1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you love most about BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, May 17, 2019.

1. Factorial

This is a thread for sharing things you absolutely love about BDO so that others (possibly new adventurers) can get a feel of what the game has to offer/look forward to when playing this absolutely amazing game. Listen, this thread is meant for a positive outlook on BDO. As such, please refrain from stating negative issues about the game which are most likely already posted somewhere else, multiple times. Thank you.

I think, hands down that BDO is probably tied for the best MMORPG ever made in my opinion. That is certainly true for me personally. Anyway, these are the things I love most about BDO.
    1. Combat system. The thing I enjoy most about BDO is the combat system. BDO moved away from Tab targeting into a skill-based system that utilizes command keys for using abilities. This allows for using skills in a combo much like a fighting game. As a result, battles are extremely dynamic, explosive, and tons of fun.
    2. Immersive world. The world of BDO is alive. It is filled with NPCs that make the world seem almost breathing. The environment, buildings, towns, places, etc., are truly life-like. Graphically, the game is unmatched. When you are walking down a road, you see traveling NPCs. You can even interact with some. When you go to a town, NPCs are doing things. It's not just static. Along with useful NPCs, you have completely useless NPC which, poetically oddly enough, add immense depth to the game. The world is also highly detailed.

2. zhagsten

The F3 button ofc, but I don't think your thread is in the right section. I think what you're doing is considered as roleplay.

t4mpel, Allan1985 and defaultnick85 like this.
  3. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

You stated the 2 only good things about bdo, time to close this thread.

Life2v, farsay, Allan1985 and 3 others like this.
  4. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Haha i was waiting for this.

5. SAROMON1989

The freedom of choice how I want to play the game.

6. defaultnick85

Complaining on the forums

t4mpel, Kurano and Smileybones like this.
  7. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Here's a 3rd thing: bewbs

But seriously, beautiful player characters and outfits with intricate details. It takes effort to make an ugly character. Truly the best looking characters of any game I've ever played. BDO is the best super model/waifu generator I've found to date. Some games may have a ton more customization options (i.e. Sims 4), but nothing comes close to looking as good.

8. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Incredible combat. Fun to dive in and grind mobs as well as lots of nuances to practice and perfect.

Long term goals that I can tackle at my leisure.

The fact that my meaningful gear gains stay meaningful. No BiS treadmill that changes every 3 months.

I personally love grinding. Ever since I was a kid I loved grinding in rpgs. I find it relaxing. So BDO perfectly scratches that itch for me

Tons of activities to do and places to explore.

I love the AFK options. I'm a working married adult and cant always grind or play 100% actively through the week.

I love the hard progression.... Don't care if it's unpopular. It makes successes thrilling. Either by luck or hrs of attempts

Beautiful visuals. Cool world. Never ending progression..... All these things help outweigh the many negatives that do exist for me.

9. Lillekolibri

BDO has the best combat of any game I've played. The character customization is so advanced that I feel a real connection with my character. Might sound weird to some people, but I actually care for my main, alot. I played World of Warcraft for 10 years and BDO feels more alive than WoW did when it had 10 million players. I don't know why, but the way this world is set up just makes it feel more alive. I also really love how you can make money while being afk or at work. With the worker system and afk fishing BDO has become a part of my day even if I'm not at home playing. I wish more people would try this game out and get the same magical feeling I have with this beautiful game. Immersion is also very good. I love the fact that you can't fly around and fast travel like many other games. Overal just a beautiful game in almost every aspect.

Stillwaters and CombatKiller like this.
  10. flukeSG1

I like that the game features full controller support.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

Character creation editor.

Edit: (bonus)
    [​IMG]

#11 Loriel, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    GreyRebel and Lillekolibri like this.
  12. Ben Phoenix

Graphics mostly. Horse breeding (even though frustrating).

Stillwaters and CombatKiller like this.
  13. Asterotis

Combat System
    Graphics
    Aesthetics of the world and clothing design
    Character Creation

CombatKiller and Josh28 like this.
  14. 2Cents

TET Gear has been relevant for about 2 years now. It won't win you every fight, and it's not suitable for the highest content, but it's viable for 95% of the game.

The skill rotation is also done correctly in BDO. Most games just spam 1 specific skill and barely utilize anything else. Most classes will need to use at least 4 skills in rotation to be efficient.

While this isn't just a BDO thing, it's a MAJOR improvement to the game industry.
    • No Buff Bots Needed
    • No multi boxing required

CombatKiller, Lillekolibri and JM like this.
  15. MalGuldur

The toxic environment that feels like the diablo 2 days.

Allan1985 likes this.
  16. Kusaragii

I've gotten pretty burnt out with BDO but I enjoy the graphics and combat. Graphics on the most part.. because even playing FF14 now I feel the graphics in 14 is archaic.

But aside from that, I'm pretty much at that stage where I feel no need to keep my PC on days on end especially with my guild dropping out of the siege scene, and barely anyone goes to wars now. So I just sea monster hunt and make crates these days.

Maybe one day my excitement for this game will be rekindled again. zzz Still a nice game to open up and just look at your character and the scenery. Sad that most of the time I have to play this game in optimized mode to have higher DPS.

#16 Kusaragii, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Thelemna likes this.
  17. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 1 NA

I love the pay 2 win aspect of the game, makes things spicy.

Columba and Chaos Ronin like this.
  18. Catastigma

Lifeskill.Combat,graphic, real open world without any instance.
    No limit of time/day for progress.

and the server chat.
    :D

19. easay9

The Graphics, world and the combat

The rest sucks play something else

BboydD likes this.
  20. Joungf

The courage of the devs experimenting with new stuff. Never saw a game that removes, changes the lore and quest line and add so much new mechanics and content. This high flexibility is incredible.

t4mpel, Stillwaters and MalTails like this.