1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am i supposed to do with people like him?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prokaizer, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Uhm ye but in GW2 you are supposed to play together in BDO you supposed to fight against each other.
    Imagine it would work like you say, you hit a mob and get the loot even tho you are not in a party. It does not just mean that PK and war dec are absolutely irrelevant now but it would also open doors for "gold" sellers.
    Or trolls who would not even bother grinding or working on their gear, they would just follow geared players and hit the same mobs + getting same amount of loot with 0 effort.

AZzalor likes this.
  2. Capitaine Courage

"Welcome to all our passengers aboard the Orichalcum Ore Train ! Tchoo Tchoo !"
    That was nice indeed, but can't really work here because of different settings.
    On the other hand, that should be how things works in groups.

3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

That is simply wrong. You're writing this with the assumption that everyone has his gearscore written above his head and you always know what you were up against. Sure it was possible but rarely occured outside of the top spots (which were taken by guilds as a whole mostly).
    You never knew if the other one is stronger or weaker geared and you would basically never just flag up. Players duelled for the spot and most of the time honored it because the risk of flagging and the other one actually winning were too big. Since one side has its penality removed, griefing has increased drastically because now players can behave like the biggest a$$holes without having to fear ANY CONSEQUENCE.

That would be a goldseller heaven in bdo.

4. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

I have a CRAZY idea. From my experience in bdo, no one (except me) is ever come up with this trick!

Talk to him and be nice!

Yahh i know sound super stupid but hear me out: it works often and make the game better for both of you.

Joungf and Rafvir like this.
  5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Ye... like that works at all :-)
    If someone wants to be a dck then he is gonna be a dck. This behaviour is caused because these people clearly know there is no penalty for their actions.

AZzalor likes this.
  6. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

It's the long lost art of "social engineering", an elegant weapon of a more civilized age.

Lefteye and IWalkAlone like this.
  7. BDOISBROKEN

Name one current game with that design ,ANNNNNNNNNNNDD GO

AZzalor likes this.
  8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

BDO was made to fight over ressources, you were not supposed to share with random people anything. Just the same way you will not talk to people in CS, Apex, LoL, Dota etc... Just because devs failed and tried to make a mixed system it actually just got annoying for everyone who is not abusing the the no-penalty mechanics.
    Just imagine BDO gets like 10k+ more active players... the talk-method will work for few days maybe and then people will tell you to gtfo and everyone will start to fight over ressources like it used to be.

AZzalor likes this.
  9. Gojira

I have read some pages of this thread and people has made some good suggestions.

1. Change channel
    2. Go on ashra for pvp gathering.
    3. Share and be nice
    4. Loose karma and go to the forums and complain of a mechanic that been in game since 2016.

hmmm all good suggestions.

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

lose*
    And no, the mechanic was not in the game since 2016, at least not the way we have it now.

11. Capitaine Courage

There was a counterpart to spending karma at the beginning, it was called "losing 1 % XP per PvP death".
    In the earliest stages of design, PA even asked themselves if the game should go full loot or not, but they decided to not go that way.

AZzalor likes this.
  12. Jupto

I dont support griefing and dont support random braindead PK, but you killing that guy does not make me lose any sleep, i know we can share things but this is 100% sign of no respect for anyone else than him self(the guy getting killed/stealing gathering).
    He could have asked in chat to split mobs or even ask for group so you both could get it done.
    I would never have done this tho, i always take one and then gather etc. and if someone is standing near me while im there, i just wait and see.
    I think they should change the loot system like in other games, where it is locked to the person who hit it first and not who does most dmg, cause then a Whale can ALWAYS take your stuff, because they will Always out dmg you.
    So hit first=earned the right to loot and gather and after maybe 45sec. the mob gets open to the rest of the world to loot etc.

Fearless V likes this.
  13. woots

hehe
    I never said they should instore the exact same way to manage that here. Yet, that's BDO settings that should be changed to get something similar, that solve SO many issue you see in every single mmo having the "classic" setting.

You have all pvp mods to fight against each other, stop be the subclass pleb pvp-er

Dont worry players willing to "declare wars" would always find a way to do so even if BDO had a GW2-like pve setting. No saying, instead of beeing entilted with grind spot as "conflict source" as i said 264655654time at least, maybe you should want more game system in the openworld giving other incentive to fight for. And considering BDO open world, there would be tons of possibilities.

you already have enough of "leveling service" doubt it would change anything.

"work on their gear" I'am sorry, arent games supposed to have fun ?
    Not saying, is that so hard for you to press the same 5-6 keys to bash one of the most unchallenging dumbest AI ever made in a game, that you consider this as "working / hard task"
    that's concerning ! Very !

Fearless V likes this.
  14. Joungf

Getting into dialog is way too difficult. Just flag and kill.

Solitaire likes this.
  15. Prokaizer

If a thief visit your house sometime, be nice to him and try to convince him not to steal from you.

Nice joke dude.

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

What is that supposed to mean?
    Not sure what you are trying to say here either.

Leveling service? Since when does level even matter in BDO? The level you need to do PvP is done within one day.
    I am talking about real "gold" selling... where a geared person grinds for you meanwhile you just follow or one from the gold seller team does that for you...

At what point did I say anything about hard? I am talking about the option of a, let's say 50/100, person being able to follow someone in hystria hitting the mobs and getting free loot. At no point you are able to get the amount of loot of a 281 kutum AP player with 50 AP.

I explained broken mechanics that your suggestion would implement to this game but you twisted my words and talk about grinding being hard for some reason...well.. why not..

AZzalor likes this.
  17. woots

Figure out yourself

= level, so SP, so Silver /facepalm.
    I've even read that somes also offering
    And level kinda "matter" with the unlock of the accessories bound to 61-2-3-4

You do release that a basic mobs would never be able to handly damage from 50/100 players.
    You really sort of pepega arent you.

18. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

You don't own anything in the game world so your comparison is off.

19. Stabby

"Before i start gathering the remaining lions he used Elions Tear to rivive himself and he started gathering my lions again."

20. magret

First, it's not your home

Second, people with no clue about how to behave in a social environnement, you just have to be the adult. Standard working question in almost all situations:

"What do you think you're doing?"

Guy will not answer that he is trying to piss you off with words. If exceptionally he does or just doesn't answer and then you kill him, it's just humiliation/pedagogy. He can't possibly think he triggered you. You expressed that you found his behavior out of place and let him a chance to explain and/or time to change it. You set the meaning of you attacking next.

If you just act without stating anything, he can interpret that he got what he wanted. Pissing you off. He thinks he wins and he comes back. You're just feeding the troll.