1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Integrity Worth?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blade Boques, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zAlbatross

You know blade, I thought you were smarter than this. You really let me down. How could you leave out the comma after the word "me" in this here sentence, "Because you have not permanently banned me (comma should go here) I know you believe my intentions we're (its "were" bro ) to never let this happen if I could help it." Not only did you create a run-on sentence, but you used "we're" instead of were... Shame on you BladeBoques!!

Peisinoe and kamik0z like this.
  2. Dremlock

it's absolutely the right place to post this actually.

Alicemimi likes this.
  3. Kurylenko

There's no need to play around with semantics here.

4. Razzle_Dazzle

Sorry, all - I had a lot on my mind looking through all of this and wrote a novel in response here! This is a TL;DR post for sure. If you don't want to read all of it, feel free to skip to check out the options + text in bold.
    -------

Hi all,

There is definitely a lot of heat in this thread, and with good reason. I've watched BB myself and enjoyed his guides, and it's hard to express how hard it is to see someone you respect have this evidence revealed on an exploit, and I've been reading through various posts to see what you all think of this. What's interesting is that I see a lot of black-and-white posts here - either people think BB and the BDO dev team are saints or devils. I'd like to propose here that there may be another option - the answer might be somewhere in between. Here are some options for each:

BB
    1. BB has poor character and fundamentally exploits the game for his personal benefit. [Popular theory on this thread.]
    2. BB is a valued community contributor who plays by the rules, and who is punished by a game glitch that he did not know about. [Held by BB's fans.]
    3. BB has done a lot of good for many viewers, according to their accounts, and has made the vast majority of his funds fairly, but he is an imperfect human who took advantage of a game glitch for his benefit for an extended time on more than one occasion, and is now lying about it.

BDO Dev Team
    1. Is showing BB favoritism due to the perceived publicity BB may be bringing to the game title.
    2. Is treating BB the same as others with the same evidence - possibly considers the latest issue a "minor" issue / possibly normally takes appeals into account and other banned viewers did not have the same appeals.
    3. Is treating BB differently, but the reason is mainly due to the value many BDO community members have expressed for his videos and guides. In other words, he's treated like a hero for many who made a mistake - the good is weighed in with the bad, and his resulting punishments are lighter due to that.
    4. Is treating BB harshly by punishing him just to quiet accusations of favoritism when it was entirely BDO's fault.

--------------------

While sociopaths are certainly out there, most people thankfully don't fit in that category. Most people are a blend of selfish and caring motives. Given that, there's potential here that the answer is 3 for both. Unfortunately, like many here, I doubt we're going to get an in-depth answer to know for sure. It's hard to get any data on motivation, and BB would likely need to send a legal document with an indemnification clause to the BDO team, and even then, it's not a sure thing to know if BDO would feel protected enough to release that information or not

Let's say for the sake of consideration that option number 3 above is true for both - The question is, should a person who has a significant population of players who share they received more enjoyment / success in the game (from legit guides / advice) be forever banned from being able to do good in the future for these people due to being guilty of 1-2 wrongs? Does the good he did for many in any way offset the wrong, that possibly didn't directly impact as many? This is a tricky question for those who never benefited from BB's help / advice in the past, but try to think of it from a global perspective if you can.

Given that consideration, this probably isn't as easy of a straight-forward case for the BDO team as you think - they're probably trying to weigh in the whole situation. In a court of law, judges often take into account the whole situation besides the evidence. Punishment may still be dealt to those who otherwise do good for the community, but it might not be as severe (e.g., warning / probation / minor sentence versus hardcore jail time). (That goodwill may start to run dry by the third incident, mind you!) There's the possibility that the BDO team did its best reviewing the evidence, didn't find anything other than the 2 node double-workers, and weighed that against the good he's done for the community to inflict a guilty verdict but with a lesser punishment than for players who do not have as many testimonials to the good they've done for others on this game. We may never truly know, but I want to throw this idea out there that the intentions of the team may also have been considering the other side of the community impact when the 72-hour ban decision was made.

For those seeking justice - real damage has already been done here. For any having watched BB's reactions before at being banned or even those knowing how much is riding on this for him, he's certainly bearing the weight of the consequences, whether the exploit was accidental or intentional, right now. Even if he is not perma-banned, the loss of streamer support, friends, likely constant harassment / wars in-game, and even the threats of loss against his Twitch (which would impact him switching games and carrying his career forward) are things that would come down like a hammer on anyone in a similar situation.

Whatever the cause, for the exploit, justice may already been served.

This thread may seem in some way like a war zone, but really what it shows is that we have a passionate community who cares about doing what's right, fair consideration, value a person brings to a community (fans), and the integrity of the game. We can keep watching to see if the BDO team does make a statement. Until we can do more than just speculate on character and intention, we can go back to what we all like to do - enjoy gaming. :)

Thanks!
    -Razz

Awesomisme likes this.
  5. FrAjóK

@Blade Boques To be honest, the penalty was not severe at all. I believe you needed a 14 day suspension with all current gold remove from your account or perhaps just a 3 month rollback to your account with a 14 day suspension. Exploits should not be taken lightly nor, Botting. I believe making an example of you can guide others to not do this.

6. There are so many people pretending to know more than the game staff and ready to bash others who may be just cheering for @Blade Boques and not defending what he may have done, at least I didn't have the arrogance to assume to know everything like @cruise
    They are blinded by the anger and if they feel called in by my opinion then it's probably because they feel guilty of being jealous [​IMG]

BTW my opinion was:
    Notice how I'm not assuming anything or pointing to anyone in my past and current statements ("probably", "maybe", "may have", "people", "they", "someone"...), other than the obvious stupidity of some of my repliers, so if someone is not smart enough to understand what I am meaning then yeah please avoid the shame that you're bringing on yourself by replying to me [​IMG]

This shows how easy is to assume something about others, thanks for proving it !

#426 Alicemimi, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
  7. Mortia

In Law the term is 'Ignorantia juris non excusat'

Ignorance is no defence. Personally i don't care if BB gets a perma ban or not. What i do care about is that his wealth is forfeit as a result of what he has been proved to be doing. It is proven - its on video and there is no way those 2 workers got on that node 'by accident'.

He has 8 bil... since you cannot show how much was made legitimately and how much was not i think a fair outcome would actually be the 72 hour ban and remove the 8 bil.

Its time Kakao made an example and stood up for what they allege to be their zero tolerance policy on cheating.

I understand your point but....

Kakao has publicly and consistently claimed zero tolerance to cheating. Yes i agree real damage has been done however in game there has been none. A 72 hour ban is nothing, people get worse for far less.

The price BB has paid outside of the game is, to most of the BDO community, irrelevant. There must be a meaningful punishment in game. Kakao's failure to impose a reasonable punishment in the eyes of the community will cause them far more damage in the long run than perma banning BB would.

That's why i believe the removal of his wealth would be a reasonable compromise which would satisfy most of the community without completely destroying BB. Some of the community will still be crying for a perma ban and I'm curious how much of that is coming from personal dislikes, opinions, jealousy etc rather than looking at the actual facts.

Peisinoe and Alicemimi like this.
  8. Kurylenko

@PM_Jouska

or any other management member, please lock this thread as the discussion is no longer civil and random statements and hate comments are now being thrown between forum members.

#428 Kurylenko, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  9. cruise

cruise Lahn

hes trying to gain sympathy on the forum that ahd like 30 topics wanting him to get permabanned

RoakOriginal likes this.
  10. Dremlock

this thread is the only thing containing the incivility.

Plus, sometimes messy situations elicit messy discussions.

Tombs360, Peisinoe and Alicemimi like this.
  11. nyn idc

disgusting - really disgusting... be happy that you only got banned for 72h... other games ban perma for less... at the end your reputation is at least gone... and from now till the end of your streaming "career" ppl will ask you about your exploiting.

I mean how stupid can s1 be to exploit and stream it then.. thats like master 10 no brain.

12. DakotaCoty

"random statements"

Exploiter pleads us to understand his perspective...

Empirical evidence to prove he knew it was an exploit, not once, but twice on the occasion. Nothing here is random, get off.

13. Totes agreed with @Mortia on all points, there was a penalty on his earnings btw
    It just can't be known how much the penalty was on the earnings (for reasons) ...

14. Dremlock

personally I would have forced BladeBoques to join Baka as his punishment.

N0tl0c and Alicemimi like this.
  15. Why is @Dremlock so eloquently wise here and not in game especially when I just want to kill you [​IMG]

16. Ahm are you saying it's so bad inside there [​IMG]
    Heheh

17. N0tl0c

also have his chat filters disabled along with a permanent window.

Dolomite and Alicemimi like this.
  18. ambyentlight

Hes probally scared of you

Alicemimi likes this.
  19. Kurylenko

I'm not talking about the statements people are providing in relation to the issue here. I'm talking about off topic discussions between forum members on opposing sides.

20. Matys

Matys Wizard 56 NA

Hello Blade Boques, as for your request we will try to help you clear up your name by making some of our wroker exploit information public.
    Please take a look at screenshot provided with all data necessary.
    Thank you and please stop getting caught its getting harder to cover for you.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.