1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is real content comming ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Draconnix, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Vanadiel

I wish they would revisit Margoria again, there's opportunity for improvement.
    They did say they were interested in adding naval content similar to AA, but as always they stopped development of sea content and switched to something completely different.

It seems to be their trademark: drop out and switch to something else. It's almost like they are missing overall leadership or something.

If anything they have to get the swimming mechanics right, especially underwater. It's very difficult to swim underwater properly.
    Why they cannot get this right, I don't know.

2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

From the best perspective I can gather from playing around with the world map,....suggests that it is globular, that is to say, functions the same way Google Earth does, but that is purely speculation.

Also, it is fantastic that you know some of BDO's Lore...certainly going to need assistance with that when it comes time to concoct a "Lore & Storyline Survey"..... as I embarrassingly admit, my following of the lore is extremely sub-par

3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Thank you for reminding me, I just had an idea I wanted to write a topic on about "Margoria Node Wars" the other day, complete with mechanics. Just need to get some visuals done up, and find the time (looks at watch) to write it up. Stay tuned!

4. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Well, Ordilita(inven sourced)/Audilita (our forum sourced)/Rodilita (H ingame) has 3 translations so far. No wonder the lore is hard to follow.

5. Rayin

https://community.blackdesertonline...ns-are-actually-listened.287740/#post-1569306

I made this thread on purpose, because even from my POV Developers were tossing the toys too early.
    Naval content isn't just the only thing they dropped mid-way, there are much more goals that they've set for themselves and none of those has been mantained in the end.
    Some were forgotten from the get to go, some were just tossed out of window before they left.
    I think they're making us promises only to keep us more and more addicted, knowing that half of the community would justify this behavior with "You should be patient instead of wanting anything now and freely".

Joungf and SnakeAttack like this.
  6. Blusurfer

What Lore? You mean the story line?

7. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

World history within the game. You craft your own character's tale through your gameplay. This isnt FF14 where you're playing a prewritten tale or Wow where you're the "Hero" of the tale and every player is also the same "Hero". Here, we are all different. We can be a hero(however you define it), or a wealthy merchant(ranked on wealth) or a king(castle holder) and it all depends how you play this game. This is more true to what an Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game is supposed to be in my opinion. This game does have the first M, the O, and the RPG part done right. The second M is a bit weak due to lack of group content though. :)

Maginha, Joungf and Smileybones like this.
  8. Asterotis

Documents
    └Games
    └Black Desert Online
    └ Content
    └⚠️ This folder is empty

9. Tvvin

They hardly can do that right. So much missing outfits

But p2w? Devs wouldn't dare to leave that out

Wollbert and Luxea like this.
  10. wuhao_nemo

Pretty sure there is another continent East of Valencia Sea. You can even see it from Arehaza town and it's not far.

11. Bratan

Tutorial ends at lvl 80

12. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I wish we got an outfit every update so that even if there's no meaningful game content I can buy more outfits and have a bright side to look forward to. I used to watch KR player's videos on youtube every week to see if any new outfits got added but nowadays its so rare I see no point checking.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

never.

If you want any content besides doing the same **** over and over again, this is the wrong game.

14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

looking at the korean spelling, audilita would make most sense.

15. Whitrix

Ambassador

Yeah, but it's a mess until they officially release a text naming it in English.
    Like Luxea said, it's:
    Rodilita in a knowledge entry ingame from the DK release.
    Audilita as people say it would make the most sense after being translated.
    Ordilita when they announced the territory as the next one in Korea.

16. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Maybe they meant Ordilita in the DK knowledge entry but mispelled because their translators are overworked?

17. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

the game actually has both, Lore and Storyline.

For example, in the Calpheon and Valencia Library's there are knowledgeable that talk about the Ancient Weapons, Illezra, etc.... This is Lore, or "history" that goes into the past and usually foreshadows the future

Storyline here is actively updated (even if slow), if you note that in the beginning of the game, around West Guard Camp the wolves and imps were growing in population and there were raids from several tribes of monsters against several Gateways. Certain NPCs ask adventures for assistance to fend off or thin out the numbers.....

Over time, more barricades have been erected, monster population has grown, and the unos have developed or obtained weaponry.....

You're also following the Black Spirit in his quest to become stronger and regain his power...

So we do have Lore....and Story....its just not as in-depth as many would like nor as interactive and engaging as many would like (speaking for those that don't just R-spam through windows)

I've been out there in my frigate, and it is a rather large piece of land, but I could not tell if it was a continent or very large island....

Time will surely tell

Joungf likes this.
  18. MalGuldur

The only content bdo will get is more grind areas with new mobs (that is probably a reskined sausan) that runs straight to your dynasty warriors AOEs.

Also expect some new exploits and a marketplace dry of accesories.

United_Strafes likes this.
  19. Jupto

Thank you for reminding me, as i was sitting and thinking of why i should level all the new characters past 49, i couldnt see why, cause it's just grind and non consensual PvP. oh and PvP without any rewards.

I know it's hard to make rewards for PvP, when 90% of the PvP is non consensual, then it would prolly just be PvP "rape" 24/7 on everyone outside safe zones.

But, if this game was build to play PvP after 50 and nothing else, then why not change it to where players has to Enable PvP to use it, that way you can give us players Rewards from killing each other, maybe money, maybe exp, maybe gift cars for pearl shop.. i dont know!
    But im pretty sure it would bring New life and joy to the game after 50!

Seriously.

20. Spartakatz

Troll. "Give us Gives us Give us" and next post "it adds nothing, no need" lol