Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Reglub, Aug 17, 2018.
game started dying as soon as they gutted pvp.
"action combat style" where you spend more time on the floor than actually fighting.
Except they reworked daily quests and you can now get not only character xp but also skill xp through them. Oops, doesn't fit your narrative.
Edit: I realised this was pointed out several times already.
the xp given is so low that you will never progress if you want to "progress with quest only", well you might take several years to do what a player grinding do in somes days.
Like, i did the 3 daily at soldier's grave, and for the skill xp it barely was 30% ( at around 850sp ) its like what ? 15-20min grind ?
yeah they added few reward but in the end it change jack sh#t.
The biggest issue facing this game is the same as on day 1: The enhancement system.
BDO is basically a variation on the Diablo formula: level up, gear up along the way and kill lots of things in ever-more spectacular fashion. Most people bailed on Diablo when they got to the point where the pace of upgrades got too slow or seemed to stop. The same thing happens here in BDO, except at a MUCH earlier point.
Why is there now option : Players still think they play a normal mmorpg
It is the players fault that they think this is a pvp game when in reality u the game is a true sandbox mmorpg .
Also they keep crying about enhancement wtf ? We will get update next year , save up money lol ...
I chose the failure at balance, but this should have been a multiple choice question where you choose all that apply. I think everything in the list...with the exception of hackers...are an equal problem. Hackers actually help this game ironically. They stock the market with relics and other drops when players are too busy sea monster hunting to supply the market lol. Hackers are also responsible for calling PA out on their bs...if you consider what bloo did hacking. The only negative hacking in this game that I see would be if you consider market bots hacks.
Wow you did 3 whole dailies and you make conclusions ?
A guildie of mine levelled from 60 to 61 in 2 months doing dailies. I'd say sure it's slower, but it's damn right fast and pleasant for people who dislike grinding, which was the purpose of adding xp to quest to begin with, not competing with people who grind all day to 63.
actually I disagree with this, because we already saw the same trend long before SBH "exploded".. If there was no SBH, people would still be fishing and processing, and the exact same situation would still be present.
SBH "explosion" merely sped up a trend that was already happening.
because you see the raw income of the 3 dailies alone, which is the trend of "how good are quest reward" : very low.
"2 months doing dailies", that mean nothing and everything. how many dailies hours per days or weeks ? what kind of dailies ? if its killing mob dailies, then it mean ( considering my 3 dailies exemple ) 90% of his xp income came from the killed mobs.
Especialy when somes bashing daily request particular item, you can easily spend 30-40min bashing mobs if RNG is RNG to finish it. So you end doing a "normal" grind moment
When leveling my mystic or lahn i spent enough time doing all quest i could find to valencia ( minus life skills one ) they never brought anything relevant when it come to leveling. Always had to go by the grind fest phase to really have xp / sp.
Leveling / SP-ing only would be a real alternative if it were as fast as classic grind. But its clearly not.
some people really do believe that the biggest issue right now is sea monster hunting. When every other option is actually causing sea monster hunting to seem bad.
No classs balance. People rather spend time on the ocean. -> sea monster hunting
Hackers. Somehow people have to keep up with their income (but in a legit way). -> sea monster hunting
Lack of content. There is really nothing to do. No more options, no new things, just old boring staff, so till the new content -> sea monster hunting
Event driven economy. Not much to explain, it is the reason why sea monster hunting feels destroying. -> Sea monster hunting.
Literally, lack of class balance, hackers, lack of content and event driven economy are ALL casuing sea monster hunting to seem bad. And you fools even fall for it. But I tell you, every other option than sea monster hunting is actually causing more bad to the game, and you must be freaking blind not to see it.
You can nerf sea monster hunting, but the ****-ups in the foundation will still remain.
Where is pearl-gift-scamming on that list?
You right, all options in poll is problems right now, but seamonsters at current moment is worser.
- Balance is a myth and don't exist in any RPG game.
- hackers ? Where is server logs Kakao ? What you GM's doing ? Hard to tell who is hacking and when crappy Leaseweb server.
- Lack of content ? Ofc it is as Kakao cut it off to prolong their version.
-Event driven economy ? Yes indeed it is, so in Korea they added shakatu boxes to compensate it,as they understand that drop chances vs success enchant chances is super bad, Kakao cut it off.
But here we are blaming seamonster hunting because its generate x10 more raw silver then any other activity in the game.
Not sure why you cut part of what I said because it gave you a serious clue: my guildie dislikes grinding and levelled all the way from 60 to 61 through non-grinding dailies. He did about 70 quests a day for 2 months.
Of course it's slower considering you bypass completely openworld PVP, it's called risk vs reward consideration.
Therefore they didn't lie about implementing an alternative to grinding when it comes to level up, which was my initial point.
bashing mob daily also can be fast sometime / often changing place / "lot of travel around" inbetween quest also cut that grind feel even if in the end you still spend all the active time bashing mobs. So nearly all of you XP / SP still come from mobs.
Maybe add to that somes life skills daily ? cant speak about thoses since i nearly never done it.
Which circle back to what i was saying, the quests themself give nearly jack sh#t. And doesnt offer a real alternative since its really slower compare to flat grinding ( and so without much doubt when it come to all drop in general, so silver )
It would be a real alternative if quest / dailies was balanced with grinding. ( time spend / xp - sp reward / silver / drop.. etc ) but its not.
Like ( total random values )
if 60 - 61 is done in 100hours and bring you 500M + XXX SP with pure grind
So 100 questing hours would bring you the same thing ( not ofc counting the time you would spend traveling between thoses various quest )
there sure, we would have a true alternative.
The option: The Community, is missing. Thats the biggest issue. This game has by far the worst mmo community.
- Renown Score and AP bracket bonus which are two separate entities but are still treated like one.
- MF bottleneck in favour of AM: as proof of that we have the fact that they don't want to speed up the Relic spawn animation when in the Private server its owner did it in a day, keep giving us 1 MF for 5 or 7 days in Attendance tab and come up with new events to mix MF with other shìt to "have the chance" to obtain more MF, controlling basically the influx of MF like that and sugar-coating the problem with event-driven periodical injections;
- The community being counter-productive asking indiscriminately for nerfs or removing stuffs when they don't suggest anything to replace it or suggest low-effort solutions that do not solve the problem in its core;
- PvP changes: some classes become way too effective with high AP while others can kill but are not as efficient or are totally worthless in certain scenario and PA is taking too much time to balance stuffs because a part of the community justify it as "normal". Although it wasn't "normal" when they decided to change the entire PvP structure in a week and went through a month of "rebalance" that didn't do anything.
- PvE: Not challenging, not funny, often not rewarding;
- Karma & Guild System: Flawed, Arsha is a palliative and not the cure for that disease. You can't declare war to Guilds that do not own a node if you own a node and even the size of your guild plays a role in that, so smaller guilds can grief you endlessly and lately the griefing itself increased even from guilds that can be declared because they disabled PvP at World Bosses, so everyone feels justified to do what they want in scenario where obviously shouldn't be like that as every habitat is influenced by those that lives in it and not just from one side.
- The Physics: Some classes can glide, ride a beast in air or jump around and fall perfectly on their feet, while others can't even use the basic jump or a skill from a rock 20 centimeters tall without facing the worst consequence of this game, the falling animation which stuns you for 2 seconds if you land right after, else enjoy swimming in the air.
- Mentality of developers: we ask X and they keep giving us / and \ to form that X, along with the rigged RNG chance to get / at 70% and \ at 30, with the possibility to loose both in the process. That mentality is diluting the game at the point that trying anything becomes frustrating.
Of course, it's an alternative for the reason I explained in the part of my post that you did cut (again).
Furthermore, if the required time to level by questing was equivalent to grinding, how many players will quest to bypass openworldPVP ? Obviously, questing has to be a slower alternative.
I'd say "a progression system that is determined entirely by chance and a game that crushes those whom aren't lucky"...RNG is the by far the biggest issue with the game. PvP relies on luck in enchanting, which relies on luck in winning items on the market or finding them. PvE is based on luck on finding items to make it worthwhile as well as luck that someone luckier than you doesn't attack you and force you to leave. RNG crushes new players and many veterans.
It's impossible to imagine a new player coming to this game and enduring several month to years of torment due to Renown and Offense scaling just so they can finally compete against other players. They're not going to do it. They'll leave and play a game that doesn't look as beautiful and doesn't have a combat system that's as good...but is ultimately a much better game that isn't nearly as exploitative as Black Desert. RNG has to be fixed if the game is to survive.
Games like these are not meant to survive. They are meant for one thing. Cash grab so hard and fast before they lose the majority of the player base. At this point they swap gears towards P2W for the remaining whales to spend big money on these type of games. Most eastern MMOs are like this.
If you want a MMO that will stay healthy with it thriving player based. Then you have to look to the western MMOs like, GW2, ESO, even Eve. These titles will keep a healthy player base for 10+ years. I doubt eastern MMO even have a road map and just YOLO develop games to cash grab as hard and fast as they can. While western MMOs will have road map. And will tend to cash grab via the long road with road maps.