1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you miss in BDO ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by [496]SwordBreaker, Apr 26, 2018.

1. [496]SwordBreaker

Well Im burnt out on this game again after 5 days but I try to keep it up here in the forums and I was thinking what in BDO do you miss that maybe other mmo´s have ? For me it would be gear progression I mean every time you get new gear at certain level you gear becomes more and more bad ass.

Also I was thinking I kinda miss level cap to be honest like in all other mmos you have a level cap lets say 65 then they add this new big expansion like when BDO got does new land parts the cap goes from 65 to 75 and so on. in away it feels much better with a level like hit that level cap then while waiting you can do raids or pvp and don´t have to worry about trying to get 10% each day and hope to get to level 62 in next to month.

2. Dalenos

Vindictus has far superior outfits and pve only instance server with be nice that's it. PA had go outfits at that beginning but now some of the outfits are lazy designs in my opinion anyways.

Fearless V likes this.
  3. alastersan

Dungeons ala everquest 1

Thanak likes this.
  4. Zephyrsong

Everything you said you missed are the reasons I play BDO instead of a "wow" or similar type MMO.

Doom Smack, AZzalor and Thanak like this.
  5. Thanak

Different preference for different people... the long level without cap is exactly what I like most about BDO. In most western mmorpg, level is basicly a meaningless stats. You have a cap that everyone hit in a few days and rince and repeat at every expension to flush everyone's progress.

In BDO there is a difference between a main character that someone has put hundreds of hours over the year to build and a flavour of the month 10th reroll... that's a good thing.

#5 Thanak, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Columba likes this.
  6. RickRage

7. Cosmic Soul

I think the issue is they focused to much on the bodies in this game male and female, with the way the models look maybe the costumes are a bit harder to design personally id rather see different outfits and armors, gw2 really has every mmo in the cosmetics beat though bdo certainly isnt bad just a bit pricey.

8. woots

What do i miss in BDO.

TL;DR : I do miss a decent gamedesigner to take care of the game.

- content where i can have control over it ( and not always RNG )
    - pve content ( anything else aside from copy pasted grind spot all the over BDO game world )
    - pve content
    - pve content
    - pve challenge ( most unchallenging AI ever )
    - meaningfull CC usage
    - active CC break ( not freaking rng )
    - I miss pvp, and real pvp, not that gear2-RNG-HPpotSpam ""pvp"" win.

Alexandrious likes this.
  9. Cgunz

10. Cosmic Soul

Interesting main story quests, dungeons, group content while leveling with a reason to do it?

11. Redarion

BDO needs some type of dungeon content to satisfy everyone. Even if the dungeons are simple Savage Rift clones with allowed class weapons, the game would be unbeatable.

12. [496]SwordBreaker

Yeah as you said Different preference for different people. But I don´t feel like oh I spent 1000h in BDO and all I got is level 65 and 3 tet items it´s like congratz you spent hours getting almost nowhere while having a cap is like okey now im max level now I can focus getting legendary gear or doing dungon raids and pvp with out having to grind 12h a day for a few % exp that does not give you anything anyway. So in away we do have a level cap but it is disguised as grind that makes it slower to level up.

13. Vmendez

i dont know all i do in BDO is processing waiting for my worker item to build up to sale it and Camp the MP for better gear since is the only way to get good gear in BDO

14. Coeprandua

Not so long ago, you would've been flamed to death and told to go back to WoW for this post. But the ship is sinking and, as we all know, it's always the whiteknighting fanboys that betray it fastest. Only genuine fans remain, still hoping that PA would wake up one day.

15. Columba

faction based pvp

Alexandrious and Pye like this.
  16. Coeprandua

P2w vs. RNG-carried vs. Nolife.

17. OceanPerson

The only thing i miss from other MMO's is a class designed for healing

Ohh and it not being a faction V faction game

Columba likes this.
  18. Alicia Dominica

What I miss:
    • Challenging PvE content (dungeons, raids, personal achievements, etc.)
    • PvP progression (rewards, ladders, etc.)
    • Reasonable level/gear-caps (time-investment vs. skill)
    • Daily buffs and diminishing returns (working-class vs. no-lifer)
    • Skill-based gameplay as a whole
    • Developer catering to the players actually spending money on the game
    If it wasn't for life-skills...

Fearless V and Seilla like this.
  19. Navien

I miss:

• Meaningful harpoon fishing
    I'm serious this needs some serious overhaul now.
    • Treasure hunting/meaningful exploration.
    There is one quest in Velia that introduces us to finding secret, hidden places. Ever wondered what all these secret caves and tunnel systems were for? Exactly. I wonder too. They dropped on the idea to give them some purpose obviously. Shame. Serendia, Balenos, Calpheon and Mediah are dotted with caves with nothing inside. Apart from maybe some decorations and destroyable chests. I wish they expanded this idea. Getting a letter in a bottle that leads to treasure is nice or finding some random gold chest, but there is plenty of room to improve this area. Exploration and finding hidden spots is fun for a lot of folks!

• More content based craftable costumes.
    Each region has it's unique vibe and feel. It introduces new costumes, but as we see most of new BDO costumes revolve around cash shop. Despite we were given tailor coupon they don't give us many options to pick design we like outside of cash shop. No matter if it's some valencian rich trader clothes, serendian commoner dress or kamasilvian elven garb, etc.

• More lore based costumes.
    This one really needs some additional explanation? There is quite a few really good lore based costumes to buy, but lot of recent costumes were obviously very hastily done. Unfinished with "lazy design". Recent news about PA getting ex Vindictus costume designer Beom Kim might change it. Fingers crossed! Because giving us additional variety on lore based costumes is never bad idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (images taken from www.invenglobal.com)

Tvvin, Moraea and [496]SwordBreaker like this.
  20. afilakovic689