1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is this surpise event on the 25th about

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MMoNoob, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noixi

The SURPRISE will be if people stick around to find out.

Ben Phoenix and MADE like this.
  2. crosspath

I think it won't be the nagas, and olive **** people spoke about...

Basically cause it would be impossible for players that did not prepare to get the olives in just 24h and therefore QQ would be incredible.

Probably just a boss gear box like previous year. Hope that with Khan/Vell on it...

3. Deyric

Instant gratification generation that flit from game to game when they are bored from finishing too fast will never understand.

Lord_Xenon and Smileybones like this.
  4. Korvgubben

In the spirit of christmas I thought it would be nice to grow and share some Olive seeds. I've sold about 50 green and 100 blue seeds so far.

[​IMG]

5. WinterMilla

There is no such thing as an instant gratification generation. In every generation you have people who can't wait more than 5 seconds for something and others who can wait years for something. BDO's progression is neither longer term nor short term, but rather random. It feels longer due to you never knowing when something will happen or you just luck out.

An example would be enhancing. You could spend all of your materials you have been grinding for months and only end up with broken gear or slightly one piece up two pieces down. On the Flip side you could enhances with only a free mat on a low stack an and get it.

6. Mirajane

Surprise mechanics , you get pearl items in bundles not individually , Surprise

WinterMilla likes this.
  7. The_Lord

the instant gratification is the p2w part where you spend alot of money to skip the enhancing process so you can buy what you want instantly ...

8. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

The red nose event, i am still ptsd over that lulz, only the memes made it better

9. Grizabella

I have had I think 2 or three red nose days so far. A fourth would definitely suck.

10. WinterMilla

I could agree to that, however to day a whole generation is that way is loony. Then again I can't say that because if you told me I hate to run a mile, swim across a lake, and hike through a forest to get somewhere or spend $20 to use a car and drive on the road... I would have been swipping my card before you finished the sentence. If you make something long and annyoing just for the sake of it being long and well annoying then I can see why people would do it. I fault the comapny for trying to feed into that for greed rather than the person for doing, yet I will still hold that person in a more negitive light for doing so.... or at least be worried.

11. Debra

Last year it was a small quest, but you had to have finished the storyline to the end of Calpheon, which surprisingly a lot of people don't bother with.

12. Lord_Xenon

The younger generation IS becoming more and more the instant gratification generation. It's not for nothing that 'family daddies' ruin the MMO part in games with their cancerous attitude and Q.Q around 'We don't have the time for that s* grind!'.

And annoyance depends on the person. Some already see using their brain as one it seem.

13. WinterMilla

Actually no. First most of the younger generation is well.. younger. Most of those complaining about having families and such would be the older generation. You can look through out any generation finding people using having family or other things as a reason why they need something now. Everyone keeps trying to pass this off as if the newer generations suddenly started doing this. Its even stranger when you think the ones who raised the new generation has problems with what the new generation is doing.

Ashenvall likes this.
  14. Deyric

You'd be wrong, this has grown more and more. Is it everyone of the generation. No, not even the majority yet. But it has grown.

15. WinterMilla

Where is your factual backing that shows a grow of this behavior? Otherwise its just a claim or pointless whinning.

16. Evengelius

They better be kidding us.

Because this sh.. Is not even enhanced : https://bdocodex.com/us/item/752043/

And it's a random giveaway stuff.
    You gonna end up with a Red Nose's Armor, it's gonna be funny

Most people won't give a care for a +0 boss gear that worth 20M around, and is easily reachable within a hour of grinding or two.

They will rather spend time with their relatives or friends enjoying Christmas.

They better not give us that.

17. Avantala

Just a red nose armor box!

18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

But they are giving some free discount coupons so you can spend more money. ROFL.

19. nolasigns

Journal of consumer marketing is the general go-to citation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.