1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is guardian and wiz succ getting nerfed?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Basic, May 25, 2020.

1. GuiltGuy

How could you balance to make every class capable of everything while keeping the so-called nuance? Wizard succ is the good example that totally falsify your own arguement. I guess the "nuance" in the case of suc wizard is that he is a range class, lots of protected cc while being "capable" of moving as good as, if not better than lots of other melee classes at the "minimum" level so that he is toptier in gvg but are "so-called" capable of 1v1 at the minimum. lol

#181 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

You speak as though your stating facts when in reality your spewing garbage nonsense that even people who agree on wiz nerf wont agree with because even they dont want to be seen agreeing with such blatant garbage

Just stop,your done..at this point even people who would agree with the op can see ignorance.

3. GuiltGuy

Stop yourself and admit it.

You "rerolled" to a 1v1 wizard babe while keeping the "nuance" of having lots of group fight utility skills.

And for melee 1v1 classes, the nuance they have are the poor gvg potential and nerfed 1v1 capability at the minimum.

PA will judge who is ignorant himself since it is time to realize that the community from NA is a joke.

#183 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
    Xenon likes this.
  4. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Why would I ever need to reroll?,I play awaken wiz and dont play group pvp and its safe to say that the 1v1 pvp cant get any worse and the pve is also awful so im pretty safe from worrying about nerfs.

They gonna take away my movement?...I have none

They gonna take away my SA?...I get 2 tapped through it anyways

They gonna take away my dps?...I have none

Take away my heals?...Im dead before I can use them anyways

They litterally cant make me any worse.

#184 Stealthe, Jun 12, 2020
  5. GuiltGuy

Let's see if PA will make awak wizard to also be the godtier of 1v1 while keeping the godtier utility of his gvg.

Oh sorry I mean not the godtier of 1v1, I mean make him being capable of 1v1 at the minimum by letting him have everything melee classes have while keeping the "nuance" of his range class, gvg role. lol

6. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Succ Wiz and Guardian are FOTM. I predict they will be nerfed, likely around the time of Hashashin release when we'll have a new FOTM in town.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

in that post i only said 1v1 is big factor in the game and provided reasoning why and where, everything else is basically your own constructions and projections.

i never said succ wiz doesnt need nerfs. or guardians. but someone telling me that awk staffies are in a good position in the game (simply coz they have PA) looking it as a whole is simply ignorant.

8. WhySoSeeryus

noone is asking for godtier 1v1. but giving us at least a tool to avoid some grabs like guardian has (and is still considered grab magnet) so we stand a chance would go a long way for the fun factor for the class. also, AP scaling is more than horrible due to PET damage brackets.

9. GuiltGuy

PA is one of the best utilites. Not PA only but the total team supported ability as well as the massive aoe skills. I never targeted PA because PA is one of the reasons I rerolled to this class.

10. GuiltGuy

So what is the minimum level of tool are you pursuing for? Teleport is long-distance travel movement, and also we have resistance buffs (though that excludes the grab resistance). You can't have movement like succ wizard. Even some melee classes don't have that mobility. This is why succ wizard is broken. Also guardian is very slow motion class. Slow motion, high burst damage, grab are what makes guardian unique. The point is if you want the ability to avoid "some" grabs(note not one grab, you want to avoid some grabs.), then what to compensate for guardian so that she has the tool to successfully grab you? This is never going to end.

Note: I defend for guardian not because I am a guardian player. I defend guardian just to point out that you CANNOT HAVE EVERYTHING. This also applies to non-grab classes. You know it is pretty hard for classes like musa to fight against 360 degree protected tank classes like warrior. So should we also give musa some abilities to counter warror's 360 degree protection following your logic? The answer is no. Not for some special reason, but just because you cannot have everything. Wizard has something everyone else doesn't possess. So in return, he should also "lose" something. If you don't like what he has now but want the stuff others have, you can try to reroll.

#190 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
  11. WhySoSeeryus

i didnt even ask for succ wiz moblity. stop inputing things. what is wrong with saying that i want to avoid some grabs? its autodeath for me basically whenever theres someone with protected mobility and grab next to my class if im animation locked in ANY SA skill. you can at least ride your awk witches higher resistance and throw the dice for resists.

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  12. GuiltGuy

Clearly. You are not asking basic 1v1 ability. You are asking for 1v1 ability against all classes. I fight musa multiple times and clearly find that classes like musa don't like to fight against classes that have too many SA. So based on your logic, they should also be given the grab? It is also pretty hard for sorc to fight against classes like warrior so based on your logic, they should also be given grab? Guardian has very slow motion so that classes have high mobility are hard for them so based on your logic, they should also be given the mobility like musa? Wizard of course are not totally incapable in 1v1. There are some classes they are easier to fight agaisnt. There are some classes they are harder to fight against. Grab classes are just what they are bad at. But this happens to every other class as well. In contrast, unlike wizard, many classes don't have group supporting ability, protected cc, aoe, etc, so?
    Again, return to the original point. All you desire is, the ability of everything. But as I said before, I do hope the skills can become cancelable for awakening wichards.

13. Rügenwalder Pommersche

id love an iframe on magical evasion every idk 4 or 5 seconds
    its not the world but allows for an reactionary usable iframe in certain situations

14. WhySoSeeryus

i dont see how my logic would imply that musa needs a grab. lets leave it at that.

15. WhySoSeeryus

also, it should at least animation cancel aqua Fail and maybe bolide.

16. GuiltGuy

Your logic is to make wizard being easy to 1v1 all classes(including the hardcounter grab classes currently) while having the godtier utility of gvg/large scale. So following your logic, all classes should be made in that way. If you want to give the magic evasion an iframe like sorc to escape grabs, why musa and sorc cannot get a grab to counter warriors? And so on, and this can be continued forever. Anyway. Bon courage pour your road to make wizard a well-rounded god while asking for nerfs everywhere for other classes to be ants. Amen!

I am looking forward to seeing your active performance in other sections to ask nerfs to classes other than wizard while positively and endlessly asking for candies for your dear wizard for free.

Best

#196 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
  17. WhySoSeeryus

dude how would one extra option make class 1v1 god if guardian is allegedly shlt and it has a few more?

18. Basic

Exaggerating about wiz teleports? i think you got me confused with someone else... The only thing whiny here is your pathetic and failed attempts to trigger a stranger on a forum that said something in a way you simply dislike.

Honestly when will you stop trying to hijack this post its getting really old ? if you have any issues with me then write me an email or something :')

19. Mana_Mafia

Need reasonable damage reductions on several skills. Fireball explosion is very, very strong but I think Frigid Fog is actually the worst offender. It's a 360 degree SA utility skill that fires off almost instantly if preceded by a teleport or another succession ability. I get kills with it all the time and have no idea why it deals so much damage. I don't think you'll find many that disagree with some damage reductions, though I hope they don't just universally lower dmg on all abilities by a fixed %. The protected version of succ Residual Lightning for instance is very slow and doesn't deal much damage relative to the other abilities as is.

If the wiz is moving constantly, though, some of it is unprotected. You can spam the Evasive EQ ability but it's not protected if on cooldown and the noticeable wind-up before the i-frame is never protected. It goes unprotected > i-frame teleport > SA landing that you can cancel out of with Earth's Response. Many classes can move as well as Wizard, you only think it's shocking because they been unable to move at all prior to this point.

I'd be fine with PA being removed from succession kit and have heard lots of Succ Wiz/Witch say the same. I guess I'd be open to the idea of extending the cooldown of Healing Lighthouse (AoE heal) or slightly reducing the healing done by it for succession players (or both), though I would not support an outright removal.

I'm not trying to hijack anything, dude.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  20. GuiltGuy

Finally we are back to the topic of succ wizard. lol

So basically if I understand you correctly, you want to make succ wizard a 1v1 oriented class by nerfing his team supportive ability and gvg potential while keeping awaken wizard to be gvg oriented? I couldn't say this is correct or wrong. If they do make wizard succ to be 1v1 top tier but a bit worse in gvg while wizard awken to be gvg top tier but a bit worse in 1v1, then wizard will become the best-valued class of all classes. People can randomly switch between gvg oriented and 1v1 oriented subclasses at will. However, the remainning other classes are either bad in gvg for both awakening and succession or bad in 1v1 for both awakening and succession. If they make wizard a best-valued class, they had better scale up for everyone else. Otherwise, the problem of "social-inequality" will arise and other classes can go on crying why they do not gain the different abilities for two subclasses of the same class. lol

If they want to make wizard just a gvg-oriented class then they had better take off something that makes him broken in 1v1. PA, group healing, aoe damages, protected cc, etc do not necessarily need to be nerfed. Reducing the traveling distance by 60% can simply do the job. Because if the teleport cd is 3s for example and the distance of travel is very long. Then before melee classes reach you, you give free shots with range skills. However, when melee classes reach you, not only you can play with ev earthquakes, lots of protected cc, but also the cd of teleport is ready and you can teleport again for long distance. This is why it is broken to let a range class have so many long distance movement of low cds let alone succ wizard are just too protected.

BTW, though evasive earthquake is not fully protected, it is basically iframe->backward motion->cc. If wizard players know the mechanism of other classes they fight against, evasion equarthquake alone can be extremely useful to evade an unprotected grab actually. I played wizard succ against many grab classes. I used this skill to evade grabs many many times whenever I play smart enough though succ wizard's big counterpart is the grab class with burst motion like awakening warrior and succesion kuno. These classes can suddenly appear in front of from the very remote and therefore it is hard react to evade.

#200 GuiltGuy, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Basic and FairlyEnjoyable like this.