1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you love most about BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, May 17, 2019.

1. Rayin

What i like about the game:

- The community (In-game, Discord, Forum);
    - The graphic.;
    -

2. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

What I like about BDO?

There are three things I personally like about BDO. They are the visuals, and character creation. And the fact you can AFK progress faster than actively killing monsters. If your gear is bad like mines 234 AP and 276 DP.

3. Findubar

Wanking is fun. You should do it!

4. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

The NA community is pretty trash. I have yet to meet a decent active NA guild or community that wasn't abunch of anti-social beings. Or that couldn't bother listening to other opinions but their own.

I wish I could transfer my account to EU. It sounds like you guys are actually decent BDOers over there.

5. Dalenos

This is pretty much it if wasn't for the fact this game is a gank fest it would be perfect.

6. Rayin

Actually i was being sarcastic, there's no NA/EU, the whole world is as big as my pockets.
    Whoever doesn't speak in world chat or does its quest around is probably lovely, rest of people are either too self-absorbed to consider any other person, others are into fangirling people for their gearscore and bashing those who are below that and then there's the kind of person who just set the fire and loves to see the entire world burn only because he can.

Nothing is discouraged, especially in Official Discords, so if you want to have nice acquaintances visit sections that aren't General or Suggestion, same goes for the game itself, just find the guy at Manes who is shyly farming, those who roleplay, those who mind their own business, this is the actually community that you want to remember of BDO when you'll move away.

EU isn't different from NA, NA isn't different from EU. Even RU and KR are the same, it's just hard to tell because of language barriers, but some are in the Global Lab Discord and have legendary pottymouth that don't get slapped by any banhammer.
    Rotten apples are everywhere, there's no place, country, nation spared and that is true in games as in real life.

#46 Rayin, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Maginha, Ventesa and Ben Phoenix like this.
  7. Soulscar

Move servers and start again. I just did it myself after being on NA since release even after significant time and money investment. I moved exactly for the reasons you stated. I figured I would try a new player experience rather than join a guild with "safe space+" type restrictions on what you can say and do.

Last guild was enough for me, no naughty words, no politics, no arguing, no insulting, no diversity of opinion, no greifing, no karma bombing, no talking about anything that could be subjectively considered racist or homophobic and no vulgarity. Any of these violations will result in you kicked from the guild....not even joking a little bit. To add extra hilarity to these "rules" Must be willing to push hardcap and we pay 5 million a day..... considering it would take 1 year 1 month to replace a tri ogre at 5 million a day and soviet Russia didn't have as many restrictions on speech I would rather rub dog s*** in my eyes thanks.

Join EU servers NOW! Beats giving people brain, heart and lung aneurysms when you mention Trump. It beats all ^^^^ that noise even if you have to give up 600 euros in pets and reset your gear score, not as if you will ever reach hardcap without Bill Gates as your sponsor. If the playerbase is stopping your enjoyment of a game, change the playerbase. I wish all my old guildies were still playing but it is what it is. Consider it refugee status. Still some great people on NA servers so quite sad.

8. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

i love my Valk's gravity defying muscles, best thing ever

2019-05-19_173475341.JPG

wish i could T pose to show dominance

9. Ben Phoenix

As @Rayin said, unfortunately EU community isn't that great either except for some nice people who probably have the chat off, at least most of them. I learned pretty early why people do that.

#49 Ben Phoenix, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  10. Noixi

I remember 2 years ago posting threads on how wonderful bdo was.

But then awk came out.

I'm so burnt from the A#1 problem of no ranged dps, I frankly find it difficult to even allow others to post nice things without my copper's worth of GRIEF.

That said. The thing of bdo I do love is that it is not BALANCED MONGERED like WoW.

Or at least, for the moment, it is not BALANCED MONGERED.

11. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Jiggle Physics.

12. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

I just love the variety in game play, it's the main thing that's kept me engaged for a year straight. That in combination with long term goals have made this really satisfying to play. Building the Frigate, awakening my Pegasus, creating TET gear (hopefully some PEN's soon), finding opportunities in the economy to make money and just sometimes taking a break from it all to chop trees down or go into the ocean fishing.

I'm currently trying to see if I can grind out the archaeologist's map about 50 hours in and nothing so far :D

13. Whineseeker

The unreachable gap between nolifer who grind 5hr/day and normal people who "only" reached softcap (those n00bs).

14. Blitzball

I like grinding Mirumoks , because this is the only PVE group content in the game. It's also the best spot for EXP and money is nice too :)

15. Narktember

Narktember Narktember DarkKnight 61 NA

the graphic is good

16. gjknkn

Collecting stones and hoarding them in your inventory and see their item count rise from 10 all the way to 1 million. Pure entertainment.
    I can not think of anything else about BDO game...what!? there are other things to do in this game? like what?

17. XLucaX

The QQing in the forum. There are times I wake up and not knowing what to look forward too before work.. but then I login on the forum, and read the wall of QQing threads.

[​IMG]

Maginha, santso and Smileybones like this.
  18. Hyppocritten

Combat system and Workersystem are really great. Lifeskilling is good. Pretty much everything else is fine in BDO. Xept the fact u can steal from the strong without repercussions. That makes no sense.

Obviously I'm not a Top Dog in GS anymore. But you can't be a top dog in w/e you do without the proper time investment. Ppl lack to understand that on these forums and ingame. People want the same things for far less time investement then others. The game accommodates that and I find that respect is lost ingame.

19. santso

Forum salt

20. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

That isnt true, anybody with a visa card and 20k eur can reach that 580+ actually, even better buy an account.

Btw, no lifer is more about 8 to 14 hrs per day, launch days were fun.