1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the info right now on Port Ratt and the Haso Kingdom?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shibou, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Shibou

I'm sure many others have forgotten about Port Ratt the same as I have, with the exception of master traders who manage to make money there, but it feels like we've had Port Ratt for a very long time and yet have very little information on what the area is actually supposed to expand into. Is there some important information about imminent plans for the Haso Kingdom that I've missed? And if not, then why did they give us a shallow Hollywood movie set to tease us with when any plans they have to actually flesh the place out are so incredibly far in the future?

Saccharin likes this.
  2. Flowerxl

If so it's stupid to make the area so god damn far from the mainland.

Saccharin and Ashlinidor like this.
  3. Voxo

If your still grinding the same sausans mobs 2 years from now you might be around long enough for them to tell you "soon tm."

4. Namoo

Afaik, they don't have any plans to further develop the continent out at Port Ratt, at least not until after they're done with all the territory out in the mainland. Kinda a big tease if you ask me knowing how long it'll be until we see the rest of that land...
    The next land expansion, after Kamasylvia, will be Dreegan (next to Kamasylvia on the mainland). Dreegan has apparently been in development for a couple years now and they only just recently released concept photos of it. Obviously won't be out this year, probably next year.

Shibou likes this.
  5. Claydough

i think port ratt achieves everything it was trying to do, im not sure what else you could really add there?

Gravemind likes this.
  6. JustSomeGuy

I could imagine them working on it all the time with some low focus while the majority of the attention is on completing the "old world" first and then go full swing to the new continent in a major expansion.

I like that its there even as it is. Haven't had such a rush in any game for a loooong discovering it with my meager fisher-boat (I avoided online guides for some time in BDO; so I did not knew what and even if there was something; gave up thinking there was after about two or three hours on the ocean and about 10% ship life left when I suddenly saw a fine line indicating land on the horizon).

7. Wodur

As a trader and a fisher, i enjoy Margoria and PR what it has to offer. :)

But, lore wise Haso kingdom is where the tamer, maewha, musa, ninja and kuno come from. So i think some day they will release it. :)

Cyrii and loala like this.
  8. RoakOriginal

Maybe rest of the island behind that big gate?

9. Claydough

its too far away to put anything really

10. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

A player house and lodging wouldn't be too bad since there's those worker nodes :D

11. RoakOriginal

Well.. We are in the 60s out of 100s... We can have whole continent comparable to the current one... And you would choose your home depending on rewards of each (if they rebalance it)...

loala likes this.
  12. Claydough

so you're saying you want an entire self sufficient continent built upon port ratt?

magoria is ocean content, the only reason port ratt is there is to give a reason for people to sail the ocean, they wanted a proper trade route unlike the main island where you can cheese everything

13. Shibou

At the very least they could flesh out Port Ratt, it's a bit annoying that there's a whole little town there that you can't explore because the invisible wall makes it so you can only go in as far as the docks.

aidlac, Ventesa and mahoukitty like this.
  14. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

That little town only looks good from further away. Once you get closer you can see where Pearl Abyss half-assed it: https://imgur.com/a/AAGgF

Stairways that are blocked or lead to nowhere; rooms that have windows but not doors; the ground (or a rock) that blocks parts of a room; wrongly placed objects, including houses that penetrate other houses; that part next to the flag running through the entire room (however it is called); the random flag hanging from the room above (why even place it out of anyones sight?); etc..

They would have to redo quite a lot of this town for us to actually walk through it.

15. Annicelli

EWWWW ITS ALTERIST EWWWW

16. Stabby

I agree. Margoria in and of itself was a terrible "expansion". They wasted so much development potential there. The devs only care about PvP tho, so no big surprise.

Metalharpey likes this.
  17. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

It felt like a sop to appease complaints over lack of content updates.

18. Jedrikk

Another unfinished expansion. don't expect them to go back to it.

19. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

oh dear god @Alterist send PA a memo to fix port ratt at least. I mean it looks like a nuclear missile hit the town and caved in the insides of some of those buildings.

20. Shibou

Well that is pretty disappointing, it sure does seem like something hastily put together with the idea of "we'll fix it later."

If I were Pearl Abyss I would have put out Margoria and Haso after Kamasylvia and Dragan, instead of throwing the teaser of a new continent out there and abandoning it for a very long time, but that's just my personal preference. I would have rather gotten Port Ratt at a later date with some solid substance to it, than the way we got it very early with the promise that maybe someday it'll expand into something worthwhile.

Metalharpey and Ventesa like this.