1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When new market in EU and NA?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ninjuh, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Ninjuh

Can we get official word or confirmation as to when this disaster of a marketplace is going to hit our server?

JeanJean likes this.
  2. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

disaster she said... the new marketplace is a fresh economy. it basically make all the rich players poor and all the poor players rich.

Blitzball likes this.
  3. Ben Phoenix

Don't scare OP!

4. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

probably next week, new year first maintenance

5. T800

They said they needed to install some extra servers for this new Market, during the presentation. So maybe a bit later.

MENA got it probably because it's published by PA themselves, so they might want to test it for few weeks, before starting to work with other Publishers.

6. WhiteWolf__1

Hopefully soon,

I can see both positives and negatives, thus my stance is mostly neutral however i am interested in something new over specifics.

It might be broken to begin with if they don't do some polishing, however it just redistributes positives and negatives to different avenues, realistically there is no advantage to poor or rich in an overall view, however in specifics their can be, but same applies to the current system.

7. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

it should have been this week. If i remember, they wanted to introduce it this year.
    But we didn't have a maintenance.

8. 2Cents

The new Market Place is a security vulnerability waiting to happen. Not in the sense that it's already destroyed an economy due to exploits existing in the system. It's a permanent vulnerability to all exploits.

Anyone who is able to acquire illegal silver will have ultimate power. In the current system having trillions of silver still has a low impact. You couldn't buy all the memory fragments, caphras, PEN, etc.

With the new system anyone that gets away with Exploits, Hacks, Bots will have immensely more power. They won't have any RNG to distribute items.

We KNOW these hackers exist. We know people used speed hacks to SMH. We know people used fish bots. We know people where able to remove skill timers. We know people where able to hack hystria. THESE CAN NOT BE DISPUTED, THEY ARE FACTS.

What the new market will do it EMPOWER AND ENCOURAGE THESE CHEATERS.

9. AlnilamE

Probably next week with maintenance.

I have a large pre-order on popcorn..

TucoRamires, Yulanda, Hemuk and 3 others like this.
  10. WhiteWolf__1

It might, but that does not defer my original point. All these factors may have more power, however i might ask why such basic examples of cheats can even exist in the age of AAA gaming, bots should have been done and dusted with RS.

This game may be rather non pragmatic and fallible when it comes to preventing such exploitation, however this just furthers incentive to tighten boundaries on said areas, denying an entire new system which could offer vast changes in functionality and progression of the game and monetary gain to the possible threat exploiters present is ridiculous, that is not fixing the exploiters, that is letting them manipulate progression of development.

A security vulnerability may be impending, but that is because it is already compromised, which is wrong to begin with and should be fixed foremost before anything, however if intent is shown that they do not think this is an issue, then either it isn't an issue you make it out to be, or it is and they need to learn from their own developmental errors.

Exploiters, hackers, bots exist everywhere, one system or another and will always impend unfair advantage, the extent to which happens becomes irrelevant because the extent will always be further than those who don't, which invalidates the entirety of fair gain or progression, we should not be denying said advancements because these unfair abusers exist, we should be making sure they don't exist to the maximum extent.

Form your own analogy without being too dogmatic and see how it defines itself in real world context, this mentality just denies progression.

Yulanda likes this.
  11. barishaydin

Don’t worry. You ll get the new fresh economy. Good luck.
    [​IMG]
    Memory Fragment price right now in MENA. 2.450.000

#11 barishaydin, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Prochilles, Tvvin and T800 like this.
  12. ChoeChoeTrain

That's only if the poor has anything good to sell. Even if they make a boatload of money and they want to buy something, well they're probably going to end up broke again. I'm neutralish. Leaning towards not wanting the new market but we'll see.

13. 2Cents

It's not that complicated. Every single MMO has cheating, there is no debate on this it's a fact. No technical jargon will change this.

The current market place is by accident an extra barrier against this. Removing that barrier will make the game more vulnerable.

14. NVG

NVG

Your picture is broken ...

15. T800

[​IMG]

Oh what a failure this is going to be. At least you can get few for 750 mil now with bidding.

If this is how it's going to be, i hope Kakao EU show it's PEN magical power of delaying content for as long as possible,.

Fasque likes this.
  16. LightningFFXIII-4

This coming Wednesday's patch i hope. I can't wait to preorder stuff at a reasonable price.

17. MisterJoy

So Shakatu boxes don't seem so bad after all.

T800 likes this.
  18. Thranduil

Don't worry about memory fragments, you won't be able to afford the sharps anyway.

JeanJean, MoonDance17 and T800 like this.
  19. TankFu

New Marketplace when? May be worse than already is but hey... "i bid on over 200 of the vell magic and at least 90 of the garmoth hearts over the past 3 days. Completely stupid market system currently.

Yes. I'm complaining for once. ha

Lurien likes this.
  20. Vanadiel

Be careful what you wish for.