1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is going on with Witch/Wizard?

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by 2Cents, May 10, 2019.

1. 2Cents

For those that don't know this needs more attention and assistance from Kakao's Staff along with data from other classes.

Issue: Higher end PVP & PVE content does not scale in awakening due to the flows being limited to (50/80) AP?

Required: This is a technical issue that would be better addressed with an official response. Data from players is has been inconsistent. I thought this was addressed months ago when these classes got burned for weeks with extremely low damage. Was this corrected to scale with AP? Is it capped at 50 or 80?

Recommended: If anyone could provide data sheets on PVE results that would be helpful. This is in regards to tankier areas such as Manshum/Crescents special area/Aakman/Hystria. Comparisons in Loot/HR from various classes.

CM/Kakao: It would be very helpful for the community to have built in tools to display Exp/hr silver/hr. Streamers have taken it upon themselves to record and post some of these. However, a player being able to post a screen shot of an official loot table would be superior and better for everyone.

Who does this affect: Is this issue limited to Witch/Wizard?

Rena and ArcFeyre like this.
  2. Kargor

The flows are not limited to 80 AP. Flow damage is your basic sheet AP damage without any AP brackets bonus + some constant (80 AP in your example). As for data the test server is your friend (well not without a proper DPS meter).

But to be honest it would not surprise me if the whole stuff is bugged. IIRC the damage of your lava/toxic pit is not even shown on the test server.

3. 2Cents

This is why @CM Goodvibesguy or some other Kakao staff needs to address this issue.

People are saying completely contradictory things about it on many occasions. I would prefer an official response that is backed by proper evidence and investigation.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

pets have FIXED bonus and its less than 80 ap(that was renown value) after renown removal.
    if u compare it to wildly rising ap bonuses from brackets its obvious they lose alot of power more gear u have as their bonus is FIXED while player originating dmg gets more bonuses from ap brackets.

[​IMG]

pets were permanently stuck little below 257 AP bracket bonuswise in renown era. now (after renown) its speculated 30 ap less. meaning now our flows are permanently stuck to something even below 249 ap bracket bonus. as pet flows are big part of our awakening kit and should be good part of our damage, is it fair that their efficiency is crap the more gear u get? especially on more tanky targets which negate good part of their dmg simply via having high dr values (both players and mobs).

also, further increasing the issue of pve balance, recently all classes got extra aggro values (they can pull more mobs). while we might pull more due to pets and summoned objects, the more we pull, damage gets affected by splitting over multiple mobs. so we cant really use our AoEs to overcome or to catch up to other classes as efficiently as people seem to believe. so yea, paired with our nonscaling pets and low mobility on top, together with clunky slow spells (makes difference in maintaining special damage modifiers) and BAD skill addon values/distribution compared to other classes, we are really FUBARED in farming efficiency.

#4 WhySoSeeryus, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Stillwaters likes this.
  5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

275ap wiz in the new underwater place.

Its actually retarded that this class has become so garbage outside of being a PA/healbot in siege. Complete trash and everyone should be demanding the class looked at. You can see in the video that like half his hits dont even land, at least thats what it looks like.

Just a few videos to illustrate the insane disparity between witch/wizard compared to well pretty much every single class out there. I am sure I could find more classes if I search harder but would probably be all about the same as teh vids below.

Wizard lul:

Valk: 261 ap btw pulls more trash per hour that 280 ap classes. lel.

Mystic:

Tamer:

I will take my 280 ap kutum witch there on test server just to further prove the point. Something is wrong with the classes. They are either missing, or scaling is well not scaling.

#5 Lemon Crush, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Ainzell and Bob2009 like this.
  6. 2Cents

This information seems detrimental to playing these classes. Even absurdly more important than something like RBF. I would suggest @CM Goodvibesguy start making statements like the following:

We are aware of this situation as it has been brought to our attention. We will investigate it fully until we have resolved the issue and have a concrete answer to whether it's true and what course of action we will take in that case. We fully recognize the severity of an issue like this and will make it a top priority.

And I don't mean just talking about it, I mean actually getting real answers and following up with feedback each step of the way.

If the information in these posts is accurate this is a major hindrance to a lot of customers and is a completely dishonest thing to allow knowing how important both PVE and PVP is. In addition this may leave these classes vulnerable to harassment by other players, griefing, and not being able to take advantage of the Arsha bonus.

This is a serious issue and it should be treated as such.

@CM Servantes @CM Richter @CM Avalace @CM Kabz @CM Praballo @CM Yukimura @CM Goodvibesguy

This is a serious issue that has been going on for a long time. Pearl Abyss left these classes crippled for weeks in the past for a very similar if not identical issue that was proven. Why is the communication so poor on such a potentially game breaking issue?

These forums are highly moderated and this is a critical issue. There does not appear to even be confirmation from official sources on this. About whether it's recognized, whether something is being done, if feedback is being sent to PA, or if it's even accurate. This seems a questionable bug report as well due to the fact it's not even verified and very difficult to prove.

#6 2Cents, May 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
  7. Blitzball

Why you absolutly want to grind at Sycraia Abyssal Ruins ? Half of the classes can not grind here, because mobs have too much HP.

You can make decent money at Manshaums & Aakman. + payouts from siege guilds

8. Lemon Crush

It's like that with any of the high end grind spots not just the new place... 6.6k in Walkman isnt amazing either when classes are pulling thousands more trash loot.

Example 265 ap kutum.... 9k trash loot lol it's not even comparable. Less ap and significantly more silver per hour.

9. Noixi

Yawwwwwnnnnnn…

~smack~ ~smack~,, yaaawwwnnnnn…

Sorry I'm late to the thread.
    Did some one say DISPARITY?

10. Mattys

Well they don't care about the class, they want us to be heal/pa/cc bots only for other people so the other classes can have fun.
    We need to get rid of the group buff skills and make those solo skills and buff em, also lava/toxic field absolute joke and also wizard's grab + chilling wawe. That's total nonsense, I don't have that much experience on witch so I can say much about those skills.

Stillwaters likes this.
  11. Blitzball

Make all Witchards skills as fast as the new Voltaic Pulse but delete PA.

I'm fine with this :)

VardaSkaya likes this.
  12. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

Ok but keep on mind:
    Some of us chosen that class specifically because of heal/support abilities.

13. Lemon Crush

Minority. There is not enough group content in this game to justify a class like that. Not enough hard content.

Stillwaters likes this.
  14. 2Cents

I would agree with Protected Area as not only is it obviously game breaking in Sieges, but it's used as an excuse to keep Witches bottom tier in 1v1. That is simply not acceptable in a open world PVP environment.

This scaling damage isn't a balance issue, it's defective/broken game design. This thread was touched by Kakao's staff at least twice. It was moved and 2 of my posts where merged. So they are aware of it, yet not a single Kakao Employee has stood up to even acknowledge they are looking into this game breaking issue.

This will be another stain on Kakao's reputation after they try to claim later they are doing everything they can verbiage.

While it's ultimately Pearl Abyss's responsibility to code this correctly, Kakao should be playing a key role in addressing this issue. This may affect a large number of customers that are not even aware. It can also affect players leveling these classes not knowing they will run into this issue.

VardaSkaya likes this.
  15. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

That's true but now we talk about bad content or about bad class ? I like that witch is support class i would never change that for bit more trash loot per hour.

16. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiRichJamJebaited

Me as 281 AP kutum witch Sycraia Forbidden Abyss Ruins...

takes ages

VardaSkaya and Lemon Crush like this.
  17. Gobarnachta

Little to no accuracy, mobs over your level. Ofc it takes ages when most hits are gonna miss. Get 63 and PEN bhegs and try again.

#17 Gobarnachta, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  18. Lemon Crush

Dang that was a long kill for that pack. It looked like alot of skills were missing. The damage just isn't there in pve, rather depressing.

19. Lemon Crush

Go look up other classes in KR doing those mobs at 61-62 with TET bhegs and 270-275 ap then get back to us. Their kill speed is significantly faster.

You can't use what you wrote in any sort of rebuttal because I have literally shown proof in multiple areas with our highest geared players being out farmed by a few thousand worth of trash. Yes, in this case, it may be an accuracy issue, but even if it was level 63 with PEN everything it would be significantly slower than any other classes.

20. Gobarnachta

In your kr wiz vod they dont utilize mh skills well like mma and also there accuracy was missing aswell as pulls werent flowing as good as with other classes vods. However I do agree w/w is at lower end of highend PvE classes but the difference is not as gamebreaking as you say and there are other classes that are in as weak state as w/w if not even weaker.