1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Integrity Worth?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blade Boques, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korvgubben

I really wonder what the GM's think about this thread. Cant be much fun going to work and having to deal with stuff like this everyday and knowing they have only themselves to blame for it.

I guess their "experts" have decided that a crooked streamer brings in more profit even if a few angry and dissapointed players leave.

I cant rly put myself in their position though since I would never work under those conditions.

2. Menor

vacations or not, steam chart shows 17k active players, 11k less than last month.

3. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

Well thats normal for most games on steam, people reroll them all the time.

#1383 Morwath, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. Ethanol

How serious are you about suing Kakao? I would be very interested to see how this go's.
    Especially since it's just them not following their own rules. They are the ones that made those rules so how would that work?
    Wouldn't you have to show how you sustained damage from them not following their own rules?

I'd like to see that BB banned but I just don't see that happen due to him being a popular streamer/video maker.
    I live in NL so i'm just very curious. If you don't want to reply I understand, pm is ok if not fair enough.

5. Fire of

We have gms?!!

6. Menor

fail

#1386 Menor, Aug 13, 2017
  7. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

You probably don't understand that people who play MMOs usualy don't wait for their desired MMO to be released on steam, so we got so called "steam players", who are jumping from game to game to try it, some will stay - sure, majority will move anyway. Also, your point is invalid. because those games often require steam to be played, for example you couldn't play Skyrim when it was released without steam, even if you bought box edition...

8. Menor

bich please, if game is good it gets momentum, if its SINGLE PLAYER people rotate as its SINGLE PLAYER GAME so people complete CAMPAIGN FOR SINGLE PLAYER and move on to new title with new story, at this point Skyrim has bigger players per month than BDO, 2011 master game.
    Look at Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, CS:GO, DOTA i dont see them loosing players.

CS:GO - 600k+ last month (386k average)
    DOTA 2 - 800k+ last month (528k average)
    PUBG - 600k+ last month (285k average)
    Rainbow Six 47k last month (ubisoft failures are devs of this one) (31k average)
    BDO - 24k last month (17k average)
    TES V Skyrim - 26k last month (16k average)
    yeah thats why i gave you stats from MULTIPLAYER games from steam and one 2011 SINGLE PLAYER game.

9. Menor

All MMOS are well known about faking their active player stats. GW2 and their over 5mil active players. APB and their 2milion active players, etc. + post above.
    There is one good thing about BDO, if every MMO would start to be like it, stereotype that MMOs are addictive would get destroyed very fast.

10. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

I guess you can't either read, or use your brain properly. As I've said previously, you can't play some of those games without steam at all, even if you can do it now, majority of playerbase is bound to steam - unlike BDO. Some are F2P and are different game genres and have completly different gamming philosophy behind them - while BDO is "invest time for sake of 'endgame'", those most played are "grab and play", obviously they have different type of playerbase and attract more people to even try them, and BDO isn't what average steam user is looking for. It's also hillarious that you talk about "faking playerbase numbers" and use steam charts as argument for Valve games (top2 played games on your list are made by... steam).

If you don't get logic, if I would play Skyrim I would do it via steam, same goes for Dota, but not BDO. Using steam charts as an argument in any discussion about BDO is kinda stupid.

11. Hypotermia

GL dude :DD Thanks for saving my weekend.

In ToS kakao never said they had time limit to solve the problem :D

Please go and take this matter to court. Its not like world doesnt have more important issues to go on than your hatred and anger towards cheaters. But hey i really hope you go and take this to court and please share your case on internet so i can get more entertainment from this :D

threatening kakoa with lawsuits or anything will do nothing and seriously do you think court in NL takes this seriously? Or even do you think you can win? :D

All of you little whiny brats that have no clue what kakoa is dealing with and how problematic its to solve go ahead and try to figure it out and think solution for it

#1391 Hypotermia, Aug 13, 2017
  12. Menor

Kinda stupid cos you have to do a ritual to find a player that does something outside of sausans.
    Kinda stupid cos game with actual active playerbase is low enough to run 90% of the map without meeting more than 10 people, where 8 is afk running to quest or grinding a horse.
    I dubt Valve would pay steamcharts real cash to fake numbers for games like CSGO or DOTA2, they dont have to, cash from those games and their playerbase is big enough to not care about faking stuff like GW2 or APB Reloaded had to.

Steam is biggest gaming platform on earth right now. If mutliplayer game has such small interest and lost almost 50% of its active playerbase in 3months like BDO, it doesnt say well about it, and i agree, most newblood comes and stays for 1-2 months based on all the free stuff they are getting. Same people are gone cos game itself is a braindead grind and naruto simulator. You can try to defend your loved waifu game as much as you want, but those are facts.

Not to mention your newest BDO drama that happens in this very topic.

13. OrenKing

All I see here is an attention seeking cry baby, whining because he thought he will be treated special for being a white night for Kakao, you finally got slapped on the face by the same company you defended so much, just wipe the snot off your face and pretend it didn't happen. this goes to show that they don't treat anyone special weather you are a fun boy or a favourite steamer lol.

14. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

In the event Kakao Games Europe does not remedy to the attributable Defaults within two (2) month as from the date of receipt of the notice, the User shall be entitled to terminate the Agreement for cause. Only the impossibility for the User to access the Game for the User shall qualify as a Default of Kakao Games Europe justifying the termination of the Agreement by the User.

In the event Kakao Games Europe is the Defaulting Party, Kakao Games Europe shall reimburse to the User all the fees paid by the User to Kakao Games Europe for the affected Service during the six (6) months period preceding the termination of the Agreement;

The limitations and exclusions of liability mentioned in the preceding paragraphs of this article will lapse if and in so far as the damage is the result of intentional or willful recklessness on the part of Kakao Games Europe or its managers (“own actions”).

You should probably fully read the ToS if you want to discuss it my friend. Kakao have 2 months to solve an issue before you can terminate the contract with them. They state that only the impossibility of access to the game will qualify as a default by Kakao, however it also states that any decision taken by Kakao that has damaged you where you can prove that they intentionally took this decisions means that they are COMPLETELY liable.

Did the user exploit? Yes.
    Is this against the ToS? Yes.
    Does the ToS state that this warrant a permanent ban? Yes.
    Permanently banned the user.

There you go, took me all of 30 seconds and I'm a "little whiny brat". Imagine how quickly a mature Kakao employee could do it in? :)

At this point, pretty serious. It's not really suing though as I'm just attempting to re-coup my funds as they've broken the ToS. There's no point playing the game if people can exploit non-stop and either be given a slap on the wrists or not punished at all. The cost of taking someone to small claims courts in the UK is £25 so NL costs will most probably be something similar.

They've ignored my e-mails for a month so I'm following the directions in their broken ToS and giving them another month before I start preparing things. The only thing I really enjoy in this game are the life-skills and crafting so when my account gets banned it won't be a disappointing loss to be honest.

So not permanently banning a "famous" streamer despite the ToS stating that ANY use of exploit warrants a permanent ban means they don't treat anyone differently? I think you need to cut back on the day drinking my friend, you're getting confused. :)

Peisinoe and Thelemna like this.
  15. Musashy

Just show us when you already done it and won. You keep saying ul sue but havent done so. Do it already

16. OrenKing

I think you enjoy hearing your own voice, you can take them to court all you want, we all know that kakao = incompetent + shady + they don't give a rats ass about anyone. so all the crying wont do any good.
    treat anyone differently? I think you need to cut back on the day drinking my friend, you're getting confused. :)[/QUOTE]

17. Hyppocritten

'Warrants' just means they have grounds to ban a customer for exploiting. It doesn't state they are obligated. That's a whole different word.

A judge will also notice u are the only one.. a petition with lots of ppl signing could help you.

Your best bet/hope is Kakao just reimbursing you for good riddance = it warrants a ban also ^^

18. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Why on earth would anyone blame Plunge for holding the devs of a game, you have all paid money and continue to pay money for, to account?

Dunkleosteus, Asterotis and Peisinoe like this.
  19. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

Whenever I see nothing was done yet, I feel like Homer in following scene...

20. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

As much as I'm usually on the opposite end of thought with Plunge, I have to say good luck, mate. I'm taking my own case to small claims and it feels good to work towards making it right.

It looks like you actually have a case if they don't stand by their word- which they will not, so enjoy the reimbursement and time off from the game. Take all the good memories with you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.