1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do with mythril

Discussion in 'Gathering & Crafting' started by Aoibinn, May 23, 2019.

1. Aoibinn

I tend to wander around a lot, mining. I have accrued about 10k mythril. I see on the market it goes for 40k each. A lot of people appear to be buying.

What else can be done with mythril that makes more fiscal sense than simply selling the ore? ie, crafting.

Solitaire likes this.
  2. runbat

runbat 1

Solitaire likes this.
  3. Aoibinn

that box sells for 25k, takes 10 mythril. Even with distance and desert buff. just selling the ore gets 4 million, less market tax. :(

4. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

I process mythril into ingots then make the ingot crates in Grana, sell in Valencia with desert trade buff.

Solitaire and Wodur like this.
  5. Wodur

What he said.

Solitaire likes this.
  6. Aoibinn

ok, my math is not making sense on this.

If I process 500 mythril, I get 60 ingots. That equals about 4,644,00, 6 crates sold through with desert buff, etc.

If I simply sell the ore at 40k a pop, that equals 20,000,000, minus whatever market tax is, I do have the pack running.

So I am missing something here. If someone could advise me.

This is how I am doing it for the 12 ingots per 100 mythril:

processing costume, level 3, 22% success rate
    lifestone bonus, 11%
    couscous for extra 5% success rate
    Vedure draught for extra 20% success rate. I use this on the shards in combination with the other three. I only use the first 3 while processing the initial ore.

That is it.

What else can I add to this to get a higher return?

7. Wodur

You have to add your processing level into account, above artisan you get better procs and for profit in the end, your trade level adds to the bargaining.

Solitaire likes this.
  8. Aoibinn

ok, I am artisan 14 processing. Artisan 2 trading. I am just getting around on the trading stuff. It seems like a really huge gap between to make a difference on, the market price per ore and the crates.

Thanks very much for your response.

Solitaire and Wodur like this.
  9. Suawoy

10. Wodur

Solitaire and Aoibinn like this.
  11. Vercinorix

Solitaire and Aoibinn like this.
  12. Aoibinn

13. magret

they lowered the requirement for being able to use the desert buff a while ago, but didn't change the prices. You're right, crates wont be that good until late Master levels. At Master 8 it's still so-so for me and that with mats selling cheaper on the new market than they did, though I made a lvl 49 char for transport, and with 0 PK risk factor, it's a comfortable and reliable way to sell mats generally speaking. Though i'm mostly waiting for processing mastery to go back at it. For over a year :S

In your case, just keep the mithril somewhere for later levels or sell it to people who can actually make a better margin.

If you are interested in levelling trading seriously on the long term, you may wanna look at a peridot wagon and normal trade goods until master levels... the revenue from horse levelling with this activity is nothing to spit at either.

Crafting the peridot wagon is a big goal by itself, keeps you busy for a good month, then with averagely enchanted accessories you can transport about 2000LT of trade goods over 22 slots or so, that become quick some real money just going trade post to trade post, and if you wanna semi afk longer, imperial trading is still good too.

14. Khay_man

That new horse set is the reason for this huge price difference between crates and raw mats? hmmm Even at master 15 you are taking over a 6million loss per crate vs raw mats.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So ya people saying that you need to wait until later Trade levels to turn a profit on this vs selling raw mats can't do math, because even guru 30 trade won't be able to make up the 6mill difference.

After processing Artisan 2-5(I forget exactly), you are basically max proc rate for extra chance at additional results per process. I'm guru 18 processor, master 15 trader, and your results are very similar to mine.

The gear, lifestone, food buffs are all about lowering time spent processing and have no effect on giving extra mats per process.

So many of these replies are from people who know very little about processing or trading. The only helpful reply was the one about the new horse gear set, the rest can be safely ignored.

Attached Files:

#14 Khay_man, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  15. magret

market prices change, and they'll adjust to what is balanced between people who sell because they don't do margin and people who buy because they can do one.

It pikes with the set now, because people don't compare with the crate value, but unless everybody is guru 20 trading now (which cant happen because new players and players quiting are a thing) prices will go down eventually. Time is a variable too. You reason like prices are fixed and also were the same back when OP posted, and the same on EU and NA. Which they aren't.

today on EU
    mythrilprices.png

If you wanna sell everything now on your server, fine, but if the question for someone which is interested in levelling trading and gather mithril on a regular basis is how to do it on the long term, answers stand. Do not sell mithril crates or any worthy crate actually at Artisan 2. Keep them for later.

Of course, check opportunity prices on the market before using up your mats. But then again, you don't poop 7000 crates overnight, so you don't have the equivalent quantity of raw/refined mats to sell when prices pike for whatever short term reason.

16. Blackstag

this

Aoibinn likes this.
  17. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

While those prices are alot better, its still 3.2m per crate that sell for less than 1m
    Clearly the Mythril price is not connected to trade crate value.

New horse set sounds like a good reason, but why were the prices so high 1+year ago?
    Mythril have always been a high value mineral, with barely any usecase (Manos Necklace).
    Price have been due to extremely low supply, even the new horse set just 10-11x as much as Manos Necklace.

Repairing the horse set with another piece is just plain stupid, 30 aura = 24m (80m after tax for dandelion) or 2.4m per durability + everything else used. While even just TRI necklace is expected to use 30-40 base necklaces and about 3-4x that many for a TET.
    It dont matter that its bad AP as long as its the best item ingame for grab resist, the only CC that bypass block/SA

18. LucidKill

Anyone care to share some good Mithril gathering spots? PM me, please. Thanks in advance!

19. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Don't exist, you getting Myrhril from cooking dailies or from gathering sand stone near Arehaza at very low rate

20. LucidKill

They do exist. I have found a few. Just wanting a little secret help. Thanks though.