1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's your pen failstack people?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by venus212, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

Trolololol LOL hahah! How this little innocent thread eventually and certainly turned into just another "P2W" turd. Whatever.

The REALLY funny part though is all those "too wise old timers" here, very conveniently forgetting some simple facts from the early days of BDO in NA / EU. Why am I even trying though, when people do indeed have their very own agenda to support. And it is not even "P2W" itself that matters anymore, if it ever mattered. What does matter though is all the BROKEN PROMISES even when the game was not officially released yet, and shortly after and during the course of the first months / year.

How, in the NA / EU version, we would NEVER receive certain cash shop items because "our version" would be different and tailored to our "western needs". Fortunately there are still archives (I think?) where one can search and find all the data and "proof" they would need, from the most official sources too, nope I certainly wouldn't direct anyone there for the nth time.

It is really sad to see all this crap STILL raging in this very Forum even in the year 2020, in the end it all started a long time ago, it started the wrong way, it kept going the wrong way, and here we are today, and you know what, ALL of us still here supported it one way or another, even by just logging in, so much for all those "free players" and whatnot. Bah!

MoonDance17 likes this.
  2. Marshallx

This is the funnest game Ive ever played.

3. Khondo

Why the hell should he? I am so sick of these constant discussions about whether player X is spending Y. It is their game, they play it how they want. Ohdear has commented and shown how much he spends, good for him. What other people think does not matter.

We all agree you can spend heaps of money to play BDO, or you can spend none. It should not matter what we all pay. If it does, you need to go back and play single player games and stick to working out the value of the game versus the hours you get to play it. I am happy to let you all know that my current spend on BDO is $1.90 per day. This is based on my life skill toon that currently has 1056 game days played.

BLOODY CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT

4. PancakeRift

Thats called smoke before the fire MoonDance...

You ignored the smoke, dont complain about getting burned.

5. Desert Weasel

I've never been able to failstack passed DUO.
    Just don't have the time to put into the failstack game to bother trying, especially with Assecories. Just to much risk at losing what you have.

I've spent millions buying TRI replacements for all my DUO gear all thanks to my earnings from fishing, and after last years two fishing events I replaced my Tri Kzarka with a TET and after this last spring fishing event this year, I was able to buy a TET replacement for my Awakened weapon.

But I doubt I'll ever go PEN on anything.
    Its just to much effort, and takes too much time, to bother trying, and the silver investment is just way to high.

Especially at age 45, spend too much time working... and then come home, cook dinner and then falling asleep in your favorite chair with NCIS reruns on the TV...

Then wake up with just enough time to do the dishes, pay the bills and tend to a few chores, and then maybe you have enough time get back on BDO deal with your life skills before its bedtime and then back to work...

#125 Desert Weasel, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

What a load if rubbish.

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You mean gambling CAN be bloody cheap entertainment.
    The reason people complain is because we want the p2w gambling removed. It creates paywalls for those who only have time in their whole playing career for say 6 PEN attempts. It creates artificial gear gaps, it just does alot of bad stuff for the game when PA monetizes with gambling like this, and ties it to progression.

Alot of people feel betrayed.

As for Biohack, he shouldn't for personal gain. But he should reveal that it does requires someone to finance the gambling attempts for success. Its healthier for the game if more people understand what they are getting into and he seems to command a high audience.

The industry needs to move more toward, tokens being spent for entertainment, rather then being gambled lootbox style for progression. Unless you have a gambling addiction like me and just need stuff like this to satisfy that itch.

#127 Kynreaa, Aug 8, 2020
  8. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Dude,nitpicking imply you fully understood the meaning of the paragraph and deforming sufficiently the text into smaller chunk without altering the meaning of the writer,then answer those chunck of text without being out of touch with the paragraph....You completely shown to any reader you didnt understood a 1/4 of the meaning of a single paragraph.

[......]
    There'is NO WAYS TO ABSORB ANY BLOW TO ENHANCE PEN WITH OUR "AVERAGE",THE CURRENT MP PRICE AND THE CURRENT NUMBER OF CRONS REQUIRED TO SAFE ENHANCE WITHOUT RMT' CRONES.
    Here i laid out for,as it is apparent you were only feed from other without understanding a single thing of their words.Because you dont even master your own writing subject ASK BIOHACK WHAT I WROTE AND IF HE TRULY HIDE ONLY BEHIND MATH HE WILL CONFIRM WHAT I WROTE.ALSO ASK HIM TO EXPLAIN TO YOU THE MEANINGS OF MY PARAGRAPHS.

s

Its a warning for people to not come to embarass themselves on a post made with the utmost seriousness.
    Its a warning for people to prepare themselve for the best they can to chime in a possible game altering post.

Its a warning for people to promote themselves to be my equal on game knowledge if they prove themselves to be sufficiently knowledgeable of the current state of the game and if they master their subjects,so we can become a force to be reckonned in the eye of PA.
    And here you are proving yourself to be the worst one out of people i tried to promote....

I dont have any power on this forum but PA acknowledged from time to time my knowledge about their game and you can see it by checking the timeline of my posts history with the timeline of in-game change + what the devs say on their show.

@Alterist @Mod
    Can you answer why a text of 10 ish lines which was 100% objective and 100% the depiction of reality was deleted?
    Is it because it was too embarassing for him?Is it because it was considered a "PVP" post despite being only the depiction of the reality+lecturing him how to properly read my post because the dude dont have a single correct basis for a discussion,and i'm forced to always lecture him on all my subsequent answers?
    If it was too embarassing for him why didnt you (you as mod team) deleted his reply to my wall of text to avoid burning himself?

Do you use bot to moderate the forum after people was flagged for moderations?!

PS:Excuse any long underline cause the editor went ham and i cant disable this thing.

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

"Ask how to PEN enhance without RMT's? As I said earlier you gotta use stricter maths & have more silver to absorb the blows. I'm not good enough at maths to do it to be honest. As I said earlier, id just go ahead and make accessories for profit since the TET Price market is out of balance with the success rate depending on the accessory."

Well for one its not math, its gambling..once you understand that then the formula becomes clear. P2W more tokens to gamble with, for the jackpot. Just because he didnt reach into his pocket for the money, doesent mean its not p2w.

#129 Kynreaa, Aug 8, 2020
  10. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

upload_2020-8-8_13-52-24.png

should take you between 13 and 28 PEN clicks... else you are doomed

In other words. buy 28 times the same weapon on TET and get a 100 failstack and click 28 times. then u have pen with a 90% chance.

11. Khondo

Once again if you want to get that stupid for a definition of gambling. Gambling = Life, you gamble every morning when you wake up and get out of bed.

BDO is what it is, you don't like it, that's fine, move on. The rest of us will continue to have fun and are willing to pay for that fun.

12. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Gambler fallacy.

Fearless V and Boink like this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

LOL, maybe everyday life for YOU is a gamble. But not everyone is that incompetent.
    You can make a game where when you pay for something...you get it. When you invest time, you progress, etc.

Not it cost time to have a chance at progression, or you gotta use the marketplace to purchase others gambling success.

#133 Kynreaa, Aug 8, 2020
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  14. Sisyphe

Pen Dandelion around 150 FS
    Pen Dim Tree 112 FS
    Pen Gryfon 112FS

15. PancakeRift

Incorrect use of the term "gambler fallacy" by the way. For it to be a fallacy the house must have the odds in their favour. Where in BDO, the odds are in your favour if you correlate average PEN enhancing cost to outright buying the item.

If done right you are more likely to make a PEN cheaper than its market place value.

16. PancakeRift

Yeah well dyslexia is a *****. Your English skills are just as lazy as mine. So expect me to misunderstand some things with being that sloppy. You are welcome to clarify what you think I misunderstood.

Incorrect, but to be real. Couldnt care less if you choose to be wrong. I have made a profit with this basic law of averages. Stay stuck sub-600 gs dude. Just dont complain about players who out gear you.

K.

To be your equal on game knowledge. Narcissistic and an egomaniac. I really should have picked that up earlier. You type of mental state can never be wrong in your own mind. I'm just wasting my time with you. This is pretty good content though.

Acknowledgement isnt always a positive.

Man you really do lack humility & self awareness. This quote speaks volumes about the kind of human you are. Its not a positive vibe to be putting out my guy. I'd imagine if you act like this irl you face a lot of adversity and struggle to connect with people on a real level. I dont mean any disrespect by this but maybe you should seek professional help. Because this kind of mental pattern isnt healthy for your own happiness and future.

17. PancakeRift

Please explain?

18. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

I'm speechless....

19. Boink

It's funny you talk about self-awareness yet you don't even try to reflect what you said. Yet you still haven't provided a single example how 3-6% becomes profitable

Again using the same mathematical equation you provided If the jackpot goes up to 700m or 800m is it "profitable" buying one ticket when the odds of winning is 1 out of 298m

Still no screenshots or video of expenditures? Thought so.

This is a prime example of Gambler's Fallacy.

Just the same that happened in 1913 Monte Carlo. Where people predicted it will be Black because of the set accumulation of RED. The truth, however, is that those people were part of that 50% of the population that lost or failed to win. (I didn't count the "house edge" back then) Each of which is individual rolls because of a set wager.

This explains why we have a thing called Bell Curve it explains the numbers of people will have different results formulating a curve. The "Laws Of Large Numbers" guarantees an "average". Where "if" you don't have 0 wager or "unlimited" "cough cough unlimited crons like... Ohdear" wager you will reach the "average". It will also give you a formula on how many times you need to roll roulette to hit the average. Just the same what happened in Monte Carlo 1913. It doesn't create an exception.

Because we are having a discussion on how is this player producing the same results as Ohdear, with the same action as Ohdear, with the same different amount of pearls shown like Ohdear. While he claims he doesn't p2w.

dobe likes this.
  20. Boink

Lol jackpot.

Fearless V and dobe like this.