1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Integrity Worth?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blade Boques, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruornex

Rayin: the martyr against martyrs. He chose to become a martyr, just like Plunge, in an attempt to end martyrs. Now I too must make a long-winded speech, laden with self-righteousness, and announce that I will never again fight this battle for martyrs against martyrs who are against martyrs. Don't respond to this, I've already martyred myself good.

2. Korvgubben

Wouldnt it have been better to save this rant for a case where such arguing just for the sake of arguing had been the case rather than this thread which actually have a just cause? (although thats obviously not the thread creators intent but thats what it turned into).

You are ofc free to dislike martyrs however others might not share that view or your view of when its time to let go or when its time to hold your ground.

I'm pretty sure Plunge used all his "forum warrior skills" in this case and that was not enough to make the company follow their own rules so he turned his focus on hurting the company instead which, if his claim that he won in small claims court is true, he actually did. Cant realisticly hope for more in a person vs a company case.

BB has gotten a lot of hate in this thread simply because he is a cheater and a lot of ppl, me included, dislike cheaters BUT all the "ban BB" posts shouldnt necessarily be taken as hate against him but rather hate against the company for not following their own rules.

I was rly just making my own point with that comment but if I were to address the point you made I would say that sometimes ppl that are a bit like that are needed.

If you work at a workplace with a lot of other ppl some ppl will obviously push the limits in the other direction aswell. Regularily being late, going for breaks several times more than their colegues, vanishing into thin air ~10mins before the workday is over etc.

Rather than the ppl with higher work morales taking on more than their share of work regularily and beeing quietly bitter about it some "rule knight" who goes and rat them out to the boss might actually improve the workplace. Talking directly to the colegue might not be a good idea either as the "sloppier" one might take it as the other trying to boss over him although being the same "rank" in the company.

Like so many other things there needs to be a balance. I personally know cases where Plunge has been plain and simply wrong but still refused several pieces of evidence against his argument untill ppl eventually tired of arguing. This thread is not one of them in my opinion.

3. Asterotis

Don't forget to throw in your life story about how you're a Marine/Doctor or something, RL stories REALLY get people on your side.

Cruornex likes this.
  4. notAlpha

Why is this on the frontpage?

5. ManlyBeard

Cuz exploiters still roam free

Dalenos likes this.
  6. Alicia Dominica

How very unfortunate that we don't always get what we want in life.

Asterotis and ManlyBeard like this.
  7. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

Didn't need to go to small claims court in the end, PayPal awarded me most of my charge-backs and my bank (although it took a while) also awarded me my charge-backs. If my charge-backs failed then I would have been forced to go through small claims court, glad I didn't though as I don't speak a lick of Dutch and I'd have to submit the papers in both Dutch and English.

For those who want to charge-back (for a legitimate reason such as false advertising or Kakao breaking the ToS) contact Kakao through e-mail and tickets. The main thing that swung the case to my side was the fact that Kakao refused to answer any of the e-mails I sent them in July/August/Septepmber. Both my bank and PayPal asked me for evidence that I'd attempted to contact Kakao for a refund.

Nope, just popping in every few weeks to bump this thread so that it always remains current. New content looks interesting but I'd be far too behind in trade to warrant coming back, not to mention BDO is a HUGE time-sink. You can sink half the day into BDO without even realising it, so in a since SenorSmoques did me a favour when he decided to exploit. Also who knows, my account might be banned.

I don't think you've ever tasted victory my friend, it sort of tastes halfway between onions roasted with garlic and a lovely brie melted with a cranberry sauce. You do seem rather unhinged, as the age old saying goes...it's just a game, right? Also a little pro-tip forma forum pro, typing "I don't care" doesn't really work when you're posting on a topic and replying to someone, if you didn't care you'd just not post at all. :)

Dalenos, Ventesa, Flowerxl and 3 others like this.
  8. Peisinoe

Love and miss you Plunge, dear <3 Hope you're enjoying life post-BDO.

9. ambyentlight

Come on guys lets be serious mr BB has got away with something you non famous streamers could never even dream of achieving.

Yall need to stop being jelly of mr BB as he is better than everyone includeing I - the mods gms and cms and above.

Not every mortal is born to be king like our king BB. If you want good fortune in your life just pray to our lord bb and his famous streamer friends the unbanables.

10. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

My friend got falsely banned for fish botting and can't appeal because GMs said they have a 100% accurate detection system.
    He spent hundreds of dollars on the game and has never once used any kind of "malicious" software.
    All the excuses he's been getting are just ridiculous copy and paste replies from every GM.
    If 2017 couldn't get any worse, internet neutrality got repealed.

11. Conceal

You'll be missed, your guide helped me a lot to achieve M2 in trading and becoming rich :D

12. Catastigma

Is a fair argument? Money dont allow anyone to use any macro...
    You know.. your friend can lie or be ignorant that any automatic macro est no-allowed.... a simple macro that use Hp pots each 3 sec is not allowed.
    The probability that your friend get a infair ban are terribly inferior that my first hypothesis.

13. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

The dude doesn't run bots for sure.
    You know, for easy observational assumptions. You figure out I'm not the only one reporting unfair bans / false positive bans on their
    "100%" accurate detection system. It IS "Unfair" because they can't appeal for something they weren't a part of.

I know several people that got banned without notice that have no knowledge in using any botting programs or coding of the sort.
    One of them can't even figure out how to open steam up properly. The latter are internet denizens with no knowledge in things like this.

That's beside the point I'm trying to make but I see why you could have interpreted that way.
    He spent hundreds of dollars on a game and spent so much time on the game that banned him under false pretences.
    It IS a fair argument. Why? Adamantly because he hasn't used or done anything wrong but gets banned and his money pretty much taken from him.
    I mean seriously. Let us use common sense Catastigma. How many times has this game been accused of such things? Cover-ups, poor customer service, poor optimization, lies and many other things.

Considering ALL THAT. The..."Probability" that my friend is wrong, pales in comparison to a reason to the amount of skulduggery this company has bred forth.

14. Rayin

You neither pal, you neither. Do you know why i know that? because Blade Boques is still unbanned while you asked a refund! you lost bruh, wooooohoooooo!

[​IMG]

Also a little pro-tip forma: semantic doesn't work with whoever has 46 chromosomes and enough brain cells to know that you got nothing to say, glad to see that you came back to get some likes from your affecionados.

Catastigma likes this.
  15. Catastigma

The guilty person often deny.
    also if your friend have trouble to open Steam:O, I think bdo not be a game for him in the first place...
    So the possibility that your friend buy a Fishing bot software is a little bit higher now.
    Your situation make you biais. you reuse the same argument that he spend alot of money...
    Especially since you are talking to someone who has absolutely no power.
    Common sense is biased sense.zzzI prefer the Cartesian doupt.
    I love probability. after a TET Cadry with 52 fs i think my Rng is good this week.

16. Dalenos

Every since @Plunge left I have seen to many copy cats but none seem to fit the bill >.>

17. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

I want this thread to remain alive, you want this thread to die. You've bumped this thread despite claiming you don't care and that you won't be replying anymore. I mean if we look at it logically, the only person who forced me to leave the game and get a refund was myself, Kakao didn't ban me and SenorSmoques exploiting didn't affect my playstyle in anyway. In a sense I'm actually quite thankful to both him and Kakao as they gave me the nudge I needed to stop spending around 12 hours a day sitting on a horse, staring at Excel files and chopping wood/melting ores. Thanks for the free bumps, I'll reply to your next reply in a week or so, but of course you'd never reply to a thread you promised not to bump because you don't care about it...

I'd say I've won my friend, but thanks for playing! :)

[​IMG]

Peisinoe, Flowerxl and Dalenos like this.
  18. Rayin

Ban Boques when? never i guess or at least you didn't, RIP.
    You can look at the logic as much as you wish, in a practical world you did nothing but make him more famous than it was as i for one - for example - couldn't care less and didn't know anything about him. You really have a weird concept of winning, must be really satisfying to raise above your head the Champion cup filled with your own tears after you've white knightened Kakao blatantly for long even when things were fishy and you were proven wrong, oh well...

tumblr_njy5ul7t6s1tthnt5o1_400.gif

19. Armory

Crazy thread but I'm not sure to understand what was the final punishment for Blade Boques, is it a permaban or just a few days ?

20. Peisinoe

3 days. That was all.

Venkas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.