1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When new market in EU and NA?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ninjuh, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Patching a server, which means "adding Drieghan to it", is a sysadmin job. Creating patches is a software engineer's job. The only ressources that Pearl Abyss could possibly shift if we take your theory seriously are software engineers, not sysadmins, because obviously, before taking over RU, Pearl Abyss had no russian sysadmins in their task force to shift that would make your theory credible.

Additionaly ,when RU got taken over they obviously needed to hire sysadmins. Do you really believe that such a job, takes as little time as a flipping burgers job, to get operationnal at, to the point you're able to master all the process involved in paatching a server ?

For example , it not means only being able to press the power on and power off buttons, there is a service managment process, sanity check processes, troubleshooting mastery required to fix things in a timely manner in case **** happens during a maintenance etc.

In other words, PA just took over RU, let the new employees master their job in order to provide decent quality server managment instead of wanting to rush things then QQ because maintenance last twice the required time since the sysadmins have to figure out issues from scratch.

Food for toughts that might help getting a more educated opinion about IT related issues.

2. Tekrunner

PA really needs to make the price of items that don't get sold go up over time. Probably not to quickly, but at least once or twice per server reset. Then nonsensical things like DUO being half the price of PRI won't happen. The way it works currently opens the door to suboptimal equilibrium states, where volume of supply matters more for determining the price of an item than demand for it (which is the opposite of what happens on an efficient market).

Only allowing some prices (accessories, mem frags and their sources...) to rise but leaving old caps in place for others (lifeskill products, shards...) is also a risky move. It's going to create large redistributive effects between people who get a lot of the former, and people who get a lot of the latter (or neither). In other words, lifeskills (except fishing) become relatively worse sources of income, whereas farming at the few Valencia areas that drop a lot of scrolls (and fishing) becomes better. It would seem less risky to me to let all price caps rise equally. Some redistributive effects would probably still happen (the price of scrolls would increase more than the price of, say, serendia meals), but they wouldn't be as large, and would be easier to correct if needed.

(this comment is from an actual economist btw)

3. T800

No, adding patches to the server, RU has no problem with, same 4 hours maintenance as everywhere, and they got everything we got since new publisher took over. Creating patches - that's where they lack man power. That's why they don't have Drieghan yet.
    RU even have Black Spirit Rage 10, 25, 50% skills - which we don't have yet.

4. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

they new market is already accessible in the client.

You can even see sometime "request made to central market"
    when you register something or sell something. But yeah who cares. They don't even open their mouth to answer topic about it.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Do you really believe that patching a whole new area with all the content associated to it is on the same difficulty scale than adding a patch that merely add a handfull of skills ? Especially despite the fact that I made the effort to describe the patching process and the associated issues ?

What I pointed out is that you don't know what's going on since you are not member neither of Kakao nor Pearl Abyss, so what you can only do is makde educated guesses about the situation. Since you provided no facts to base your theories, we can safely assume than you are mostly uneducated on the topic and are just theorizing according to your narrative fantasies.

I tried to provided some education mat=eriel in the form of IT facts and issues that happen in the industry and did my best to help you. Now feel free to not take anything into acount and make fantasy statements about the situation for what I care.

6. JustSomeGuy

First time I heard BDO gets a market overhaul. It does need one; but I would be seriously surprised if it would get the overhaul it needs to be actually a good market system.

Worse than already is would be an achievement. Its already the worst auction house bar none I have encountered in any MMO. Dictated prices, dictated goods. And that on top of an last minute scrapped player trade system.

The reasons for that are explained and understood but that does not change its a sucky system making the crafting aspect of BDO significant less interesting to the point that stuff ppl might interested in will only end up at the market if someone accidentally crafted it and in some cases not even that if they are not on VIP and have reduced payout.

7. T800

Your fantasy, is that they have problems with Patching the server. Yet they have same maintenance length as every other region, so your theory doesn't hold there.
    My theory is that they have different teams working on creating this patches, hence they don't have Drieghan, but have BSR+ Underwater caves. And the reason we can't have everything at once, is because they don't have enough Man power to create this patches for all regions at once.
    Hence back to my original comment, they either didn't recruited enough people to create same patches for all 8 regions or they had the man power but simply moved them to more profitable project like Mobile BDO, or that new MMO they are working on.

8. T800

Look at this new Market prices:

[​IMG]

Or the fact that you can no longer bid on all Cash Shop items on the Market, but can only put Pre-Order on 1 item, and have to wait in line to get it. Meanwhile you are waiting to get it you will skip all other Cash Shop items that will be put on MP.

This is going to be a disaster once it hit our region.
    People will riot!

9. JustSomeGuy

What an loveless and plain layout. The devs who made that are not aware that they are working on a fantasy role playing game? oO

Besides that: If the market goes the traditional auction house way in that you can list anything for any price you want (whoho, lets restart the Raft production :D ) it will get mad at the beginning and normalize itself over time. Some items will be more expensive and simply won't drop because with the dictated price they where cheaper than the materials they where created from. But maybe the will because now materials can be cheaper offered too.

GMs need to crack down hard with vengeance on market bot/hack users before release though. If they don't they are shoveling their own grave.

T800 likes this.
  10. Luxienna

Luxienna Witch 61 EU

no one cares for bots and marketplace macros in the new market, cause everything is instant. no rng needed, just a waiting list, or pay higher money its best possible market and similar to Gw2 market. Suply/Demand controlls the price. with a "waiting order" system like realife.

Item out of stock? Preorder it like u would do in reallife.

JustSomeGuy likes this.
  11. Luxienna

Luxienna Witch 61 EU

and the thing that u only can buy/preorder 1 PEARL item is the best thing kakao/Pa could do/did in the past 3 years!

Cause they only reason why its even possible to sell those items is, that Kakao/PA wants to give f2p players a possibillity to get their lovely costume/pet without paying!

It was never be and should never be the thing, that people just bid on every pearl item, even if they dont need it/dont play that class, Just to get some caphra stones or horde value packs!!!
    They should even limit it from the beginning, like "you cant bid on value pack, if u still have one running or in your inventory", you cant bid on costume if u already got 1 costume this month.

This new marketplace is a big step in the right direction! Only those people who realy want that specific costume will preorder it. everyone else will still bid on their "value packs" cause they are so valuable....

Win-Win Situation. - Lahns only will preorder lahn costumes, witches only witches... e.g..

Since we have 16 classes. the chance u get the costume for your class is 16 times higher then before. and since there are more then 1 costume, the chance is even higher. if i tell my friend "i am gonna sell the non premium witch charles rene costume" the chance he get that item is very high. cause not many player will preorder it.

12. Amazebals

I usually find your way of thinking on point, what happened to you?!?

Right now you can put a preorder and at the same time you can try ur luck sniping other things you need.

With the new system, you can try a preorder, you can end up as #2437 on the waiting list, and that’s it! The majority of people who defend this, are in for it for the simple fact that they want a higher value for high end items, which in all honesty I understand, that however will not make up for the fact, that this will crush the economy of this game.

T800 likes this.
  13. Bob2009

Crush? LOL. Theres already hyperinflation. The only reason SMH didn't already destroy the pretty much dead economy is because we can bid and prices are capped but as time goes by, pre-orders get higher and higher so it only gets worse because then more people will bid because they can't afford pre-orders.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

What people defending a free market fail to realize is that they are not only sellers, they also are buyers. which means that if prices raise they will end up spend more buying their items.

On a side note, can't wait for people who actually QQ about current market and call the preorder system an inflationist one. They'll wake up quite hard if the prices aren't controlled anymore and will learn the hard way what inflation means, as decades of free markets MMORPGs experience shows.

Hieix, Amazebals and T800 like this.
  15. Luxienna

Luxienna Witch 61 EU

with the new market u can preorder, and to be super rich or pay overpriced ....

vells hearht 7b.. is a ****ing joke. its good that in new market the item is maximum 3b worth! thats still to much. but better then before..

and those 1 million LOG preorders are gone too!

16. Bob2009

I thought the buy price was capped at an increase of x3 of the current price, not pre-orders?

17. Amazebals

E
    Exactly, memory fragments go for 2,250!

Idk where the 3 billions come, if that was the case we will have a waiting list upwards to a year:D

T800 likes this.
  18. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

Everything is based on buy orders. The highest buy order, and first come first serve get priority. But you are correct, prices are capped at 3x current price (to my knowledge).

19. Luxienna

Luxienna Witch 61 EU

preorder = register/order. u cant enter random number.

u choose from the system.

e.g. lets say mem fragment: you want to sell/buy, then u can choose:

1,7m
    1,8m
    1,9m
    2m

if many people sell/buy for 2m the max price increases to 2,1m if many people sell for 1,7 mill the max and min price decreases to 1,9m.

you cant say "i want to preorder mem frags for 2.100.690 silver. u have to choose from the list.

basically u dont need your keyboard anymore while shopping, u do everything with clicks. ;) u dont have to/can enter any number. (except searching for item)

RealXared likes this.
  20. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62

I'm on the same boat. Over 8 hours bidding vells that time. But do you realize the wait time to get your vell's concentrated magic with new market? Eveeyone has a few bils to get a preorder on it at all times and the item rarely shows up on market

T800, TankFu and Smileybones like this.