1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you love most about BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, May 17, 2019.

1. Ateena

lol, nice one!

Findubar likes this.
  2. zhagsten

DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS! DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!DO IT BETTER! I COULD DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! HMMMPFF! DO IT BETTER! NOT LIKE THIS!

Immersive World™

Capitaine Courage and Findubar like this.
  3. Dreadhood

Dreadhood Musa 61 EU

Being able to not play the game, keep it in tray and quench my hoarder thrist.

4. Findubar

Learning about new and innovative ways to nickel and dime your customers with a low quality product.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Almost unmatched lifeskills mechanics and long term progression not letting you getting bored after a year because you reached cap/got BiS gear, have nothing left to do.

seanas likes this.
  6. Ratata

Combat sytem is good?You mean animations are good but combat system is rly bad.You cant dodge cc with shift like in continent of the ninth seal (only cc you can dodge with shift is grab and why would you even do it in this game cause it makes you vurnable to 6 other ranged cc) , then there is no tab targeting : wtf do you think its that auto aim.One shoting nw and sieges except when pa is up , instant cc from ranged without reaction to dodge the cc but how would you even dodge it with that auto aim except with sa or inv.ye grinding feels great when you braindeading mobs for 2 hours and pressing same old buttons without any chance to die.Gota admit combat system is rly great for ppl who like to press 2 buttons and feel like they did something that others cant do with same gear or so called skill.For instance some ppl would feel great with berserker pressing q , rc+lc then shift+space to rush into 5-10 ppl then press w+F to insta kill at least 5 of them without them to have any chance of seing it and reacting(im stating it of point of zerker cause i play it but any class has it and its ****ing disapointing that this **** is even in a game).
    For the end only things in BDO that i think are good are Animation, World , Profesions and Horses and i started it playing for pvp (i guess im out of this game soon since new bis weapons are coming and i was playing only for nw's and sieges and dont got time after 3 years to grind again for same old one shoting pvp).
    Sry for bad english .
    Gl to you all,this game was fun but when you wanna party pvp with some friends good old vanilla wow is coming :D

7. Kaecilia

Kaecilia Adelruna DarkKnight 57 EU

Pretty basic response but "meeting new people"

As nice as it is to wander a bustling city filled with NPCs it pales in comparison to making new friends randomly and grinding mobs together. This is my first MMO experience and it's been less than a week. I'm having a blast doing all the Black Spirit quests and I'm at level 55 right now. I spent hours last night with a new friend who took me to Helm and we just wreaked havoc. I think we both got so carried away that we lost track of time and only stopped at around 4am. Best experience in BDO to date!

blithelancer, Maginha and Smileybones like this.
  8. Khondo

I love the variety in the game, been playing since the start and still have things I have not done yet.

The knowledge system is brilliant, gives completionists like me a real warm fuzzy feeling.

The enchanting system. This is one of the best things about BDO, makes you work for your gear, instead of the game just giving it to you.

Maginha likes this.
  9. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

BTW could you make thread "What you hate most about BDO". I have long list for that purpose. :|

Just kidding. They would delete it anyway. ^-^

10. MalTails

MalTails MaleficTails Witch 61 NA
    Ambassador

What I love most about this game is the amazing community and the wonderful people I've met over time here. There are so many great guilds/communities for every style of play and personality. That's besides the in depth life skill system, gorgeous visuals, and unique combat system.
    I know I've met friends and communities brought together by BDO that I personally hope to know and love for a long time coming. Maybe even forever...ever...ever. *echo~* :o

Maginha likes this.
  11. Rickter

Rickter Ricktr Warrior 62 NA

The gameplay
    the interactive environment
    the lore
    the plot
    the graphics
    all the different lifeskills you can do
    the money management ideas
    the practice of real world economics
    the content on land
    the content on the seas
    the people
    all these beautiful things about this beautiful game to enjoy

12. venus212

Female characters .Stop tracking me and ask why.

Josh28 likes this.
  13. Ben Phoenix

[​IMG]

Couldn't resist, soory. :P

Maginha and Joungf like this.
  14. Viktor

It is required, if you for example wanna auto-exp horses and actually play the game in the same time. I miss multi boxing in this game.

Joungf likes this.
  15. Soulscar

The enchanting system.
    The forums.
    Daily rewards.
    World bosses.
    Failstacking.
    Artisan memories.
    Node wars.
    PvP.
    Awesome gear and class balance.
    Fair and skilled progression.
    AFK gaming.
    NPC AI.

Never ending entertainment with system wide advertisments telling everyone you just poped your 5th tri ogre. Sadly it doesn't rub it in further saying "Player X failed TET ogre on 234 stacks and is now considering buying an AR15". Would be nice having a sign above your name telling everyone how much real money you spent on the game converted into bit coin.....obviously.

But seriously if you don't pressure youself into competitive PvP the game is fun and lifeskilling is really diverse. Looks pretty and the character models are not SJW or feminist designed parodies, I doubt Korea is going to go down the EA route. If I have to put up with the most horrendous monetization every seen in a videogame to avoid RL politics it is a price well paid. Reminds me of the southpark episode "IT" is better than flying.

16. Joungf

I had the idea that while you play BDO you could do other tasks (worker, build, trade, breeding, horse training, ...) on a BDO-App on your smartphone or tablet.

Viktor likes this.
  17. Ambrotosia

Ambrotosia Lahn 58 NA

At least the thread lasted a day before the forum wankers arrived

Columba, Malkontent and Smileybones like this.
  18. Malkontent

The two reasons I love this game are the reasons I play.

1 The ability to progress without relying on 10-40 other people to show up prepared and on time.

2 The fact they dont reset my progress every 4-6 months.

19. Rayin

It did it 15 times just to exaggerate on purpose, but it did.
    • Full Grunil + Yuria > Boss Gear kicked in
    • +15 Gear (most likely standard yellow non-boss gear) + climbing the Accessory ladder > PRI DUO TRI TET PEN with downgrade, making the progress uneven.
    • Invisible Stats > Visible Stats changed everything, removing any possible theorycrafting and experiments, beside those on Hidden (or supposedly so) stats.
    • Vangertz/Leather Vambrace/Sayer/Helrick/Parrying Dagger etc... for PvP + Khutum for PvPvE > Nouver for pretty much everything.
    • ACC + EVA & Hybrid builds > Only AP so you could get an X amount of DR for free and DR in percentage through Renown + building DR for troll builds to be immortal against whoever didn't have 261+ AP while still being able to one shot with 230+ AP.
    • Caphras meta
    • AP + EVA injected with Caphras and top crystals. > (?) Black Star Weapon
    They basically did negate your progress many times, only if you had grinded since the beginning of the game mindlessly like a bot and got enough money to afford several sets fully enhanced to reach with those the "soft-cap" of that time, you didn't lose progress, but this was like 1% of population.
    Rest of players did lose their progress more than once with sudden meta shift, let alone the FOTM shifts through the time.

Fearless V and Ben Phoenix like this.
  20. Malkontent

No, just, no.

#40 Malkontent, May 19, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2019
    Maginha, Columba and Ambrotosia like this.