1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What we are all fighting over, broken down

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Eurodrake, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Eurodrake

It’s either

Option 1 (previous)
    1. CCs ALWAYS land no matter what
    2. SA chains to counterplay massive CC
    Or

Option 2 (current)
    1. there are 2-3 CC’s per character
    2. no SA and minimal FG for counter play/fairness

Option 1
    - large scale battles are easier
    - 1v1 fights were extremely hard for some classes, and ok for others
    - PvP pace is very very fast
    - PvE ability is very easy for maximum mindless money.
    - large stress on the servers and PCs to keep up with the rapid pace of skills and combos being used simultaneously
    - CCs feel rewarding/skilled when they connect because you timed them perfectly in-between SAs or when you opponent messed up their chain.

Option 2
    - Large scale is incredibly harder than it used to be
    - 1v1s are much more evened out/fair
    - PvP pace is dramatically slowed down for fear of CC, and little protection against it
    - PvE is much harder
    - less stress on the servers for CC and SA and FG calculations, so possibly more reliable actions (although cc more rng now so it might actually be the same)
    - CCs feel unfair when they are very RNG with few methods for counterplay to not get CCd, or to CC properly.

Reflection on stamina changes
    - if stamina changes were brought first, we would have the EXACT same mess of pve and PvP that we have now. In general these changes were uncalled for, and in either option above dramitcially slow down all aspects of the game.
    - out of everything, personally this is one of the worst possible things so far, nuking movement ability, and nerfed the fun that each class had being able to freely move around the battlefield.
    - if we could have one thing reverted, my vote is this. (Yes bosses spawning in full carebear mode are annoying as hell but these stamina changed really altered the pace of the game for the worse.)

The coin has literally been flipped to a completely opposite game playstyle, with many of these changes affecting the very nature of why we sunk hours in our classes.

Personally my thoughts on fixing it from here would be as follows (since I know returning to the previous fun game we had will never actually happen - too much pride in the devs to do so).
    - all CCs will always land
    - all classes have 3-4 short range pre awk CCs
    - all classes with a grab are normalized to valk level grab, or give the classes with terrible grabs zerk/warrior/ranger level grab
    - more SA protections in AWK stance from those pre awk CC.
    - rage skills should be fairly easy to get in PvP after 20-25 mins not 1hr+

I personally find PvP incredibly bland when AWK skills only do damage and have no cc effects in PvP, and other than returning to the old system I see no way to make that less bland now. But this is my biased opinion.

AZzalor and Iroha like this.
  2. TeRRoRibleOne

I think it's more now "either give us a completely tested final product or stop changing everything every week". They shouldn't be doing what they are doing weekly, it's dumb and it's been extremely obvious nothing is tested beforehand. This is why the argument of reverting till they actually have a finished product should probably be done since this game is not in either beta nor alpha, but a game that has been out for 2 yrs in which all of us paid for.

3. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 62 NA

I agree with the CC changes should Always land, but then maybe evasion should play a role in it again, cause it's so retarded that when you are not bein hit at all you can still be knocked down. It makes no sense and it just completely killed evasion (and thus accuracy with it).
    It would give us back variety in builds a little bit at least, cause now it's all about having the most DR and AP you can get.

4. Spartakatz

option 1 is google+youtube for some perma SA "rotation" which is by definition something brainless. CCs are automatic and included in that rotation.

option 2 is the need to use your skills in the right moment, timing becomes important

i don't need to think more than 2 seconds to find my favorite of those.

5. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

A wonderful change since they completely removed desync

6. Spartakatz

it's pure theoretical though, as I wasn't very motivated to try any pvp lately. i'm waiting until a couple weeks passed without patch notes in the size of a novel, that are about changing existing stuff.
    but i disliked the old stuff, so can't get much worse.

7. Iroha

Iroha Oregairu Musa 61 EU

On paper that sounds fine (although Option 1 was never brainless for most classes, and you're silly to believe that). I'd actually agree with you.

In reality, renown makes it so you can no longer outplay players that out-gear you, and CC resistances make it so your "important timing" doesn't mean **** if RNGesus decides so.

Skill matters less with this new system (Option 2) than it ever did with the old (Option 1).

HoloRE, Mesuka and Celensra like this.
  8. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

mmmm deliciously palpable sarcasm. :)

SnakeAttack and Iroha like this.
  9. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

People still trying to fix the dead Game and breaking their minds over "How could we fix it?"
    If you guys would put that energy into something better then this :s

10. xLightning

if you think option 1 was brainless youre just a trash tier pleb. who probably got dumpstered. Skill matters so much less now its not even funny. Youre are delusional if you think these changes make the game more skill based

11. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

deal with it, i dont trust player feedback from NA/EU servers, all you said i bet 100% is only so that your class gets a buff and/or an edge

12. Skarrlette

if anything it makes it even more so that your timing matters, if it CC's you go for it. if it doesn't you back down.
    but i do agree however that i don't think the RNG that comes with resistances is a good thing… especially since evasion doesn't affect CC's at all anymore. it's so retarded that you can't get hit, yet you will fall on the ground.

13. Iroha

Iroha Oregairu Musa 61 EU

Yeah, no.

It's more like this:

If it CCs, you go for it. If it doesn't, RNGesus decides if you can back down because you've opened yourself up for CC.

RNG CC Resistance needs to be removed in its entirety.

Don't know why you brought evasion into this. I guess your evasion build got nerfed so the only reason you care now is because these changes have negatively effected you.

14. ambyentlight

BDO is back in beta with its latest rework and as you all should know beta isent the same as a normal game release and will have many bugs and ballance issues to iron out.

Give it time.

15. Catastigma

BDO Vanilla was the best BDO.

Awakening and all other **** that was release after was a mistake.

16. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

Bull ****, learn your pre-awakening skill.
    Even after the changes on valk I easily count 7 cc skills and enough frontral guard or SA.

So i won't read your whole post because you are already talking non-sense in the first sentences , learn the game

Why do people talk **** and don't know the game.
    PA want you maybe to aslo use pre-awakening which was useless before changes?
    Use you brain.

17. Skarrlette

isn't that what i said though? that i don't think the RNG that comes with isn't a good idea.

and so it makes sense to you that you don't get hit at all, yet you will be knocked down?
    i think you are just too simple minded to have variety in this game, you just want 1 option, that way you don't have to think about gearing up and just do whatever the meta says

18. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

You missed the most important thing. The game has desync and giantic hitboxes, neither of which were fixed or will be fixed. SA/FGs were put in as a way to compensate that but now they've gutted those tool kits. Both systems are broken, but because you can't dodge attacks based on reflex alone due to the hitboxes, the old SA/FG system was far superior and had more potential for counter play. e.g. across certain GS, low HP come back, 2 vs 1 etc. Currently, there's far too much face tanking via superior GS and random CC for my liking.