1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some major things you'd like to see added/changed with Black Desert?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DafuqYouLookinAt, Apr 29, 2020.

1. MajorThor

Big brain answer right here.

KhaosThanathan, woots and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. Rushiera

he likes the game and doesnt like you ditching it

3. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

To be honest the game itself does a superior job at "ditching" itself than anyone of us could. If wasn't for the AFK playstyle it would have as many players as all the other low populated Korean MMOs. The only thing that keeps BDO from the same. Is the fact that you can slowly progress with the game in the tray while playing other games at the same time. I believe that is nothing to brag about in a game. Out of WoW, GW2, Eve Online, and ESO, NA BDO has by far the lowest active population. (I don't count AFK NPC-ish players as actives.)

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

VP is like an optional subscription and compared to other games, 15€ as a monthly sub is a pretty normal price, considering you still get full access to the game if you don't pay it.

5. NightGlider

LOL have you actually played any other MMORPGs that you can say things like this? NO, the value that you pay $15/month for other major MMORPGs IS NOT the same value for paying $15 for a SINGLE BUFF PACK. There is NO comparison.

Paying $15/mo in ESO will give you the FULL game + the craft packs without need any other "special" buff to enjoy the game to its full potential. Nor does it RIP PLAYERS OFF by charging them 30% tax on your own IN-GAME sale items ******** like BDO does.

In World of Warcraft also, you get the full game (EVERYTHING) paying the subscription. You don't need to buy anything "other" from the cash shop to get the full experience in World of Warcraft. Again you don't need some special ******** buff pack, etc..

Why doesn't BDO just offer a subscription model to those people who are willing to pay $15/month and give us ALL THE BUFF PACKS? I'm sure people would be willing to the $15/mo getting all the buff packs without having to spend $15 for some stupid SINGLE buff pack.

Don't even compare the value dude. They are nowhere close.

6. FuryRare

I would like to see a re-balance to open world guild wars, which could feature a scaling daily pay with a guild cool down of at least 1 day between declarations to prevent small guilds being created and greifing active guilds. Vice verser making larger guilds have to pay if they want to bully a smaller guild for long periods of time without a downtime period. I think this would help guilds that are being proactively greifed and bullied which is more commonly done by using small newly created pvp guilds. I think this could act as a deterrent to griefing guilds by preventing them declaring on guilds as it would require more funds to sustain but overall should be more positive than negative in my opinion. (Basically a price increase and maintenance to make the guild active to sustain the war would be a good start)

7. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

many goes to those places i grind hystria have to switch channels or duel many times there

#67 Dannyswe1235, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Considering that you can play the full game without a monthly fee, i think the 15€ for a vp are more than justified. If i compare it with eve online, then i pay 15€/month to get access to everything, but if i don't pay i get only very limited access (comparable to staying at lvl50 and max 400gs in bdo).

I'd much rather have the current version with an optional subscription that gives some nice extras than having to pay 15€ a month just to play the game.

9. NightGlider

Exactly. Isn't that what I was suggesting? That we should have an option to have that optional subscription model that give those extra buffs.

OR just make the cost of the value packs much cheaper, like $5. :)

10. Joungf

After open beta I was hoping that BDO would chose the supscription to finance the game and get rid of RNG in many areas of the game.
    But it seened that player in NA / EU are newer willing to pay a monthly (10 - 15 € / $) fee but instead love to pay hundreds of € / $ per mnth to progress.

11. NightGlider

lol well you can kiss those days goodbye cause with what's goin on in the world right now, people are losing jobs left and right and that money well is going to dry up fast.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Joungf

It was more than 4 years ago. Now BDO chosed to be free. But everything has its price. They still earn money because they have and still do add content and game mechanics that at least leads you to a point where you need to spend money to progress.
    The actual situation in the world sure is bad for any company and any person.

13. Vanic

The publishing company.

14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well...vp is already like that, so why would you want to change anything then? It is already an optional subscription that gives you those buffs.
    You're pretty cheap.
    Well, obviously many players here are cheap and want most of the stuff for free or at a very small price at most. The businessmodel was also voted on by players and they voted for b2p + cashshop...the only problem is that they added the f2p cashshop from kr here after some time but the game is still b2p.

Tbh, sub based games are not really future proof anymore, especially not when they are a new release without an already established playerbase. I remember in a survey about new player experience from eve online, one of the main reasons of players to quit after 1-2 weeks was the sub costs.

It's just not a businessmodel that will sustain new games.

15. Joungf

Business model is oriented on what the majority of the player want and like ....

16. Cascaden

Reliable Servers.

17. Kymaera

Mappers perma banned is my #1.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. Thereallexorn

STOP SCREWING OVER LIFE SKILLS LIKE GATHERING - Thanks

19. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It was at the start, at least up to the point where they introduced stuff like vp, costume melting, artisans and other p4c stuff.

20. Joungf

They know how to make money....