1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response What is RS?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by CamwynFamilyValues, Feb 6, 2019.

1. CamwynFamilyValues

I've been trying to upgrade weapons/gear and am just starting to understand the failstack system and use of different stones for upgrading. I have a bunch of Caphras stones (60 or so) but when I go to the caphras enhacement screen none of my weapons (highest I have is a duo) seem able to be enhanced this way.

In reading the Reddit chat about caphras, I ran across someone talking about "RS."

So, this is the noobiest of noob questions I'm sure, but what is RS?
    I'm new to this type of gaming in general and, while I figured out DP/AP, I haven't found any answer to what RS is.

2. Landaine

Probably Renown Score. BDO recently "removed" it, but I believe you can still calculate it. I hadn't been playing long when they made the change. I don't believe it has any effect on your character now.

CamwynFamilyValues likes this.
  3. CamwynFamilyValues

Same here--I've been playing for maybe 3-4 months or so. Thanks for that, renown score makes sense.

4. Aiwen

Caphras works on TRI and higher

5. GM Ydril

Game Master

Greetings adventurer!

Welcome to the vast and ever-changing world of Black Desert Online! As your fellow adventurer (@Landaine) correctly pointed out, RS usually stands for Renown Score, the removal of this system was announced in our patch-notes here:
    https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2156
    The reasoning for this, was communicated here!

We release updates after each maintenance detailing all the changes/fixes that happened, you can find them in our website here.
    Don't be shy to ask your questions and make sure to check the Stickied threads in this forum :)!