1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's gonna happenn for DP ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Anvorka, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Anvorka

Anvorka Warrior 62 EU

I'm doing this thread to talk about DP issue.

So it's gonna be one week since the UP / NERF ratio and UP / NERF AWAK - SUCC.
    So actually everyone is glass cannon (more than before).

Simple exemple, I'm a warrior 274/275 AP and I can one combo 360 DP people with simple combo.
    And it's the same for me, I can be destroyed easily.

Maybe, you check the Q & A and the Heidel Bal, PA said two important things.

First one : They are gonna UP basic ACC of everyclass. And I'm not talking about ACC on spell but your class basic ACC. They are gonna do that to counter EVA I think.

Second one: They talked about Caphras, BS; Death God armor and the efficiency of DP. So we don't know if they are gonna UP DR ? Rework DP DR EVA ?

So, what's their plan about DP ?

#1 Anvorka, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Souda, Blitzball, Jinoro and 3 others like this.
  2. Amirite

Have there ever been a plan for DP in this game???

I really wish they worked on the same page with the attack and defense and made PvP a bit more fun instead of those 1 shot kills we always here about, but the issue is just not DP is the overall game mechanic for each class and that your armor does very little.I hear what OP say's and would cool with some more info and work on that field.

I miss a pvp fights that last longer then 2 sec. Only real fight i was in lasted around 5 min, but that was in the early days of BDO.

3. LightningFFXIII-4

If they did expect it live in NA servers by 2024.

4. Anvorka

Anvorka Warrior 62 EU

Read the Q & A, you'll see a part with ACC and EVA. So yes actually they want to do something but after succ and awak rework / balance / nerf / up. Me too I miss a pvp which is not full dmg meta.

But the thing is, when the awakening and succession's rework will it be over ? 'Cause at the moment what they did was to put more DMG. And we have this problem 'cause players want more DMG. When PA nerfs a class; KR players are boycotting the game. So PA doesn't nerf but UP. That's the reason why we got the ratio.

The mentality of players made PA does mistakes. And contents too. PA has creat a game and a community which made any reworks or new things hard. When PA reworks, they need to nerf or up. When they add new area, they need to make up profitable 'cause if not, players will leave.

PA said they'll never add dungeons and now they are crying 'cause they didn't it. Players don't want it too. They want lazy contents to do lazy money like lifeskill, ez farm area and LAZY PVP. Btw by dungeons I mean more area groups.

Skol600ml and Ezikeo like this.
  5. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Well what's probably gonna happen is the same thing when everyone became ap monkeys. They gonna buff dp to much to the point where you need 320ap to even scratch people. So then the only classes worth playing would be fotm classes. The only way they gonna be able to balance PVP is remove the open world and force node wars with extreme restrictions.

Jinoro, Fearless V and Hondo_Lane like this.
  6. Anvorka

Anvorka Warrior 62 EU

That can be a good thing lol.

Jinoro likes this.
  7. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

It would be cause then people would be required to actually play the class and learn it instead of relying on gear

ShadowFairy and Jinoro like this.
  8. Artorias_Dusk

I think right now pvp is only fun for people with full Pen armor c9. Everyone else dies by aoes on the battlefield.

9. warriors

warriors Okimura Mystic 62 EU

DP is just a meme, it's so useless.. And PA want nerf Eva and DR...
    Must classes can kill 360dp with just 26x AP en 3 secondes.. Where is the fun with this?
    And why other classes can't do this?

Part where PA talk about DR and Eva :

To be frank, this is what we debate about the most internally. Black Desert’s evasion system at its core will ignore an opponent’s attack all together, which makes accuracy incredibly important from the opponent’s perspective. However, while accuracy can be gained from gear, there also exists a discrepancy depending on the skill effects of each class. What we’re considering is giving all classes more basic accuracy, along with changing the accuracy number for skill effects, so there isn’t that much of a gap between skills, and changing evasion from avoiding all damage to some damage (e.g. evading takes only 1/10 of damage instead). As for damage reduction, we are discussing various possibilities, including supplementing defensive skills with additional effects like with accuracy or even a formula of maximizing damage reduction effects through add-ons.
    However, we haven’t been able to easily come to a decision due to how much of an impact they have to the game. Even though we haven’t decided upon what exact method we’ll take, we won’t give up, and we’ll continue holding discussions until we come to an answer. If you have any good suggestions like these questions, please feel free to submit a ticket to our Support, and we’ll read them all closely.

Anvorka and Fateneko like this.
  10. Andaro

Ambassador

Jae did ask in the HBall that we bear with them while they solve the DP Issue. They acknowledged that it was an issue and they were working on a solution, and apologized that we would suffer some stress due to the current patch changes, before they release the DP changes.

ShadowFairy likes this.
  11. Factorial

The AP meta is going to stay. Unfortunately, if DP becomes as potent as AP, you will start seeing classes that just can't be killed. No one wants that.

It's better when everyone can kill each other easy versus having unkillable people running around.

Life2v, Vortexii and Wollbert like this.
  12. Mattys

The roots of the problem are far deeper. There's hp potion which can be spammed every 2 sec, there's lots of sustain skills with barely no cooldowns.
    That's just one example. There's far more questionable stuff, when we are talking about balancing DP and making it actually viable.

If they buff DP, yes that's true people won't be able to kill each other. They would need to rework the healing mechanism in order to buff DP.
    Yes DP needs buff, it's in very bad state now, but in order to balance it. It needs more than just rework the DP.

Life2v, Jinoro, Ezikeo and 2 others like this.
  13. RandomHajile

I think it'd be nice to have to have a coordinated attack to secure a kill or have a battle of more than one or two engagements in a 1v1, but that's just me...

Fateneko and Jinoro like this.
  14. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

People tend to forget that upgrade goes up to Caphra LVL 20.
    You can even have 350 AP, you can't 1 combo someone with PEN lvl 20 equip.

You think too small, you need to go the global server play full PEN LVL+20 caphra to understand what the Dev see.
    Dp is already strong. tweaking it now would make impossible to kill people.

Most of the people here never went to the global lab, but make complaint about things they don't fully understand.

I am sad to tell you this, but DP is fine as it is.

15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

first of all, they need to seriously reduce ******** damage on classes like warrior that are basically supposed to be bruisers. :p

Mattys, Fearless V and Jinoro like this.
  16. Diepel

Then I want SAs which are not like a swiss cheese please. And a block that does not break on the first sneeze.

Souda and Jinoro like this.
  17. Amirite

We don't forget and don't think to small, but the amount of people having full Pen with all caphra is very small looking at the overall player base, so if PA is only looking at what you're saying, then they do it wrong.

Most of the people can't go to Global Lab???? Not sure where you are getting at this...

I am happy to tell you, that DP is not fine.

Chaos Ronin and Jinoro like this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

They could lower caphras req by few times, that would push people to way more similiar dp levels

Amirite and Jinoro like this.
  19. Vanraven

I think the game just needs a nice healthy balanced. If a character can't be killed then they should do no damage either. If a character does massive damage then they should take massive damage. In case of tanky support classes, then like every other mmorpg they should take coordination to beat by shutting them down while other players kill their party.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  20. Anvorka

Anvorka Warrior 62 EU

Impossible to do. Like I said, if you balance AP / DP, players will boycott the game. KR players first and after the rest. Too many players like to do one spell and kill 10 players.

But yes we need it.