1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What motivates you to play bdo?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Dremlock

For me it's my abject hatred of the gameplay in pretty much every respect, and my burning desire to exact sweet retribution on everyone who thinks this game is good.

Also it has very hot waifus

tbh i wish this game could somehow focus more on the hottness of the waifus rather than the bad game play? Maybe they could correlate gearscore to how hot ur character is instead of RNG

Slynx, Blusurfer, Törni and 10 others like this.
  2. Dreadhood

Honestly? I'm simply looking forward to the male ranger, since i absolutely love archers in games, so if he's bad or not interesting in terms of skills, i will just drop the game.

3. Dremlock

i bet he's going to be very good. female rangers are at a point right now where if they got even a slight buff they'd probably be bat **** insane overpowered, and i'm sure male ranger is just going to be a better version of female ranger.

Ranger is pretty much the only class with constant nonstop max range damage. Have you ever had a 270 AP ranger spam penetrating wind on u every half second? it hurts. a lot. and they can do it from render distance.

Dreadhood likes this.
  4. Dreadhood

I'm not really into PvP anymore so i don't quite care about strenghts of a character, i just want something fun.

Zit and Senzai like this.
  5. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

I like grinding... like in general. I'm one of those people who can just sit down, put good music on and just grind for 8-10 hours with short breaks and relax.

Which balances with my hatred of the content they are holding back...

6. Dremlock

huh... what do ya do instead?

7. Dexo 2

Havent grinded in 2 months, dont really care about grinding/farming. My new "main" after rerolling is still 58lvl, too lazy to grind it up to 60. Just log in every day to pick daily rewards, sometimes join velia 4 BA to have fun/chat with ppl and thats pretty much it... Its been like 6-8months every single patch was worse and worse that made the game less fun and enjoyable...

Slynx likes this.
  8. Factorial

look, bdo is run by s*** developers and producers aimed only at milking the customer base for their last dollar as their primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary, quinary, and senary goals.

however, bdo is a fantastic game. the gameplay, the graphics, the options of what to do, etc., is all amazing. of course, there needs to be more content and a variety of ways to get gear that keeps people entertained. this can be easily fixed, but again, s*** developers

with each update, we see that the game is made to support the cash shop when it shouldn't be this way. greed. disgusting greed.

United_Strafes likes this.
  9. Catastigma

just cause bdo is totaly different that every **** tier mmorpg themepark of this last 10 years.

Just that BDO dont have Raid makes it exceptional. One of the best game.
    BDO has evolved a standard and a type of mmorpg that is extremely rare. the Sandpark. where Archeage is a total failure. and L2 C4-C6 still the God of this kind.

10. Dreadhood

Just do world bosses, casual grind, explore and some questing.

Blusurfer likes this.
  11. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

i just chill in this game,it provides an open game world where i can do all sorts of stuff, its a chill afk game with pvp and life skilling, tbh nothing out there is worth playing right now, if a triple A game like GTA 6 comes out etc, i would go and play that, tbh there is no pressure to play, just enjoy it for what it is. the enchant system is AIDS BTW

12. 6footgeeks

rough days at work motivate me to play BDO

Kismet and GreyRebel like this.
  13. Dremlock

ya know, i never do world bosses anymore and it kinda sucks. i used to like doing world bosses but now that i have jin harphia and jina viper i never do them anymore. it just not worth it to break my gems.

And using a different set kinda sucks cuz i feel like im nerfing myself.

14. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Not much since they ruined PVP earlier this year.

15. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

Tbh pissing you off is what motivates us the most to play the game (•ω•)

16. United_Strafes

Watching all the people that think this game is good on the forums keeps me going, oh you meant the actual game? Nothing, pressing the R key in front of rocks isn't what I consider compelling gameplay or content.

RageAgainst likes this.
  17. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

what if I dont play the game?

18. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

I think it's fun because there are many things to do in this game. If I get bore of grinding, I go cook, sailing, etc.

Kismet and Fateneko like this.
  19. Noble One

warframe would like a word with you. its not different as the endgame is minus one major thing which is pve. also archage cant be that much of a fail as its still going (shockingly). the only thing BDO did was follow the trend of getting rid of the MMO holy trinity and made a giant map that allows you to grind towards nothing and pvp that becomes stale and beyond unable to catch up to people playing since day one.

but to each their own for their view on the game.

20. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

my motivation: new ranger costumes that feature miniskirts. no pants, I won't buy costumes that feature pants.

Qba, eddie972e, Dalenos and 2 others like this.