1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the game got against horse training???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Vaylen84, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Vaylen84

I dont get it. I can stay logged in all day and play no problem, no DC's. I can afk fish all day and night, no DC.
    But the MOMENT I try to train horses, I get DC'd within minutes of traying..Why is this? Its making it impossible to train horses.

Anyone else having this kind of issue?

VasilisD and Lofty like this.
  2. LeGeNdOfGoW

3. Rasa

A galloping horse has more moving parts and variables around it as it moves than an AFK fisher possibly? I got nothing about your game play and all the variables involved in that. .02

4. iller

Your bandwidth is probably getting blown out because you're trying to autopath in Heidel like every other *** **** in the game who doesn't realize that there's much better places to not just stable your horses but also to set multi-waypoint paths (even if it means leaving the safe zone and getting on a lower pop channel for the night)

I'm not kidding about Channels / Sectors making a difference either. I come back from the game minimized to a desynched wagon all the time if I'm on the wrong channel or too close to a laggy crowded server region. It's just a fact of life that BDO's netcoding and hosting doesn't play well with some of the crappy routing through COXnet. So depending on your ISP, you're gonna have a real "RNG experience" after every single patch update for days to come and the only thing you can do is try to guess which channel and region won't D/c or Desynch you

#4 iller, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  5. Grizabella

Best way to level horses is to find a loop that you rarely see horses or wagons on. That rules out Heidel entirely.

iller likes this.
  6. Claydough

Nah its somthing with the auto loop feature i think

My pc refuses to let me autoloop, itll dc me every single night without fail

However, when im fishing or processing and active playing, i can literally go for a week straight, maint to maint without a dc

7. Caexx

Never once have i been dced auto looping since it was implemented :|

8. PandoraRose

Don't loop down the west road outside of Heidel. It's horrible for desync. You can always try the road along the ocean between Velia and Olvia?
    Otherwise as Rasa said, it may be your PC being unable to deal with so much movement for so long in crowded areas, so as others said try and find a less populated area.

9. Ravare

AFK fishing requires you to stay in one spot for the entire time.

Horse training requires you to move across the map and run into periodic potential desync areas.

Its the same as when you are riding somewhere and you hit a random loading screen on the road. Its something with movement vs being stationary in a city.

10. Khruk

Have you tried to minimize to the task bar to reduce resources?

11. AlnilamE

That unfortunately does not avoid loading screens. In some cases, the loading screen will bring your game out of being minimized.

As others have said, finding a spot with not a lot of traffic is helpful.

12. Jaeoii

Right now, I've been running from Olivia to Heidel but on the side road where the er...goblins? are and most of the time I'm fine as I'm not going directly into the city.

13. Slabby

Here's a thought. They fix the damn game.

14. Shinee

Number one for AFK riding: Do not do there you have much graphic actions, and there you need load many new areas (you shift from one area to other and the game need do loading). The worst place to do AFK riding is around Heidel, not only for this two issues, but even from the aspect other player can attack you, and your auto ride is broken. Please found a peaceful place there you have no much graphic traffic, no many area swift/loads, and very little player. But check that you not have any animals on the way, because even they can break your auto ride.

15. Alexandrious

RNG, and the game will do whatever it takes however long it takes to make you scream, crawl, claw and fight your way to your magical majestic dream of a Pegasus. It will disconnect you too! So I bid you, like many others.....
    [​IMG]

16. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

If you aren't in safezone where there is tons of lag and desinch you will be in pvp zone where i will come and ram you .
    Going from olvia to north side till calpheon only to ram 5-10 players per day .
    Once 1 player was in same place for 14 hours ... I bet he was pissed off ...
    You try to make money afk , and sometimes you make up to 250mil per night with luck so nope i won't atop ramming you , i do not want you to be more op than me

17. AlnilamE

How does one make 250 million per night afk riding? Does your horse poop T8s?

18. Escapism

If you spent more time making some money instead of searching for other players who you believe are making more than you which you can grief, you could perhaps match their income, which btw you are overestimating hardcore.

19. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

I do not do this as religiously as you but I do it from time to time.

It's fun.

20. AlnilamE

So let's all go afk ride in Heidel. It's less efficient because the loop is short, but who cares about other players' FPS, right? :-P

(I don't afk in Heidel often, only if I'm just short of my target level, but I've never had a load screen within city bounds)

VasilisD likes this.