1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Integrity Worth?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blade Boques, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korvgubben

Aw yiss, I've missed this thread on the frontpage!

2. Celensra

I don't know you, Blade and I imagine if you are wise, you've stopped reading this long ago but I want to say that I feel really badly for how so many treat you. It seems everyone is quick to shout, "Streamers get special treatment." but no one knows if that's true or not. However, I do know that streamers receive intense hatred after seeing a small fraction of the unending abuse you suffer from many in this "community". I do not condone exploiting in any manner but I don't condone demonizing someone to such an extreme degree after they've been punished either. I may be attacked for going against this awful "trend" but I really want to see our community become a better place. It's by far, the most hostile and toxic community I've ever been a part of and I don't understand why.

3. Concubine

Oh hi there, welcome, let's see.
    Member was banned for exploiting, this is a fact. While others received permanent bans, this user received a 48hr ban.
    This is the unfair special treatment we are upset with.
    On top of this he tries to manipulate everyone into believing that he is the poster boy do gooder for BDO, that's the problem. Every day he portrays this goodie tooshoo "oh i'm so good and you can too" He is the Joel Osteen of BDO, he is a joke, a meme. https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/cringe-challenge.44710/

4. Peisinoe

You only need to assess the evidence in post #2 of this thread to appreciate why everyone has concluded that he received "special treatment". There is no question that he exploited, which has in the past (and since if you include the t9 horses exploit) resulted in permanent bans with no challenge allowed. And yet, in any exploits where Blade has been involved, the rules are not enforced to the same degree. Temporary bans are issued in place of permanent. Therefore it is easy to see that some players are treated differently. We would be calling them all out, but Blade's name is the only one we have - not least because he opened this thread himself.

I wouldn't worry about the little butt-kissing pity party portion of your thread either. He stopped reading this thread as soon as he published that opening post.

5. Rahnxah

:O

[​IMG]

that OP rant :D ehehehe

Nocturnus and Dalenos like this.
  6. Celensra

I love your childish and inept attempt at attacking me at the end. It was cute lol...as I said, I don't condone exploits. I'd have everyone who did such things banned, in fact. However, I don't condone relentless harassment either.

7. Dalenos

That necro >.>

8. LogicaI

I wish senior smoques was banned for facts sake he is a exploiter. However at the same time i can understand why they did not,as he does draw people to the game with his guides/streaming he is free advertising for them. So in a way i can understand. But at the same time i cannot. So i guess you could say i am torn.

9. zhagsten

That argument has been beaten to death. His guides don't bring new players, they are only used by people who already know a lot about this game. Also not banning him is bad publicity. If someone is interested in the game, asks question about it and people tell them that streamers can avoid permabans, they will turn their back. That's where you should make an example out of the public figure, to send the right message.

Peisinoe likes this.
  10. LogicaI

i agree with you that he deserves to be banned,i have said so in the past and have here multiple times,i do not get triggered often but him being unbanned is quite triggering. I am just trying to think about it from the mindset of the publisher is all. not banning him is bad publicity yup. but i also wonder if they don't ban him also because hes the leader of a 100 person guild,that's 100 people that are going to turn to the message board when their guild leader is banned and take to social media to create a firestorm rofl,god how wonderful that would be. i am smiling just thinking about it

11. FluffyQuack

These forums are small compared to Twitch (640 people on the forums right now, and there's more than 4000 people watching BDO streams right now). You'd have to follow the scene closely to know details about the BladeBoques ban incident, so I'm sure there's a ton of people who have no idea about at all. I can remember occasionally seeing people ask if they should get the game despite the complaints about P2W. I've never seen a single guy hesitate to get the game because of banning policies.

Give it a couple of months and everyone will have forgotten about this. Except for the 20 or so people who still visit this thread for no good reason.

Tomo likes this.
  12. Korvgubben

[​IMG]

D:<

Sugam and Peisinoe like this.
  13. Peisinoe

That wasn't an insult, lovely, it was pointing out the fact that he doesn't read this thread - as pointed out by one of his guildies a few pages back. Therefore your comment that it was an inept response is also incorrect, as it stated a fact. To counter your third point (which shows a lack of research) I have stated all along that I partake in this as I would like to see ALL exploiters banned. Not exactly relentless harassment of an individual. If I did that, I would be banned from this forum.... and I have not been. Pray, continue to call me childish and make baseless accusations.

14. N0tl0c

Thank god this is still going.

15. Celensra

I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood your 'charming' remark about the pity party I was throwing. I apologize and wish you a fantastic day :)

Peisinoe likes this.
  16. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

What is Integrity Worth?

about 81 pages

LastWish2 and Columba like this.
  17. ambyentlight

So all you need to do to win BDO is become a famous streamer and exsploit to your hearts content deliberlitly looking for flaws in the game then when caught say you dident realize you did it woe is me and only get the 3 day ban not what everyone else would get a perma one.

18. Alicia Dominica

The forum isn't quite the same without this being on the front page.

:)

19. Yoshimaru

Yoshimaru Maehwa 62

This should remain on front page to remind of the day when a game publisher bowed down for a few bucks.

20. woots

that is for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.