1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you all expect?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by kogason, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Arcticcz

This entire discussion turned into such a comedy xD

Wonder when battle between the two camps of BDO community will end AKA white knights vs. other people.
    MY guess is same day the Half-Life 3 will be released ┌( ಠ‿ಠ)┘

2. Hyppocritten

Funny enough, if u failed enchanting that evening, ending up with nothing to show for your grind, ur post would be soooooo different.

3. 6footgeeks

Why are people going for sea monster hunting rather than anything else? FYI im not Sea monster hunting. dont even have a boat yet, but i get why people would do it.

because its an activity without BDO's relentless and absolutely horrible RNG and allows the player to Circumvent RNG in other places as well

Really

i could grind crescents for crescent rings.... except i tried with max drop rate buffs and ended up with 140 shattered dreams before getting a ring out of them, and in the mean time leveled to 61 and got a grand total of 3 as a straight drop.

OR

i could sea monster hunt, probably generate 50 billion in the same time as it took me to get 61 on crescents, and then preorder 140 Rings no problem

Could gather 10 hours a day and get maybe IF im having a lucky day 30 ish hards and sharps.

OR

i could generate 2-4 billion through hunting and preorder/night vendor 300 hards and sharps no problem.

or perhaps i maybe grinded out 500 hards and sharps and 5000 memory fragments painstakingly, then i start enhancing, and end up with PRI of whatever i was doing and ofcourse lose all my mats, soul, sanity.

OR

i could maybe generate a 100 billion through sea monster hunting in that same time, Cron that gear, and EVEN IF I FAILED all those attempts because WOW MUCH GREAT RNG SYSTEM WITH NO FAILSAFES, In the end id STILL have my TRI/TET gear and just silver loss.

The back ground problem? ITS BDO's STUPIND ****ing RNG SYSTEMS WITH NO FAILSAFES IN THEM.

I Wouldnt even consider sea monster hunting IF

1. I Knew that instead of needing 100 shattered items for a accessory that cost 30- 40 mill, i could just sell shattered drops for 1mill/shattered and basically only need as many as the items MARKET cost.

2. Atleast DROPPED YONA STONES in places you would want to grind an accessory. useless ****ing system

3. Didnt have to deal with a 0.5% chance to drop soiled and then a further 1% to actually get the ****ing item from the soiled

4. Knew that even if i failed an enhance, i gained ATLEAST 1 percent chance to succeed next time and there was no CAP to this enhancement success rate, least not till atleast 60%

5. There existed MORE THAN 10 MOBS for high demand end game items like ogre ring

Hell EVEN IN PLACES BDO does WELL on providing failsafe mechanics to RNG THEY FAIL spectacularly on the followup

HEY GUYS. you can farm bosses and get Auras, need 100 for the item! OK you got one, now no matter you have 100 or 10000 auras, it wont do you any good, NON REPEATABLE QUEST MOTHA CRACKA.

So yeah. good on the sea hunters, take advantage of it while you can. Maybe PA will address the ridiculous RNG in the game, more likely they will Nerf sea monster hunting eventually rather than buffing less RNG and silver/mat gaining from gathering/grinding cuz they lazy like that.

enjoy all the PENs yall.

Fearless V and Irijia like this.
  4. Delolith

Delolith Kakita Ninja 62 EU

How is the game's RNG any kind of justification for SMH destroying the economy right now? RNG is RNG for everyone. This is how the game works. The game is not here for you to feel better about yourself...it is here to exist on its own terms/rules and since it is a progression game it has to have checkpoints.

If you EVER followed any kind of MMO there are complains that there is no content every 1 month after they release a new expansion. What they actually mean is that they cannot progress their gear anymore and are bored. It has rarely to do with new activities or areas to explore. Funnily enough BDO is largely free from such complains exactly because it has this insane progression system.

What you can do is actually reevaluate what game you decided to play and either enjoy/progress or change to something that fits your needs.

What I said and what you said is irrelevant with the actual fact that SMH is destroying game economy atm and has to be changed asap.

5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It's already being done...just from questline at all you get so much free money, you get gear good enough to decently grind mediah, you have one month olvia servers with mainly noobs like you where you can grow, you have new player rewards with free vp and so on...there is already so much done for new players.

6. BaldVulture

A new player can never catch up gearwise, the gap is far too great, as long as enhancement system remains as it is thew majority of new players will leave, as of right now a new player would need to grind for months streight just to have enough to buy boss gear... unless ofc they join a sea monster guild then thier GS will pop with those 4 bil payouts. game is unblanced and losing players have been loosing players for a while now, went from 3 server NA and 3 server EU being crowded and overrun almost 24/7 to 1 Na and 1 EU never going crowded.... so dont sit here thinking the enhancement system is fine when it cause more players to quit the game then any "P2W" item that was added on Marketplace...

Fearless V and Life2v like this.
  7. Delolith

You probably joined a game you did not understand in the first place. It is a hardcore vertical progression game in depth with heavy influence of RNG and close to horizontal progression per patch/expansion. So in other words you want to compete with people that took them over 2 years to reach a point on far far worse conditions than you atm, in less than half the time. Why? We are all equal against one thing in this life and this is time. Respect it even if it for your hobby.....

AZzalor likes this.
  8. BaldVulture

been playing since prelaunch, i know exactly what kind of game this is lol.. i was speaking for new players... i just can't believe how bumb you guys are. we're not entitle to anything. if you expect a new player to grind for 2 years to get to the point we are now, which by then all of the vets will be 2 years ahead that mentality means a new player will never become competitive... you think that's fair?

Life2v likes this.
  9. Delolith

Who asked for them to spend 2 years to be competitive? I know plenty of people that achieved soft cap playing hardcore though within 4-6 months they started without SMH....

10. BaldVulture

you realise that you cant be competitive against players at or above softcap if you're not... and i doubt anyone was able to get to softcap within 6 months and if they do its the exception not the majority

Life2v and Blackhearted like this.
  11. Delolith

Majority no. But there are quite a few I can think of. So if they can do it in 6 months people can do it in 12 months and that doesn't take them 8h per day if they play properly as in full efficiently.

12. 6footgeeks

13. 6footgeeks

true enough, you get **** loads of money being a new player at the start of the game. unfortunately, none of that matters with BDO's enhancing system. Mostly it just means new guy gets a false sense of the games economy when he starts, either loses all that money enhancing like most of us do, or buys some non-boss grinding gear

and then gets shock to what the game really is, as he has to face that enhancing RNG where fails mean you lose EVERYTHING and gain NOTHING along with the zero silver generation he has.

so he most likely quits after a month or 2

14. Corrus

I'm a Veteran player but I quit playing or even logging in some time ago (maybe three months or idk), so I don't expect anything anymore lol. This game is just so boring, after all this time, besides all the stuff they didn't fix yet. I mean If you're simple minded, you will still find your fun in doing the same stuff over and over.

15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

That is true, BUT bdo is not your average casual mmo.
    You have to spend a lot of time in it and you have to be prepared for frustration.
    I personally enjoy bdo the way it is exactly for those reasons.
    Yes, rng is rng and you can get super unlucky, BUT you will get lucky another time. If you don't get discouraged by failures, eventually you will succeed and grow.

New players CAN catch up pretty quickly IF they know how to do, so having a guild that can tell you how to be most efficient is the key to success for new players. Within one month you can easily be 450gs which is a very good base to start going for bossgear. Within 2-3 month (depending on your luck) you can be full tri bossgear which is entry level for pvp and you can start taking part in nodewars.

Most people compare bdo to games like WoW, but those games fundamentally are different.
    bdo is a lot more like EvE Online. It's a sandbox where the real endgame is what you want it to be.
    If you compare it to EvE Online, catching up is so ****ing easy in bdo.

16. 6footgeeks

Its funny you draw a comparison to EVE online, because BDO is horribly nothing like it. Infact i often WISH it was,

EVE- consistent grind with little RNG and where there is, exists with failsafes

BDO , RNG OVER RNG OVER RNG with no failsafes to create an artificial grind.

EVE online is a GRIND DONE RIGHT and serves to show how a game can be grindy without relying on over the top ridiculous progression denying mechanics

BDO is grind done WRONG with everything designed to systematically punish players, which in turn ofcourse people jump at the first chance to circumvent as many of those RNG mechanics as they can.

Life2v likes this.
  17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

EvE is so much more punishing than BDO.
    The grind in EvE is so much slower and imo more boring than BDO.
    Content in EvE is locked by YEARS of playing (and monthly paying), while in BDO you can have access to all conent within a few month.

18. 6footgeeks

EVE's grind is slower because the pace of the game is slower much slower and methodical, designed for excel sheet players rather than twich reflex players.

EVE's grind is consistently rewarding even for failures. You succeed, you win big, you fail, you still gain something to show for your efforts.

EVE is more P2W than BDO, true. however its P2W that everyone can get into. even the regular player fan actually earn some real money in EVE which is an awesome and interesting economy, given that even i have earned some cash through it with my casual lifestyle.

EVE's content literally spans a whole universe released over the span of YEARS that is available to spend time in for YEARS to come., BDO is what, 4 locations beyond the starter zones, 1 not even released for NA/EU?

getting to a competitive level in EVE is a matter of nolifing for a few months, P2Winning and joining the right corp that will aid you in the prospect, because it actually can do that. The fact that EVE takes YEARS to get competitive is pretty much a meme, all it takes is a few months of nolifing, the right people, and cash. Cash being the worst of it, but it works for EVE quite well.

BaldVulture and Life2v like this.
  19. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If you fail it's still rewarding what?
    If you fail, when you're lucky you only lost the security money put for missions, if you actually fail hard you lose your ship and the equipment of it.
    EvE is very punishing for mistakes you do and doesn't reward you for anything. You don't get any free stuff in EvE.

20. Krakh

you don't think as a new player, because you're not a new player =)

new players have no idea what the vp even do or how to maximize its effect xd