1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Integrity Worth?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blade Boques, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypotermia

And maybe you should learn to understand what the ToS says. :))

Here my good friend:

Only the impossibility for the User to access the Game for the User shall qualify as a Default of Kakao Games Europe justifying the termination of the Agreement by the User.

Read this and think what it means. :)'
    Part you linked has nothing to do with your reports about someone exploiting or hacking. ToS never says that they have to solve hacking/botting/exploiting issues within 2 months after receiving report. They can take 10 years if they want to and most certainly you're not entitled to receive anything from them

I've read ToS and actually re read couple of times after finding your hilarious post. But hey go ahead and take them to court i wanna see this spectacle. Its easy to bark behind monitor.

Oh yeah why do you threat kakao with lawsuit if you'e not even going to sue them? Are you stupid or what? :D

TOP OF THAT. They do not say that they insta perm ban anyone who exploits. In ToS it says JUSTIFY. Seriously

The violation by the User of the Game Licensing terms set forth in Article 8.1. (Rights granted to the User), 8.2. (License restrictions) and 8.3. (Reservation of rights and ownership) of the Agreement shall qualify as a Default under Article 17.3. (Termination for cause) of the Agreement and justify the permanent ban of any involved Account as well as any Account owned by the User and the immediate termination of the Agreement for cause by Kakao Games Europe.

Now go read the ToS also i don't think you're going to read it so ill link it here

12.2. BREACHES AND OUTCOMES

Based on its severity, the violation of the service policies as provided in Article 12.1 may result in, but not limited to, one of the following:

- A temporary impossibility to post message on the relevant Service;

- The renaming of the name violating the naming policy

- a warning;

- a temporary ban forbidding the User to use the relevant Service;

- a temporary ban forbidding the User to post messages on the Forums and to access the Game;

- a permanent ban forbidding the User to use the relevant Service;

- a permanent ban forbidding the User to post messages on the Forums and to access the Game;

- a permanent ban on the Account forbidding the User to use the Account to access the Services;

- the termination of the Agreement for cause.

Article 12.1 refers to common rules

You sir are not entitled to get anything from kakao with your silly lawsuit threat

#1401 Hypotermia, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Narsi likes this.
  2. Ethanol

I think when u start a case against them and they don't respond in court. The person prosecuting automaticly wins.
    Seeing how Kakao handles things game wise so far there is a big chance Plunge would win LOL

3. Asterotis

I can only imagine a class action suit if Plunge were to gather like-minded people.

4. GabeCake

You take on kakao, you take on 10cent. Small claims or not they have bottomless pockets and will eat you alive, irrelevant of your intentions. You would literally be setting yourself up for financial ruin, but irl. They will drag it out to the point where you just cannot fund your case. Also - small claims is for civil matters, you wouldn't be able to get the case seen in small claims. Also if you did somehow get it seen by the court, they will (i promise you this) get it escalated to a higher court due to the scope and the implications. This is where you lose unless you're a multi-millionaire that is okay with losing money, and being cucked for your troubles.

But honestly - this **** is pointless. I don't understand why people are so up in arms about this ****. Even if he did do it on purpose, it literally doesn't effect you except for e-peen in bankroll and perhaps a little less time invested into the game, which, i assume both of you have a lot of.

Play your game, let him play his and let kakao worry about who will get banned and who won't. Crying about it isn't going to change anything.

Also terms of service is just a piece of paper that lets you know your limitations in law, that DOES NOT mean they have to act on it, however, if they don't any future claims against their IP will have less merit. Technically speaking, you don't actually own the game, the account or the ingame items. You're "renting" it. You're paying a service, not buying a tangible product. /shrug

Um no - it's up to the judges discretion. You, or anybody else do not just default to guilty. That's why we have bonds and warrants officers.

#1404 GabeCake, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Renu and OrenKing like this.
  5. Korvgubben

You really dont seem to get it based on what you are saying but why you arent getting it confuses me a bit.

Let me give you a hint. A lot of people, people who might not even have touched a bicycle in years, got upset when Lance Armstrong admitted that he had cheated. Why do you think that is since it obviously had a miniscule effect on their personal life?

Reigne Irkalla and Peisinoe like this.
  6. Ethanol

Actually we dont have warrants or officers in a small claim. This is not american law we are talking about. But a dutch "verstekvonnis" which means when the other party doesn't show up. The prosecutor wins automatically, we dutch don't have a judge system like in the states.

I don't want to turn this into a yes or no game my post was purely to point out Plunge has a very decent chance to win looking at how Kakao has performed so far. This has nothing to do with him being right/fair.

If u wish to know more about this, https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verstek_(procesrecht)
    I'm not sure if the english translation on wiki is correct.

;)

Asterotis and Peisinoe like this.
  7. Most US small claims aren't heard by a judge either but by a magistrate, and the same principle of no-show no-defense applies in most cases, as well.

8. Hypotermia

Plunge has no case against anyone but his own imagination. Kakao has not broken their own ToS in anyway.

Plunge has capability of reading ToS but not ability to understand it

9. Peisinoe

You stopped reading before the paragraph that made his point....

Yukiko1 and Thelemna like this.
  10. Yeah, he actually does have a case, and it's just small claims. Kakao could just settle by refunding his last six months and closing the account. It's no big loss to Kakao, but at least Plunge can get his money back and move on.

11. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

That would be huge PR failure...

12. Nah, companies, including gaming companies settle out of court with non disclosure agreements all the time. I don't think Plunge would take anything like that, because I'm sure the principle is more important than the payment. And as hard as Plunge used to white knight this game, when he does reddit post the verdict, white knights would just flame him for "trying to ruin their game."

Full circle. Only problem is that this will still be months out and people probably won't care by then unless Kakao fks up the handling of another exploit.

#1412 Thelemna, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  13. crosspath

I am waiting for the definitive cheat/exploit, one that allows you to know result of enchanting beforehand...

Seeing that bots can see fish drop with just casting... Seems that is not impossible...

I bet they would hide it under the carpet as well...

14. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

The result is properly already decided upon starting the wind up.

During which, as we all know, we can cancel...

You know how guild missions are "random"? They aren't. They're just hidden. Our enchanting is actually probably pretty much operating under the same principle.

Edremis likes this.
  15. Hypotermia

And you failed to understand that no court would even accept plunges case :)

16. Hypotermia

He has nothing not even close to getting any sort of case against kakao in anyway. Kakao has no reason to even think about this due Plunge did not understand ToS at all

17. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

18. Blademaster1215

Blademaster1215 DuPointe Ranger 62 NA

And thus, Kakao lost their strongest white knight... This irony has not fallen on me.

19. GabeCake

He really doesn't. Kakao does not have to enforce their ToS it is just a statement that the user agrees to before using the service provided so they go in knowing what actions could result in their account being closed and their ability to use the service suspended. I'm not saying Kakao shouldn't do it, they should, as any future claims against them will have less merit if they don't protect their IP and their service agreements, but, by law, they do NOT have to even take action against somebody. And if they do - they have the right to choose what "punishment" they dole out.

Terms of Service is NOT something that the user should use to justify Kakaos actions, it's nothing more than a piece of paper that tells YOU, the customer, what should not be done if you wish to continue using their service.

20. He has a case if Kakao refuses to refund his last 6 months of investment for their own breech of TOS.

The tos even outlines remittance guidelines under such situations, hence the six months of refund and two month communication deadline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.