1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the ways around guild mission member count requirements?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jennifer Magus of Atriox, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Jennifer Magus of Atriox

From my experience, people don't actually do guild quests together. They speak up in guild chat, ask for one, then have it popped if an officer is on. Any and all guild missions can be completed by one player that is prepared to complete them, and its usually the more efficient way to do it. That is outside of areas with mobs you can't instantly kill which I don't believe shows up in many of the guild missions, if at all.

The mechanic doesn't require the members that are online to be active, they just have to be online. It is very annoying since the only reason this mechanic seems to be there, is to be there. For me, who's in a small guild, I'm not allowed to come into the game at off hours and just do a mission to help my guild out. Its a guild that needs all the help it can get from its members, so just looking for ways around the mechanic when the conditions can not be met.

Aelisah likes this.
  2. MADE

It's a single player game, why you expect people to work together?

Also nothing prevent players to complete them together... they are just greedy. (And by the way some can only completed together, ie: trading quests.)

SSIJ and Jinoro like this.
  3. Khondo

You really need at least 10 active players in a guild for it to work. Daily pay, etc.

Lots of people ask in server/world chat for afk players to join guilds. These are the best for number fodder.

4. Jennifer Magus of Atriox

Not sure trade quests are done anymore. I know I've never seen them accepted, ever. And I think the argument of consideration could be made for people choosing to solo the missions. Having a group of people that are the same stage of the game, always operating on the same hours, playing in the same area, being equally efficient, and having the same aspirations for their character is rare in my opinion. You come together when you need to, but not all the time and certainly not for every guild mission.

Its a long long list of activities in this game that people do alone. The massive multiplayer aspects of this game aren't really felt outside of pvp and world bosses imo.

5. Nelkuran

Seems there is no way around it. And the worst part is, there is no reason or need for it to be this way. Just more deliberately bad design for the sake of it.

6. SSIJ

1. Two or more people will disturb each other.
    2. Reward is too small to be shared.
    3. The whole system of guild quests is poorly constructed. Quests should be per person, not per guild, and without requiring 3 people online. I was in a guild where I had no chance to do a single quest because one officer could do 9-10 smh quests overnight. Can't advance activity so I left this guild.
    Even guild quest in this s. and poor game it's a competition between players.

#6 SSIJ, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  7. Spartakatz

You need 3 people online.
    While it wouldn't hurt anyone if you could do it also otherwise, someone probably didn't like the idea of 1-2 man guilds.
    The only way around is to buy 2 laptops and boot them up with twinks, and have yourself set as officer.

8. chendu

Except the fact that most grind-spot are already crowded with 3 player in them ...

I'm in a medium sized guild, basically the only one that wants to do quest and even like this Why would I take anything other than an x3 /x15 ? when that's the quest that pays the most for the guild and me and takes the lesser time ( count up to 7min)
    every other quest is a complete waste of time, We know it, They know it and they just don't know what to do about it to not "denature" their vision.
    it's not like there was already many post with numerous suggestion ( some being pretty detailed) by this point.

Luckily or not in 2 month you'll be able to take your grievance directly to PA

9. Jennifer Magus of Atriox

I stand corrected. Its the guild pay out and time spent finishing the mission that are driving what missions to take, including dropped items that the guild can use. It does give people silver, but it seems to be a really broken system across the board. The guild pays out a lot of silver to its players, so to make quotas there's no choice that some missions must be taken over others.

You 'have' to do the sea hunting missions because they pay 25m within 20min compared to a large gathering mission that pays 12m within 60min. You also have a limit of 10 missions a day.

The list is a lie. They give you a choice, but with some of those choices being vastly more optimal then the others. That's not a choice when a guild is a platform that supports players and needs to be at its best to do that well.