will surely fill my free time with fun.

so if the question is. am I satisfied with bdo? The answer is yes. and I will probably play it for several more years.

#26 Catastigma, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  7. Underdog

I do have a genuine question for you, game has been out a few years now and I've looked for content updates that have come during that time and not actually found much. The only thing I can find is people complaining about how endgame is... well nothing really.

The stuff I have found hasn't included what would be the games major selling point, it's combat. It's mostly other stuff like management and things like SMH/muskets.

So if there is stuff I would like to know. Or what actual game play content would be coming?

8. Catastigma

New think to do. Snipe hunting. Minesweeper gathering. Trading that become more profitable ect... New world boss with a upgrade for Boss offhand and a Free Pet. Manos cloth/jewelfor Processing and gathering for increase lifeskill mastery ect...

BDO is not a themepark. BDO is a Sandpark, a Sandpark dont have end-game. there are only infinite roads. The game does not force you to follow a single progression road. it's not a Themepark that are by nature Linear and Assisted.

On BDO. you do what you want to do. not what the game says to do. There is no sense or purpose other than that which you will give him. We are talking about sandbox progression and persistence.

There is nothing that * drives * the players. no one here is drive by a story of a Hero again the next super-vilain that want to destroy azeroth like billion of other Super-vilain before.... and did this during 15 years of expension...

Unlike belief. BDO is not PVP centric in its philosophy, the pvp(siege/node) is nothing more than a destination that people decide to have.

But hey, people are so used to doing this to say what they should do.
    they are so used to playing sheep with the shepherd, as in all these themepark mmorpgs.
    As soon as they are made free, they feel empty. Those who say that BDO has no content, are themselves empty shells.

In a multitude of choices, the themepark player will say that they do not have any , The ignorant are the first to judge.

These plague community only know 2 content, Raid and arena. any other content will be considered non-existent.. such a level of stupidity. that's what this autistic community reached.

#28 Catastigma, Aug 18, 2018
    Maginha, Mgp and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  9. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

did you know that Sea Beast income actually helps to increase node taxes? How? Sailors spend their money in the market, which means more taxes, which means higher tax pool split among node owners.

The real problem is there isn't anything in the market to buy....our population is a fraction of what it was a year ago....Crafters aren't crafting, grinders aren't grinding (enmasse), suppliers aren't supplying. There's nothing, or not.much, to spend money on.....

Early this.morning, there were under 2000 relic shards; Beer, And grilled chicken stay sold out, popular food items and elixirs are sold out.....even Black Stones are sold out, and its been a long while since that happened.

People are in such dire desire of supply that they're placing insane pre-order just to get items they want.

Everyone talks about inflation, because of "income" (regardless of source) but forget that inflation has two parts to the dance, and supply is the partner that's not keeping up.

#29 Andaro, Aug 18, 2018
    ODB3698 likes this.
  10. Nibblesdragon

That's because the same thing is causing both the increase in silver and the decrease in supply. Don't blame players for taking the smarter path.

ODB3698 likes this.
  11. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Quest give xp, wake up man :D

12. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Real Issue: Lack of content
    Lack of any content is killing playerbase, I bet if we would get expansion like kamasylve every 6month no one would give **** about sea monsters/p2w and other crap because they would be busy doing stuff. I know many people love to explore, visit new places, enjoy spots (yea I know griffons/manshuams kicked many people asses on release). If game would get steady stream of content players would stay because "situation is not that good at this moment but we will get update soon so maybe it will be great again" logic. Even sea monster hunters would abandon their profitable spot just to enjoy something new.

Never, ODB3698 and Factorial like this.
  13. Factorial

spot on.

honestly, all other issues with bdo are manageable if we get solid content. content means something that is somewhat different but still obtaining the same goal: gear progression. we need new ways and a large variety of ways to play the game. we can't be doing the same thign for the next 20 years. that's just not sustainable. it's not. currently, we go up to years without any new meaningful content.

please, a new class to get to level 60 in a week isn't content. it's a cash grab.

people seem to forget that games are meant to be entertainment, not a place to put in hard work or make into a second job. it's supposed to be enjoyable, fun, exciting, thrilling even. somehow, we forgot this and everything has to be a never-ending grind session so boring that we have to put on netflix/hulu to stand it.

this is why people are quick to abuse any system that speeds things up. there is too much boring drag that any sane person can reasonably stand until they say, "hey, where is the fun? wasn't this supposed to be fun?"

but watch some clown spew sewage out of his mouth and say "bdo is a sandpark everything is fine blah blah blah"

Never and ODB3698 like this.
  14. RoakOriginal

Beside SMH all of them...

15. Smilence

Alll of these will be gone if dev give a dam, so the biggest issue with the game right now is dev abandoned the game, and let it became their cash grab cow to fund their next big thing

Blackhearted likes this.
  16. Information

I realized I chose a poor example too late :( feelsstupid

Draconnix likes this.
  17. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

1st and 5th are responsibility of PA, 2,3,4 - because Kakao don't have game producer and don't communicate with community at all.

18. Vorkrunne

I just want some group PvE gameplay where we use the game's COMBAT.

Factorial likes this.
  19. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

I selected Event Driven Economy, but I'd like to add:

It wouldn't be an issue if drop rates weren't abysmal.

People would actually be motivated to grind for more than level 61, and would enhance more on their own.

ODB3698 and Factorial like this.
  20. ambyentlight

Hackers and seamonster payouts have killed the games ecconomy and basicly the game is fubar, because even if they nerf seamonsters silver gain and or cap payouts the people that have gained like hundreds of billions silver will own the market for a long time yet whilst the people that either dident have a ship or rather wasent in a active seamonster payout guild suffer.