1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are people doing for Pen now?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amieelee, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

What I imagine I'm going to do is constantly buy TET versions of what I'm enhancing and tap it, when it fails I'll just sell the failed version and rinse and repeat until I'm at a stack where I'll switch to using crons because all my TET's have succeed long before 100fs which is a blessing and a curse. At this point, I've enhanced so much that I don't want to keep enhancing things to TET to attempt PEN, I'd prefer to make silver and buy the TET versions.

Once I do this last TET accessory to get me to 261 with kutum I'm not going to risk any of that gear.

2. 2Cents

Working as intended, IF your intent is to abuse a younger audience by predatory practices.

3. TwilightAngel

Wouldn't really call it predatory..... however how EA does their Cash shop that however is

4. Claydough

What? This game is the worst in that reguard

As somone who has been in this situation, try spending $500 on cron pen attempts only to fail every click and have nothing to show for it

The temptation to further gamble on cron pens with irl money is massive just to not end up with nothing after spending massive amounts of money

Its literally ‘how to cause a gambleing addiction 101’

Tvvin and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 1 NA

Good practice server, learned my lesson on not going for pen on 50-66 stacks like the idiot i've been, people that get it with low fs are extremely lucky.

6. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

It was definitely interesting. I kept telling myself no ****** way every time I repaired it lol.

7. The_Peacekeeper

The_Peacekeeper The_Peacekeeper Witch 62 EU

Got a PEN dandy on 104 fs. Used crons and was level 3 or 4 caphras (not sure if it matters).

Tvvin likes this.
  8. Hawkes

this whole 'russian roulette' system of gearing up has always been odd to me.

It's not enough that we bought your game, its not enough that we pay for subbing (value packs)
    but you literally are screwing people over who genuinely like the game and are spending precious free time perusing it.
    I dont get it. MMORPG gear progression used to be a task that if you took the time to do it, or procure it. it was going to happen for you.
    But the idea that you take steps backwards when you want to go forward, its almost like ydgaf
    Aion did it first (for me) with their whole buy a key bs for that crate you got in game.
    AA did it with "oh you logged in, please hand us your CC, if you want to do anything besides walk around."
    and BDO has been doing it, with their moving into the shady business model and this is exactly why ive taken so many damn breaks; why are you punishing me for trying to get better?

When we open boxes, I've noticed that clumps of people will get the same item if they open it around the same time. this system is really bizarre.

Artorias_Dusk and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Biishope ☯

You misunderstood, i'm not enchanting my caphras stuff, but backup with no caphras. What a waste of money it would be if I was doing that.

10. hightech

Maybe you should take a break.
    You are playing since release and complaining about the fact that keept you playing for so long.
    Go for Blackstar, new content new goals.
    Pen is the last level to be achieve in bdo, why do you think it should not be painful to go there?
    BDO is doing pretty fine, lots of new content support like no other game and a MMO like no other.

11. Hawkes

thanks for your support, i really appreciate it XD

i dont know how old you are but, there was a time when gear progression =/= gambling in mmos

Ginrei likes this.
  12. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Those were also the type of games that comes with new gear every new expansion. In bdo we don’t have that. Unless u want new bossgear every other expansion? But that’s not what people want either right?
    Can’t have best of both worlds mate.
    Either keep your gear with gamble progression, or replace with new and throw away old.

Smileybones likes this.
  13. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

Have multiple sets of gear abuse them and progressively get some gains..

This is how I got my pens and lot of broken pri armors.

I spend all blackstone, memes and failstacks on spare items and sometimes get lucky. Save the highest stack for pen attempts

14. 2Cents

No matter how bizarre or unjust the system is if people fall for it, someone will build it. The shameful reality is many developers should be producing low quality mobile games because it simply works. These result in the best revenue for the those companies.

They are literally responding to effective ways to get consumers to spend.

The real problem is how many people are willing to dump money into these inferior products and shallow gimmicks.

Ginrei likes this.
  15. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

[​IMG]

Ben Phoenix, 2Cents and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Artorias_Dusk

Yeah I'm a guy with badluck, and my buddy is the opposite. He did quite a few Tet armors and weapons with 25-40fs...Tet Narc with 37. I never got a Tet below 80. Some failed 30times in a row.

17. Mimimimi

ask your calculator! there is a designated break-through point where it's worth going to tet (on a backup weapon) and build failstacks vs buying outfits for melting to crons. essentially every PEN is fuelled by somebodies costume purchases because otherwise crons are way more expensive. really PA, **** you. just wanted to say that :)

18. Lazesight

Based on bdo rng it don't matter if you got .1% chance or 20% chance of enhanceing as like with 20% chance you can fail a easy 10 times+ in a row.

19. Mimimimi

math, statistics? ¿Qué pasa

20. KampersOwnedYou

How do you even make 130+ fs ?
    Most I made was 112 and I just hit tet dande with that