1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What feels like infinite mindless grinding is not Entertaining

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SA1NT, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa 58 EU

Great have fun.

No matter what I say you just gave me a checkmate, because I am wrong and waisting my life?
    Waisting my life with what?
    That I am not spending my time sitting alone in my room alongside a pc, and doing 24/7 nothing meaningful in my life for years just playing a game in a virtual world?
    And that is why am I miserable???

:D :D :D

#81 Vyky, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. Nyhver

That isn't checkmate at all. You made a classical atheist philosophical claim that's probably impossible to ever know, therefor your claim doesn't make sense.. There's little to no evidence to substantiate such a thing.

3. Izuizu

TBH, I don't mind grinding in mmorpg, it's a fun alternative in game if I get bored with PvP. But the problem with the grinding in BDO is that the mobs are way too easy. I wish they add more elite/tough mobs to the grind. (Fighting ogres at lvl45 with 120GS is really exciting at times xD, but there are too few of them)

I grind a lot in the early days of Aion/Tera, and it was fun to solo Elites/BAMs, and in those games you wanna avoid aggro more than one mob. But in BDO you wanna aggro as much as you can lol, I guess it's just BDO's style of grinding, but it gets boring really fast...I mean I can't grind here for more than 30min without watching TV or put my attention elsewhere while I still faceroll my keyboard.

It will be really cool if they add more elite type mobs and instances that involves team work.

4. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 61 EU

Just tell me one thing that's meaningfull, come on i dare you, i doble dare you.

Well you see, that was the whole point dear, theres no evidence to sustain my claim but there isnt either any evidence to sustain any other claims anyways so its just pointless to argue about "wasting life", stop bringing that out. Playing videogames is objectively, from what we can tell, just as valid/invalid as suicide, eating children or having the status quo life with an stable job a nice family and all that crap.

5. tallywacker

the games fine

youre just playing the wrong game

id suggest wow or barbies island adventure

6. Nyhver

No, that's not what it means. You didn't mull over these thoughts properly. You also didn't lead with saying "we don't know" you asserted "it's meaningless" which is not the same thing. If you meant that, it'd help for clarity if you went back and edited it if you haven't already.

7. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa 58 EU

Life is.
    Your wasted time will not be returned.

8. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 61 EU

I wont edit it, the idea was always to say it with the same conviction as someone would say anything else had meaning with the hope that when they were about to refute my statement they would realise it was pointless to talk about it cos their own arguments fight their own statements and thus the check mate.
    Ehm.. thats damn complex but just give it some pondering.

A cell is considered alive but even a cell is something hard to define and if you try to go to the limit of it we could be talking just about a bunch of atoms interacting in a complex way with X or Y characteristics but welp (heck we could even define "alive" some kind of weird part of a mineralization process) so pretty much life is just a small and quite nasty and poor taxon of a classification of reality (alive or not alive) we made up for simplification of most common conversations.

Giving value or meaning to a part of reality just because it falls into that category we made up for easier comunication feels a bit off, doesnt it?
    You could ofc give "meaning" or "trascendence" to everything you want, but the important part is that "giving" does not (or better said, doesnt have to) mean it has.

I mean, i could say potatos are the only thing that actually has an objective value but then.. what the heck a potato is after all? Are all potatos meaningfull? are we even understanding the same when we talk about potatos? how big has to be the genetical diference from the ideal potato genome to not be considered potato? or is it just a phenotypical thing?

And now,on the other even more complex topic, how do you even know time is not gonna be returned? How do you even know time is "passing"? i mean.. welp.

Anyways this is just for the sake of keeping the topic offtopic.

9. Nyhver

Not really. You need to give it more thought, these basic concepts don't mean the conclusion you give it.

10. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 61 EU

Cmon, i just lead people to the door of nihilism. You for example were just right there... you called it.. let me check
    that, right there is the door to nihilism, you just had to do an extra step that i though was an obvious or simply a natural one:

-There's little to no evidence to substantiate such a thing!
    -Oh wait.. actually.. theres little to no evidence to substantiate the opposite or anything related to it so.. ok, w/e. There be light!

#90 Otrsor, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  11. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa 58 EU

The next morning when you woke up, somebody told you that he/she can give back the past day to you?
    Life is so simple that you cannot understand with this overcomplicated thinking on this primitive language that we call english. These uncertain philosophical doctrines have only one job to do, mix up your mind and make you blind. You are just circling around one point all the time with your questions, but the skepticism never could reach anything, never could give answers. If you are not sure anything in your life, why do you even exist?

I am sure in one thing. You could keep continue this conversation all day long, but you have a job to do, do not you remember? You have to do only one thing, just login every day, make another billion, reach that 62 fast, and stay in game. Because from your point of view, only the game is meaningful everything else is just a philosophical dementia in your life.

I hope you can find your answers fast, before your "time" is up and your "life" is over.

Cya!

Joungf likes this.
  12. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 61 EU

@Vyky You telling me that not looking for answers is better than not finding them, im telling you that both outcomes are pretty much equal and that it just isnt the point.

Again, what? Life is so simple? What do you mean with life? Try with another simpler language if you may.
    Again, that's not my pov, my pov is that the "meaning of life" has nothing to do with the time needed to grind for level (or, if it has, we cannot exlpain/know neither prove it completly so it's still something to put aside).

The balance of the game has a purpose tho: make the game fun and enjoyable for most/whales so it stays profitable, and this is what should be the point of this thread. All i wanted was to point this out without doing it like this, explicitly, just for the fun of it.

Also:
    Wut?
    [​IMG]

#92 Otrsor, Nov 12, 2017
  13. SA1NT

So you can't justify it either. And by the way. Yes, there are absolutes. Relitivism is a self defeating view. I'm asserting that how it is right now is morally unjustifiable. That is an objective truth claim. It's rooted in the object (grinding), not the subject (player). ie: My feeling or desires can't change whether that's true or not, no matter how sincere I am. I can choose to ignore it, but that doesn't make it untrue or change it in any way.
    You're mistaken however, I'm not comparing my time. Everybody's time is equally valuable regardless of how you personally feel. Yes you have the freedom of how you want to spend it (mindless level grinding in BDO) BUT, can you justify it? No sir. That's a separate issue. You are correct that the competition is't far superior and this game still has value in other places especially when you can login for free. I will give you that. :)

#93 SA1NT, Nov 12, 2017
  14. Eynix

if your pay was raised by 33%, I think your boss would find that dramatic.

15. Nyhver

You draw a conclusion which isn't very rational, again... what you say doesn't match what you think it does. In concept you keep pointing to 1+1 being 3 when that's not the conclusion you draw, but you keep insisting it is.

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 57 NA

Except your boss doesn't pay you every 100k month.