1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want in Youtube content?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Icon-Army, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Icon-Army

I am starting my dream of becoming a content creator! I will start small The game I am starting with is Black Desert. I have been playing since the second year of it's existence. So I am not a new player so it might be difficult to do new player content. But I would try if thats what people want. But what do you want to see in a content creator that you don't see a lot of? What are you looking for in videos?

Any suggestions would be lovely. Thanks for your tips!

Stabby and Aelisah like this.
  2. MalTails

MalTails MaleficTails Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

Best of luck and success. I'd say just keep positive and smiley. ^_^

Icon-Army and Andaro like this.
  3. Aelisah

I would like to see a content creator that would take us allong with his journey to something - make short, attentioncaptivated episodes of how he/she's trying to reach a certain goal and engage with their public. For ex. with every video you do something that someone suggested to do - like silly things or requests - while reaching the goal and have humorous commentary to it, Like 5-10 minutes episodes every time not too long or filling.
    Or someone who puts silly things of BDO to light. Generally entertaining videos.

What I personally think is boring - is the endless enhance videos (unless its something not 'that' common like pen accessories or pen gears and billions to spending on it) or the guides with only speech in it and no text. Or how one is just going from a - b without much interaction.
    But that's just me.

Most important is you do what you feel most passionate about sharing with a public :)
    Goodluck out there! And when you got something going post it in the media channel and I'll go check it out :D

A youtuber I enjoyed but he quit was PoppinSoul :D He was so random lol.

Ascaeldor, Amirite and Icon-Army like this.
  4. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

60 fps remastered graphics - is a must have
    Also do what u like.

#4 DheReaper, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  5. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

to be a content creator, we first need content.
    so far everything has been done already. and since even events are getting recycled, well...
    you might aswell just livestream and get yourself an audience that way.

6. Andaro

Ambassador

BDO having such a large role-playing community, I have always wanted to see some "movie remakes" done in BDO fashion...but that is a difficult content to create, and kudos to our content creators out there. Your amazing works help drive inspiration!

Aelisah and Amirite like this.
  7. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Mandatory cats and boobs.

-Other than that most channels focus on money making guides and spot reviews.
    -A gap that exists is lifeskill guides from a fremium perspective.
    LIke alchemy for example without pearl items etc.
    Another thing, that personally triggers me a lot, is the claim that cooking is the best way to get cp.
    Meanwhile doing all the quest lines up to valencia1 is far more profitable both for cp and for rulupee adventure log progress than afking 24/7 for some shitty by products.Works great up to 300-320cp. After that cp gains are mostly from kama and drieghan lines.
    -Active and semi afk trading routes in valencia and kama
    -Gathering profits without hedgehog at various gathering levels (like pro1, arti1, master1 because the dura and energy reduction add up a lot)

Icon-Army likes this.
  8. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

As long as you pretend to be a girl things should work out just fine.

Venour and Icon-Army like this.
  9. Knisheffy

Bdo is terrible for video content everything takes too long to keep pumping out videos at reasonable pace.

One of the most enjoyable ones for me are the progression videos but all they have in comon is that its usually like 1 video per month or even more and they all end at around 270ap because at that point u basically put 100-200hours for 1min video clip.

Something i would like to see more of are proper research videos about mid maxing stats and what do they actually mean. For example to this day no one really knows how pvp attack addons work the basic assumption is that they increase damage but by how much and in what way is unknown to the most ppl.

10. Amirite

What Aelisah and Andero said sounds like fun and maybe some mysteries things, riddles to create some attention to the crowd :D

If you need some dramatic cinematic music or some fun music or whatever you could use for the video, then I do produce music for all kinds and gerne.

11. Aelisah

Ahhhh Im waiting for his next episode too :D

Back with one of my first MMO I played "Flyff"- I was a HUGE fan of the series Pudding and TheGreatestEver.
    I remember waiting and watching every episode with my brother xDDD It was so corny but funny. They even made an official remake later on.

12. cloj

Step 1: Make YouTube account.
    Step 2: Eat Banana, roll some barrels around
    Step 3: Ook ook ook content ook
    Step 4: Profit

Icon-Army likes this.
  13. Stillwaters

For me the best videos have been where someone uses rare knowledge/mechanics with hilarious results.

For example in archeage Cean found a rare staff that made thunderstorms happen over head,and he went to a place with an illegal farm that was about to change growth stages and set it off a couple times. People were zerging the areas thinking they found a thunderstruck tree.

Or he glitched a guy on trial onto his farm cart and kidnapped him right out of court.

To me these things are gold in a video.

14. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Make a series to complete every single quest ingame till you reach 30.000

15. Auxey

Short newbie guides would be great. No "HEEEEEY IT'S YA BOI XYZ PLS SUBSCRIBE" ****, no 30 minute videos to explain the most basic machenics that can be explained in 30 seconds. Maybe also videos on how every class plays at gahaz or something (not high end spots) so newbs can decide which one to pick based on gameplay with gear that's realistic for newbies to get.
    Also keeping those things updated would be huge. When I was new there were too many outdated guides.

Aelisah and Icon-Army like this.