1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the scheduled interview 28.10?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MoZex, Oct 29, 2018.

1. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Flow of information, especiall two-way, regarding old hot topics may often tend to go unanswered - so when it was announced that on the last day of bdo twitchcon (even the dancer aionjanis announced it several times!) we would get a special interview with a 'higher up' person from PA, eyebrows and hope were re-lit.

But it never happened.. why? Was there an explenation? Arena system when? Global launch of archer hmm? State of class balance and/or future updates beyond the standard grinding sim we have?

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  2. arcturus

Contrast that to the CEO and devs of ashes of creation who are actually playing on the alphas and listening and responding to the players.
    they even introduced a f ortnite /firestorm mode coded and implemented in 5 days !!
    Wake up PA

Tvvin and MoZex like this.
  3. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Perhaps a community manager could shed some light?

Tvvin and Mana_Mafia like this.
  4. Renu

Canceled as scheduled!

GamePois0n, Tvvin, AllanJr and 2 others like this.
  5. Netreiam

Announced by official channels? Do we have a link? Did they give a time?

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if PA/Kakao told other people they “might” do an interview and then probably realized how they would be blasted with **** they couldn’t get away with if it wasn’t scripted with pointless questions like dev dairy/letter from across the world posts and decided to throw their “partners” under the bus.

I expect them to at most create a pre-recorded scripted interview with fake questions as a diversion

At the least they do nothing as they have with the obviously bad class balancing.

Thelemna likes this.
  6. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

It was in their stream description. AionJanis still has the unedited version listed:
    [​IMG]
    The interview was at some point then changed to First Time Player playthrough (or however it was called).

7. Netreiam

Not sure if I’m surprised they made the announcement themselves or unsurprised they tried to sweep it under the rug instead of announcing it canceled for any real reason (correct me if I am wrong)

Then again it was probably going to be scripted drivel like “what do you think new players like about the game?”, “what’s your favorite thing about dregien?”, “what’s your favorite color?”, etc.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

True, their game is still really bad, even compared to bdo...sadly. I wish it was good, but alone the fact that they introduce a battle royal mode in that game makes me not get it.

9. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Your start of the post is as inaccurate as its ending. They made the BR mode purely for testing data, its original intent is not to keep it for final release (and even if they did, so what, just another alternative content to make a game richer to a larger audience). And frankly all its systems are the better picks of all mmos out there, it is even gorgeous looking.

10. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Is this a shitpost? A major feature like that being coded and implemented in 5 days is a whole lot of spaghetti code. As for the whole CEO listening crap: he's built a career on pretending to listen to people and manipulating them into spreading word of his company/product. It's how he became rich enough to start this project to begin with!

Is that why the combat looks like a significantly worse version of Warframe's melee system? Or why their environments look really bland?

AZzalor likes this.
  11. ALO

ALO

Many ppl asked that question on the stream, but still no answer like all things here ...

12. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Isyllt and Tvvin like this.
  13. ALO

ALO

You need 500 likes so you may get some response ...

14. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

*crickets*

The simple answer, they didn't have **** to say lol.

15. TeRRoRibleOne

I remember when PM Cool used to watch sieges on NA to see how the mechanics were working.... The new siege mechanics suck just as a fyi. The respawning in the castle if you take out a gate is just dumb, you auto-lose if that happens.

16. Vanadiel

I am going to take a wild guess, but I think language barrier might have been an issue so they cancelled rather than trying to struggle and not get the information across.

17. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

how hard is it for a billion dollar company to use google translate or hire a translator?

Blackhearted and Yiersan123 like this.
  18. Flood

Flood Musa 61 NA

The sad part is we have a direct line to the people involved. It's not some Pearl Abyss developer that they have to go through a translator for or simply won't get told if they asked. They're our CMs, GMs, and our PM. We are asking why we didn't get our exposure to them and they don't respond as to why. Better yet, they didn't even acknowledge that the schedule had changed without an announcement.

The only scenario I can think of is PA pulled the interview and they don't want to come out and say that. I hate to say there's no excuse but it's a little jawdropping when our publisher can't even communicate properly with the people that are excited to hear from them.

MoZex likes this.
  19. Netreiam

MoZex likes this.
  20. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

because they dont want people talking poop in front of 3k viewers