1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does wiz get decent?

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by XkiviX, Nov 10, 2019.

1. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 60 EU

I'm a noob. I've never played wizard. I'm an Archer main, well I was. Until I went berserker, ****ed my gear and then though, ya all know what would be fun? Fire. Gimme fire. And abs so I went wiz. Got his awakening and hyped like yeah! I'm finally the mage, just to grind 15 times slower, take more damage! Exciting! Because I'm not at softcap yet, decided to make a trial one for arena training and some rbf fun? Hmm. So, when does wiz get decent? Because oh god I do like 5℅hp a hit and my archer with same gear actually kills. I heard that wiz scaling is crap but oh Lord how bad is it really?

Also read my post with dramatic drama queen voice.

2. reconkangas

Witch/wiz are a class of there own.. I mained a witch for a while. Grinding is not fun until you hit more high level gear even then well there is no light at the end of the tunnel for PVE.

Pvp wise is a whole other story no other class is as versatile as the wiz.. GVG king and with the right amount of SP and gear 1v1 they are a holy terror.

But you have to have a firm grasp on the class and understand how to use it properly. A poorly trained wiz or witch is just a speed bump.

But as far as damage goes at soft cap your hitting pretty dang hard but soon as you cross the 269 pre awakening OUCH is a good word.. it only gets better from here a witch/ wiz at 280ap 330 dp is a whole other level by itself. Hard to kill hard to catch and for some classes like a archer dead on arrival.. archer is not even threat to a wiz.

Wiz has a massive amount of upside and you will also have a pick of top end guilds always needing support classes.. yes it's a pain in the butt right now but if you like the class that is a great start.

3. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 60 EU

Thanks, needed to hear that, I was about to sell stuff and go back on archer. Because damn it's slow. I mean yeah I only just got the awakening and all but after testing it on trial and seeing like 9 damage dealt, wooh but thanks I'll keep moving forward

4. reconkangas

the dummies are gonna be your friend lol.. especially for that much needed SP.. make sure you get on discord for wiz there is a guid that is very helpfull on skills specifically points to what when.. here is the link but it can be had in dicord..
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/12gYF9mKofPSptjc7U5HtWrWciYeo2vHoBXOGOb_2EpM/preview

5. Xenxix

Bby if u really want to deal damage witch no doubt.... But if you enjoy wizard its all gucci~

6. Rinnagans

Rinnagans Tamer 10

Musa also has fire!! And ab plus katana, ******* love katana lol

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

what do u plan to do with your wizard?

if its pve, you can reroll right away.

if its 1v1, there are way better and easier classes for it for much better results.

if its mass scale, you are good there due to buffs u provide to your team and decent ranged ccs if enemy allows it, but be prepared to be very team dependent, dont separate from the herd blob much or u will be very dead.
    also, witch is currently in a way better spot for mass scale if you wanna play a mage class.

do keep in mind you are a support with some decent burst spells but low dps. do not confuse it when people say we are versatile... they mean our support kit. in pvp we are with very few outplay moves that are not really hard to anticipate.

8. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

musa dont have katana they got blade as pre awk weapon but ninja have katanas in awk

9. Noixi

Personally ally, I found it most fun when I rerolled a different game, that had actual ranged dps and not the 36 foot WELEE combat that "properly moves you forward".

Give that a try, then come back and tell us about your expetience.

10. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 60 EU

Which game?

11. Noixi

I went to AAU, but pretty much any other mmorpg has actual ranged dps that matters. Pfft, even BLESS, for how horrible it was had better ranged dps.

12. LRG

LRG

Not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Wizards and Witches hurt at the lower AP brackets and really hit their stride at 265, and then drop off due to the scaling because of the flows in their awakening. Although, Witch does a bit better on that front from a grinding standpoint, Wizard is objectively better in PvP. To say their scaling is crap isn't inaccurate but it isn't giving them their just due either. They are capable grinders at the end game and extremely easy at the mid tier places. Like... anyone telling you Wizards can't do Hystria or Sycraia or Stars End or w/e is just full of it. With the proper gear, yes they can absolutely do it just not as well as other classes.

Certainly in the meta of BDO they are not a top tier class apart from mass scale PvP. At the endgame they are very mediocre grinders and don't scale well. People who want to play Wiz/Witch shouldn't get any grand ideas about being the big bad Wizard with flashy plays on the battlefield. They have a defined role in PvP and act primarily as supports with the ability to deal some significant burst damage+ranged CC and they are ALWAYS in demand by guilds. So despite the marginalizing of the class they are in very high demand. Are they the strongest class? No, but that's not why you play one. In a 1v1 scenario, they're actually pretty good if you've taken the time to master the mechanics.

There are more than a few skilled Wizards/Witches playing BDO and you can be a very strong player as one. There are so many players who've felt forced to roll a Witch/Wiz for the guild.

13. WhySoSeeryus

if by not as bad u mean - "yo meng, the silver u invest in your ap gear will not be nearly as efficient as on other classes" - then yea - they are not bad, whatever that means.

doh, anyone can farm anywhere. efficiency and comparison to top grinders is what is important.

still u'd do way better on other classes with the same skill/time/gear investment.

14. LRG

LRG

Then delete your Wizard so you can quit acting like the sky is falling.

15. WhySoSeeryus

Im just giving realistic responses. Or u have a problem with my input? Where is it at fault?

16. Gobarnachta

Wizard gets decent when you re-roll to a witch.