1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you love most about BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, May 17, 2019.

1. Stillwaters

The ability to advance my characters without group content. Alot of games lock progressive behind group only content and it prevents me from getting past a certain point.

Plus horse breeding,catching etc. Worker system just too many great things to list. I've played since launch and I'm still here having fun

levinano, Ventesa and JM like this.
  2. NVG

NVG

I like enhancing to DUO. TRI and TET are fun too, but depressing most of the time. PEN is pure adrenaline. Sometimes I think I am an adrenaline junkie.

Except this, I like turning my graphics settings to max and flying with PEGASUS from one mountain to another.

3. Stillwaters

Although I've met some nice people here in NA ,I'd have to agree from my experience eu is less toxic and more friendly.

I played Aion from Eu perento server for a year before game forge took over and I started over in na.
    The community in Eu was awesome,hell a bunch of people found out I was working out of town on our 4th of july holiday,so they all bought in game fireworks and lit up the square in pandemonium that night with my wife and we celebrated together even though I was 8 hrs from home and a big time difference from them.

Also had a random member of our faction hear my pleas for a res close to a town that I needed to bond to; and he made a series of ports,and flights to ress me and kill the elyos so I could get the new bind point.

There's tons more great memories from my time on Eu, and I still have some of those friends on facebook

levinano and Maginha like this.
  4. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

Pretty much those exact two points, however I will add;

3. Lifeskilling. This is always one of my fav things in games. I feel lifeskills in bdo are great, but could be improved slighty. Gathering is wonderful, I love being able to gather pretty much everything, and the resources are abundant. Horse training is unique, I feel this could be improved immensely..and has so much potential...but even with it's faults I enjoy it. what I absolutely love: I.DONT.HAVE.TO.PLAY, during certain lifeskills, like fishing/cooking/processing.

4. The node system/worker network, This function is really interesting and nice. I just like it a lot, and helps with gathering materials/makes it less time consuming/tedious.

Factorial and Fearless V like this.
  5. Corsix

the large number of political scholars on server chat

TheYoda, Factorial and defaultnick85 like this.
  6. Prochilles

That one day many mmorpgs from now I will lookback and not remember all the frustrating crap the game and forum mods had put me through but instead remember only those few moments I ignorantly thought the game was truly amazing.

7. Traxxle

1. Large open world, great for exploring.
    2. Graphics.
    3. Lifeskills, fishing especially.
    4. Limits on PVP. If you're minding your own business out in the world somewhere, you're usually safe from idiots.
    5. Solo play is viable. No glass ceiling for solo players and content isn't locked behind group dungeons/ raids.

8. Ben Phoenix

Another thing I like is the community, especially those who spread hate and pour salt on forums then call others toxic. =)

Phoenixxx75 and Joungf like this.
  9. The Gray Lady

I thought about this for a while before I posted because I've only been in the game for a few months, whereas so many of you have been here for much longer. So, at this point in my BDO "career" here is my "Top 10" list:

1. Graphics. When I first saw the game for myself and not a Youtube video, I was amazed. Things I had thought were the CGI adverts that "other games" use to draw one in were actual in-game graphics that blew me away on day one, hour one. It's absolutely gorgeous.
    2. Combat. When I got used to the fact that I didn't have to have 15 skillbars and play the piano to be able to kill mobs, I was thrilled. All I have to do is aim my character at my target and the combat flows.
    3. The World. No "zones" to load, no barriers between areas that you have to access. I can literally walk from Port Epheria to Valencia if I choose to do so without having to wait one second for a zone to load.
    4. Things to do. I am and adult with OCD (the real one, not the meme) and ADD (again, the real one.) My unique blend of disorders means that certain things appeal to me. My in-game house is meticulously planned and arranged. If I get "itchy" to stop arranging my living room, I can go catch horses, or farm wheat, or kill bandits, or take a wagon from Olvia to Heidel, or quest, or simply ride my horse over "there" and see what's beyond that funny looking rock. In other words, there are aspects of this game that soothe both parts of my issues.
    5. Lifeskilling. I have played a lot of games where you have a choice between combat or "crafting." This game isn't a mashup of less than stellar RNG crafting for gears. In this game there is literally so many skills and (for lack of a better word) "occupations" that mean there is always a wealth of things to do.
    6. No Rats.This is very personal to me: So far, in my progression, there has not been any rats to kill. While I don't care whether or not I have KTR quests, I do not like literal rats. No big thing, but there it is.
    7. No real level cap. Believe it or not, this is absolutely liberating for me. The fact that there's not a point in my characters' futures that means my journey is over is something that frees me to do all the other things in the game. So many times I have played games where I have been one of those who "run like hell to the end" and than stand around looking for something to do. I just don't do that here. Knowing that I can keep going beyond "level cap" is a beautiful thing.
    8. Individualization. I don't even know if that's a word, but who cares? I love the way my character doesn't look like any other character in the game. Yes, there are those who maybe chose the same hair, or the same tattoos, but like in life, but they still don't look exactly the way I do. I don't have to see the nametag to recognize my friends. I know them by their avatar.
    9. Outfits. Yes, I play fashion wars. I have always played fashion wars. Don't like it? Sue me.
    10. Community. I belong to a great guild. They are some of the most friendly and helpful people I have ever come across. There has also been random people that have whispered me and said, "Hey, good job, but here's a way to improve." I had one player who dropped what they were doing and spent roughly 2 hours with me teaching me how to correctly play my character at that point in its progression. I didn't know this person from Adam's Cat, but they didn't care about that. Their sole purpose in that moment was to help another player. Don't get me wrong. There will always be trolls. I have trolled people occasionally myself. It's part of the game. The thing is that if we were all perfectly genteel, we'd be pretty f'n boring! The trolls in our life sometimes make it interesting. Besides... Someone was wrong on the internets. I MUST respond and inform them of their error!

TL;DR:
    Even with the RNG issues and everything else, BDO is still the best game out there for me. YMMV
    Sorry for the Wall O' Text

Phoenixxx75 and Ventesa like this.
  10. t4mpel

Best thing for me is not relying on other players. I hate it to wait for a raidgroup, i want progress when i want.

Malkontent likes this.
  11. TuFFGoNG

No fast travel...:D:D

12. Capitaine Courage

The seamless world.

That's it.

13. Joungf

2019-05-08_15694871.JPG

2019-05-07_506366.JPG

The realistic lights, reflection and refraction. Way more better than RTX .... ;-P

zhagsten, Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  14. Capitaine Courage

Well, yeah, that's basically what the sky looks like during a nuke.

15. Ben Phoenix

Haha this made me laugh badly XD

Joungf likes this.
  16. Joungf

Do not underestimate the nuclear power of the sun. It is a nuke, at least the devs thought so when they implemented remastered mode ...

Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

What I like is people who white knight users that have admitted publicly and on several occasions being toxic. =)

18. Ben Phoenix

What I like is people who white knight other users without even knowing what they are talking about, just for the sake of being annoying =)

Anyway, you are going to join my ignore list cause yeah, you can't get over yourself and I dislike people like you, just like you dislike people like me. Our right after all =)

#78 Ben Phoenix, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  19. RIPTOR

The hack and slash combat system and the memory of the good old times out of P2W extreme and retarded unbalanced state of the game when everyone can get the same gear lv out of the cashshop, when you kill another player and he loss exp, when your guild shoot a war and everyone go to fight on both guilds, these good old times not that meme thats is now :V

20. runbat

runbat 1

I like the pearlshop and toxicity of the playerbase

zhagsten likes this.