1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is this class going to be nerfed?

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by makis, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Rügenwalder Pommersche

U forgot we also counter stuntraps, our best matchup

Dont forget easy/better debuffs, more damage and more tankyness (therefore better sa trades) while also being way better in pve

#81 Rügenwalder Pommersche, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Rügenwalder Pommersche

Yea but a valk cant outrun me and guardians are super slow, as a musa i can dance around them
    Yes i hate all their blocks (equally) but warrior doesnt have their downsides

3. Bestkk

Bestkk Warrior 63 EU

All the RMB rats suddenly appeared.

4. Blitzball

I also see some Q holding rats alot more since they got so many undeserved buffs :D

5. Bestkk

Bestkk Warrior 63 EU

What class do you play again? Nvm is doens't matter since you are a forum warrior and you get countered by everything.

Distaken likes this.
  6. Rügenwalder Pommersche

Imagine blaming musa/mae for rmb`ing when thats the only thing they can do - running away, yet they arent even the best at it

7. Bestkk

Bestkk Warrior 63 EU

Why are you crying on warrior forum again?

8. Rügenwalder Pommersche

why did u start crying about "rmb classes" ?

9. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

THIS. I'm so scared for BON skills tbh. ****'s literally gonna be so miserable.

10. Bestkk

Bestkk Warrior 63 EU

You say that nothing counters warrior. That statement says everything about your game knowledge and how serious your feedback should be taken.

11. Kayray

You're saying in a 1v1 there's a class that counters warrior making it unable to ever win that matchup in an equal skill environment?

makis likes this.
  12. Ahri-

No your skill matchups arent your counters and no largescale slow stacking isnt a counter becasue it counters everyone . Warrior players are even worse than staves in being entitled.

makis likes this.
  13. Kayray

I lowkey wanna hear what class counters them. The answer's gonna be funny regardless.

makis likes this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

i heard its pa rotating group of succ mages, coz solo warrior cant instagib them all at the same time.

Crimson_Scarlet and makis like this.
  15. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

There is actually an important distinction which is that it is NOT super armor. It's forward guard with CC immunity, not the same thing. There are advantages to this and drawbacks, the main drawback being that it can break whereas SA doesnt "break". The other drawback being that similarly to how it can break it has its durability decreased after hits and doesnt recover while in use. For SAs the limiting factor is cooldowns, for block the limiting factor is durability but where SA skills can wait for cooldowns by using SA you cant use block to wait for block to regenerate. That said its better that its FG and not SA since the damage it blocks is somewhat useful, however it reallys doesnt block that much damage before breaking.

16. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

wrong
    if the only requirement for being labelled "musa" is being a high mobility class then there are lots of them. Difference is none of them will stay as protected as the musa.
    which class are you? Id imagine a lot of your issues are L2P. And nothing hardcounters warrior but many classes dont have hardcounters. Warrior does struggle in some matchups though. Good ninja/kuno/tamer will are all definitely favored against the warrior at equal gear/skill. High AP sorc that actually knows what they are doing can also cause lots of problems. Awak lahn can be an issue if they arent the "dash up, try grab, if it fails fly away" kind. Valkyries that actually know what they are doing can be scary. Good strikers/mystics can be a bit tricky but favored for warr slightly. Ive even met some awak rangers who are just beasts in 1v1 and give lots of players (including warriors) lots of problems. Warrior hardcounters some classes that are already underpowered. Witch/wiz are already bad at 1v1 but warrior just shuts it down further. Guardian is already bad vs grab classes but warrior shuts it down further. Archer is already kinda bad 1v1 but warrior shuts it down further. Musa/maehwa are a bit underpowered in certain aspects and given the nature and mechanics of both classes it becomes quite a difficult matchup. Not impossible for skilled musa/maes but very difficult if they dont outskill or greatly outgear you. DK is a similar situation, already not that great of a class especially for 1v1 and warrior is extremely difficult if they dont have the AP to blow up block or HP. The 3 legitimate classes I understand being upset by warrior are musa/maehwa/DK. The issue is mostly that we live in a grab meta for 1v1s so classes that dont have grab dont stand much of a chance in 1v1. The exception to this rule is sorceress since because we live in a grab meta it means we also live in an iframe meta. I wouldnt mind if they made Block only CC immune from the front since I think it would make 1v1s more interesting but warrior would desperately need more SA for group combat. Other options are to nerf grabs, give them to every class, increase the iframes on the non grab classes etc. 80% of classes that belong in 1v1s have no valid complaints against warrior. Issues against warrior are L2P and underpowered classes.

Crimson_Scarlet and Hayate like this.
  17. Ahri-

Im a DK, my only options of winning vs warrior was 1. The jumping starting gap on grave digging (is gone) 2. baiting grab then doing it again when instant grab on cd and get a cc off (is gone) 3. Solar flare (is soon getting SA), I have the ap but it doesnt matter because your block animation is SA

Dk isnt bad at 1v1's we just have 3.5 classes that literally counter us for no reason, i have no problems vs sorcs, ninja, kuno, hash. lahn or anything else, its just valk, warrior, mystic

18. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Warrior has gaps he isn't perma protected, not close. Definitely a tough matchup that the warr will win 80% of the time but if you have the AP then once you bait the grab just harass them. Easier said than done though since they could just charging thrust away (skill has too short of a cd tbh) but once grab is on CD DK has a lot of tools to pressure warrior.
    question mark? that doesn't make any sense. First, SA doesn't negate damage, second, block is FG, third, block being FG means if you have AP then you can *break* it which is the goal. High AP DKs break my block in 2ish skills so we can't really just sit there since we have to do other stuff to let block regenerate. One horrible thing they did though which kind of screwed the non grab classes even further in the matchup is that GD has slow on first hit making it very difficult to avoid then once you're slowed you have no chance of CCing the warrior usually and have to struggle ot not die yourself. The changes they made to warrior were pretty stupid with the damage + other stuff, only decent one was headchase change but warr shouldve just had a seperate preawak iframe. Before the changes, really all warrior majorly needed was charging thrust fix, grab SA on success, and a disengage and that wouldve given us much more solid group PvP without a huge impact on 1v1. But now we have slow monster

OoWishmasteroO likes this.
  19. Xenon

"All resistance except for Grapple increased" was the tooltip text used to describe Super Armor in early development, and they never changed it.

Grabs counter Warrior, but they got stupid high amounts of base DR, HP, and a low cd iframe to back pedal off their permanent Q block. Good luck grabbing a Warrior if he's competent, or killing him off a grab if he's geared. My favorite thing about Warrior is Head Chase -> Solar Flare -> Grab has literally 0 tell for you to react to. It's instantaneous at high fps. Idk how a Warrior can call me cheesy for using blockjump against him if his method is more straightforward, with 0 tell, and is significantly faster/more long ranged.

I guess Prime Meteor from a high ap succ Wizard on top of a building would work, too, if he doesn't see it coming. But I doubt succ wiz can oneshot a Warrior with all their self-buffs and high innate hp/dr.

At 690-700gs, a Warrior literally does 75% of my hp in a single down attack Slashing the Dead. Isn't that great?

The only drawback for Warrior is he's restricted to single target dps. But what does it matter if he's Sonic the Hedgehog?

Uh, dude, the "resistance" lingers when your block breaks. This works because Blocking is a stance that activates the effect, and even when your block meter breaks and you stagger, the stance isn't deactivated. It only deactivates when you manually hit q again to disable it or use another skill. If it wasn't like this, Musas and Maehwas wouldn't be cursing the class as much. It even used to chain to other abilities 2 years ago. They took that aspect out. In all ways mechanical, even if it was a different flag on the server, it behaves the exact same way super armor does. It's honest to god bullsh*t. All classes that have it should lose it. The balancing factor for FG is it only applies to the front and has a health bar, while Super Armor is that you take damage while in it, and iframe is that you can't deal damage/cc while in it.

They have gaps for sure, but they're literally one of the best classes at pretending they don't. The gaps shorten the higher your fps goes, until it's basically non-existent. The problem with harassing a Warrior at close range is that the grab is on a short cd and they have plenty of defensive attack skills to counter you with, and they have protected offensive skills that deal slows or deal massive damage. So if my grab is on cd, then I'm most likely losing the trade unless they make a mistake and get cc'd. It happens, but not often enough.

Here's the problem in your example: Breaking a block means wasting precious dps, which means not having the means to kill the Warrior within your cc. They'll most likely get up, grab you, and then proceed to twoshot you, like I've seen happen so much since the stupid buffs went out. Putting the damage on the Warrior isn't liable to do much since Warrior has so many options to recover from being behead with. Not HP regen, but offensive and defensive tools to put you back on your backfoot. You also have higher than average HP and more DR baked into the class, on top of free DP/AP buffs from your block and other skills, so it becomes even less likely that a single person is going to be able to kill you after breaking your block, unless they outgear you significantly.

In my case, as a Ninja, breaking your block isn't even possible in most cases. I simply lack the dps to do so against equally geared Warriors because all of my damage comes in combos, not raw skill-to-skill dps. Even when it is, such as with Serpent, that's because I'm stacking so many multipliers on the skill that it becomes super strong. If slapping your block with a Bladespin and Malice was enough to break it, then we'd have a different story on our hands. But that's not the case.

If I were to balance Warrior in their current incarnation, I'd remove the resistance feature from the block OR remove its grab. Same for Valk and Guardian. Maybe flip the switch for awk vs succ in each case. Awakened Warrior loses block sa, but keeps grab, while Succ is the inverse. Again, same for the other two classes.

20. Rügenwalder Pommersche

yep always when fighting warriors i have to think about this situation that happened to me recently, sure the game bugged out but i can assure u that pretty much is how it feels 99% of the time

and now with the new addons warrior has a 45 dp debuff already hyped for that

Wollbert likes this.