1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the problem with "Ghillie" suits?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nubiwan, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Nubiwan

I got a Ghillie suit for my main life-skill character thinking it would help with gathering.

This was before I learned that griefers (Pro-PVP players) are ... 'annoyed' by people who wear them. My main is level-49 archer who only goes out in the wild to gather resources.
    However, I'm thinking of leveling up - instead of starting a new character.

Is my Ghillie suit going to trigger the griefers?

TIA

2. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

it hides your nametag, so you are looking like some npc. thats the reason noone will see you on spots and they just go over you.
    hiding nametags is a huge factor in pvp, so its a huge p2w advantage. people only wear it for this advantage since noone cares about one gathering level at some point and it is a fkin ugly outfit as well.

TucoRamires likes this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

only dicks use ghillies in open world (unless u put one on coz the other dude is using).

in rbf its kinda obligatory co u kinda HAVE to fight fire with fire.

4. BuShiDo

I think if you are going to complain about ghillie suits then ask PA to remove ninja/kuno stealth. Why stop your whining at just the ghillie? Just go all out.

5. zhagsten

No.

6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

It is impossible for a ninja or kuno to stay in stealth at all times.

7. Hekki

It was first P2W item in game and it was first thing people complained and still complaining from years. Kakao do nothing because they are greedy and they does not care if some % of people leave game because of it while more % just buy this ****.

8. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

You can't make a difference between a specific skill from a class, and a paying advantage sold to any player?
    I'd even say it is a clear lack of respect for developer's work, as giving this skill to some specific classes was part of the balance.

9. Sandpit_

IMO it's the only real p2w thing in the game as there is no way to get that advantage in game.

10. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Don't forget tailoring coupon, bonus stats. Even if you can buy it on marketplace, it still comes from a CS purchase.

And no, sending some as a "gift" once does not change anything, it is only a way to show players the paying advantage it gives, they already did it with VP, Old moon and so on.
    Don't believe in their kindness, it is manipulation.

11. LiquidEmotion

It basically gives you an edge in PvP by making you harder to spot.

12. Sandpit_

Sort of true, but the benefits that gives can be got in other ways. Depends on how you define p2w ,for me it's anything that I can't get in any way without getting my cash out; and that gives an advantage

IWalkAlone likes this.
  13. Kripion

Well i use desert camo on my archer along with karlstein and shoudad, and i find desert camo as one of the best looking costumes archer have (to tell the truth he doesnt have too much to pick...). Its not for hiding my name but for a look (if i could make a slot in it and lose hiding option i would do so...)

#13 Kripion, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  14. Korvgubben

I've always refered to it as the "Griefer suit". People that just walk in and start to gather on top of you always used to wear it. Ofc this was before shai was introduced in the game and it has now completely taken over as the number 1 griefing class when it comes to spot-related life skills.

15. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

The game is already full of effects, many classes as they move are invisible, including the bug of the color that makes you green instead of red, the almost invisible white, sincerely I would suggest that to remove ghillies and give back pearls, the pvp it would be fairer without :) but will never happen..

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they dont have to give back pearls. i would retain its anonymity, just not technical "invisibility"

17. Blitzball

It was already suggested to bring back the nameplate but with something like « Unknown Adventurer » instead of the real name :D

Eternal2nd likes this.
  18. Nubiwan

Thanks Folks - helpful info. ( I didn't even know you needed a name to PK someone )

19. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

It would be fine if the visibility were at least equal to a player without a guild, however seeing the writing on the head that makes it much easier to identify an objective, as you say keeping a name like "unknowplayer", and already it would be fine, but you know that there they are various objects to make them visible and logically they should be removed, in which case it would be difficult to report a bot that will use the ghillie.
    The red color name would also solve the problem of green-tinted ghillie or colors that overwrite red that become an extra trick.

20. yukishiro1

Ah, I remember when ghillie suit was the only real P2W in the game, and it would generate hundreds of pages long rants on this forum about how it was showing how PA was really a P2W company, with tons of white knights insisting that that was not the case and PA would never put P2W into the game and people who said ghillie suits were P2W were just bad players.

Seems so quaint now.