1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is guardian and wiz succ getting nerfed?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Basic, May 25, 2020.

1. Mana_Mafia

I don't disagree that they're in need of tweaks and reductions in some areas, I only took issue with the super whiny and emotional tone that you used in your original post and that you've maintained throughout. You were also exaggerating which is unhelpful (infinite teleports on Wiz lol OK)

I didn't see you suggest any specific changes either.

2. BDO_Nictofilia

Hmm actually since I started playing I've been quite curious on who had the brilliant idea of mixing the classic role of high burst area mage dps and support/healer skills like heals, speed buffs, PA and even resurrection on the same class. It doesnt even make sense for a witch/wiz to resurrect, maybe if it was a valkyrie it would. The most wise thing to have done (imo) is leave witches and wizards with the good high dmg burst like all other games do and create a full support class like those dp shais doing their weird stuff or maybe a druid class would've been quite attractive.

GuiltGuy and sajdas like this.
  3. BDO_Nictofilia

Personally I feel happy seeing this. Why? Because we got a class release that isnt broken. All classes have their good and bad stuff, class that are good against and bad against, and the day people stop trying to sink the good traits of classes to make them irrelevant trash, BDO forums will thrive.
    Of all the classes there are, it'd be interesting to see how many players each of them have.

4. GuiltGuy

Succession wiz is close to infinite movement. Long-distance travel almost every 3s plus the movement from earthquake. Almost all skills can be cancelled and the damage is exceptionally high. Lots of protected cc. Lots of SA. PA, teamheal, lol.

Well-balanced game.

5. GuiltGuy

All I can see here is a conversation like this.

Audience: Wizard and Guardian are broken. Need fix.

Wizard: On what earth are we broken? We are fine. It is guardian that needs bad nerfs.

Guardian: On what earth are we broken? We are fine. We are good in gvg but are bad in 1v1.

Wizard: Agree. This game has no gvg at all. All siege wars, guild wars, rbf etc are 1v1. So please nerf 1v1 classes. Don't nerf us. Please give us more candies. But Guardians are really broken. How DARE them perform better than us in gvg?

Guardian: What? It is the wizard that needs bad nerfs. A top gvg class is also good at 1v1, has top utilities of skills such as PA, team healing etc. Nerf wizard!

Wizard: Scre*w you. Basta*rd.
    Guardian: Scre*w you.
    Wizard: You Motherfu*cker.
    Guardian: You Motherfu*cker.
    Wizard: Fu*ck you.
    Guardian: Fu*ck you.

#165 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Xenon and PeaceInChaos like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u know u are twisting and warping stuff people said to the point its standup comedy but not ina good way? :D

Vortexii likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

same people that made a shield class one of the highest damaging classes in the game, with superb self and allied buffs, heals, PA, suction skill and top tier pve capabilities. ;)

Vortexii and BDO_Nictofilia like this.
  8. GuiltGuy

What did I twist? You forgot your own words? Now you tried to deny this game does not focus on 1v1 but group works? Or you still want to defend for your wizard that the balance should be done based on 1v1 not gvg? Shi*t!

It is the PA that keeps nerfing 1v1 classes without intention to buff 1v1 classes' gvg potential while keep buff gvg classes in 1v1 that makes such a terrifying balance of the game to create the creature monster called wizard succession. And this is the fact!

This is the comedy for you. And I will write more for you based on my observation on you in the future. Remember I always observe you and will go on observing your crying for nerfs all over the places for all other classes but deny the fact that wizard is one of the most broken classes that have ever turned out.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  9. GuiltGuy

Some skills like PA should be reworked. The dp buff of PA, for instance should be based on the dp of the caster himself so that low gs wizards will not abuse their godlike ability.

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  10. Vortexii

You are wrong because historically a major portion of the community that plays both Wizard & Witch have always wanted to fix Protected Area. I don't think Iv'e actually ever heard anyone even trying to defend it.

MANY throughout the years would gladly get rid of the skill entirely for the ability to have more reasonable 1v1 abilities.

11. WhySoSeeryus

how did you even come to your conclusion from my post? explain the thought flow please. read my post very carefully if you have to.

12. GuiltGuy

I never said they are trying to defend PA. I said they are trying to hide the fact that wizard needs a bad bad nerf while crying for nerfs all over other classes. Also PA is just one of gvg factor. Range skills, too many aoe, lots of protected cc are also vital to gvg. If PA really want to balance gvg, all aoe skills should deserve a reduction in damage when hitting multiple targets.

Also why should they be allowed to cry for that? The classes are created in the way such that some are good at gvg but poor at 1v1 while some are good at 1v1 but poor at gvg. If wizards think they choose the wrong class and want to be 1v1 oriented, they should reroll themselves instead of crying buffs to 1v1 while enjyoing thier dominace over gvg and crying for nerfs to other innocent 1v1 classes who are bad at gvg already.

I actually was one of those who are fed up with poor gvg potential class and think the core of the game is in gvg and therefore I rerolled to witch myself. I paid to choose unlike somebody :|

So you are the one who is actually clueless about what happens.

#172 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
  13. GuiltGuy

Where is the logic that they need to balance based on 1v1 not gvg? lol Explain your logic. I told even if you are defending your grinding spot, that will finally evolves into guild war. How could you deny the fact that gvg matters more and dominate the whold game? 1v1 is ocassional but gvg is the final fate of fights of all kind. Wizards always cry for 1v1 buffs. If they really like 1v1, they should reroll just like I did when I rerolled to witch because gvg is more important and I enjoy guild war, siege war, rbf, they are all instrincally gvg form of battle.

This game is designed to be the way that some classes are good at gvg but some are good at 1v1. Wiazard is godlike tier in gvg but also ask for candies in 1v1 while asking for nerf to other 1v1 is just disgusting. And this is why your are disgusting. If you sincerely think in your heart that 1v1 is important, please pay to reroll, ok? PA should let those who think 1v1 is important but gvg not important to reroll themselves instead of making a gvg godtier class to be godtier in 1v1 as well, thus creating the creature monstor, known as succ wizard now.

#173 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
  14. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Sure...balance classes in a game that has almost no relevant group activities around group activities...

If you think most pvping in this game is gvg's then their is no hope for you.

#174 Stealthe, Jun 12, 2020
  15. GuiltGuy

Sure if you think siege war, guild war, rbf, etc are not group activities then there is no way to rescue you. I guess then you can choose to reroll so that you can enjoy yourself with 1v1 battle maybe in battle field against air.

I think pvp of this game rarely involves 1v1 because finally it evolves into gvg. Therefore I rerolled to witch. To be honest, one of the reasons I rerolled to witch is because she has PA and group healing. Also I enjoy the Kill/Death during the war so a range class that has lots of aoe is at advantage and thus I chose witch. I even have lv49 witch. If needed, I can be protected and can make myself useful if my gs do not match the guild war level.

Just admit it. All you want is just to reroll without paying. So whatever you cry for is just your trick to get "rerolled".

#175 GuiltGuy, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
  16. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Oh yeah...balance around an activity that is only for 2 hours a day where only a small fraction of players participate in...and rbf that doesnt even get enough participation to fill 1 valia 4 30/30 server out of the nearly half a million players online per day....yeah balance around that...

You know what f*ck it lets also balance pve off of Alter of Blood

Classes with grab should be heavilly crippled in all pve content since the are able to grab bombers in Alter of Blood

#176 Stealthe, Jun 12, 2020
  17. Vortexii

You lack the understanding of nuances and deeper meaning. People don't expect equality of classes, they expect ALL class to perform ALL roles at a minimum baseline.

Also make PVP optional only and then an argument for a poorly performing 1v1 class will have more weight. As long as you force PVP upon them, every single class should be viable to defeat anyone else.

Including Shai.

18. GuiltGuy

Why not? 2h is really a significant enough. Most of people are practicing their life skills throughout the day. Few of people are just grinding for maybe 1h or 2h at most. When it comes to real pvp, it is that 2h of group fight and rbf that matters. We are talking about pvp balance not pve or lifeskill balance. The reason why people are doing hard to get pen or better gears is that they want a better kill/death performance in the group fight like siege war, guild war, rbf etc.

The reasons why not all people get involve in war or rbf are either because the rewards are not good or beacause people are leaving. And why people are leaving? It is because there are people like you in the game who cry everywhere just to get everything "free" without paying.

19. GuiltGuy

The game obviously is not meant to be designed in that way.
    If the game is meant to be in that way, then every class should have the same amount of range skills, same amount of aoe, same amount of protected cc, same mobility, etc.
    In addition, if people want every single class to be good at everything, then PA is obliged to balance based on not only 1v1 but also on gvg.
    But the fact? They have never brought up the gvg capability of 1v1 classes from very beginning. They wrongly listen to classes good at gvg and buff their 1v1 potential only and consequently they created succ wizard. lol

20. Vortexii

Thanks for making my point that you don't understand Nuances and can't hold a discussion about anything lol

Stealthe likes this.