1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When new market in EU and NA?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ninjuh, Dec 27, 2018.

1. TankFu

Exactly. Current system is terrible. And new marketplace items will go to the wealthiest. Oh well guess thats what hand me downs are for. We casuals take whats left after they are done with it :P

MoonDance17 and T800 like this.
  2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Current implementation of the new market place is a first in first out, aka waiting list. It means that if a poor player preorders before a rich player, the poor player will get the item first.

T800 likes this.
  3. T800

With only 1 Pre-order limit - How would you know which costume people will put on a Market?

WhenKakao EU put a sale on costume during Wednesday maintenance, but you are busy during the day, and can't put your Pre-order in time. So you come back in the evening and you are number #1450 in waiting line? How is this fair?

At least before you could bid on everything, and win at least something. But here you will be chasing a waiting line, frustrated that you might end up at the back and get nothing at all.

#83 T800, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. Bob2009

The new MP can be accessed via phone app so you can basically monitor item prices 24/7 without your desktop computer.

T800 likes this.
  5. T800

Yeah i read about it, but they didn't made it work in MENA server yet, i think.
    Will be interesting to see.

6. Luxienna

Luxienna Witch 61 EU

you act like 1400 people playing the same class and dont have costume, and all want the same costume at same time... NO..

Lets say a Maewha wants to get a costume.
    assuming 4700 maewhas.
    there many costumes. (for easyer calculation we just take 10)
    470 maewhas
    not everyon has silver or even want a costume this time. lets say 30% dont
    329 maewhas left
    now 50% wants premium set with weapon, 50% dont.
    ~164 maewhas, 164 preorders

T800 likes this.
  7. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62

disregard what I said

upload_2019-1-6_16-13-22.png

LMAO

Sibyyl and T800 like this.
  8. Bob2009

It was added to the latest global lab patch notes so hopefully it is released in MENA soon.

9. T800

But how would you know that an item you pre-ordered will even come to the market at all? You can spend months waiting in a line of 50 players for an item that will never come. There are many costumes and pets that almost never being sold.
    Than people will just put pre-orders on popular items like Value Packs, - and than you will be in a long line of 1000's of players.

And lets not forget Alts. People can just buy with 5 alts, than wait until discount is over and the horde will move on to the next discount item, and sell it to them selves, in a very short waiting line. Or other way around simply block players from buying items, by placing massive amount of pre-orders with Alts., just to mess with the system.

And there is also a matter of price going up, resetting your place in a waiting line - this is were bots could shine, instantly placing pre-orders the moment their program detect the change in price. Can you monitor prices each 2 minutes 24/7?

This doesn't look like a good change at all. It might look well in Korea, but here in the West, people will always find creative ways to cheat the system.

RealXared likes this.
  10. TankFu

Rizzly likes this.
  11. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Hmm, all I have been hearing in the last couple of weeks since we had information on the new marketplace system was how bot-safe it is. But what you've just said starts to concern me now. It's simple logic, yet I didn't think of it. That could actually make the marketplace bot issue even worse, thus more destroying than it is now.
    We all can just hope we may never get to experience what you described above.

However, reading your comments I kinda feel like you are against the idea of the new marketplace system, the whole as it is... I mean you don't really believe it would actually work and there are several ways to "abuse" the system. And yes, you are kind of right about that, but I, personally, find the new marketplace system appealling. I mean, the idea of it is more of a demand-supply based marketplace, which means the prices of items will adjust (based on supply-demand, edit: which is also the case now, however, it can never pass the set maximum cap, which is really low on, like, all items), which I find really great, and I think a lot of us have been waiting for. So while it has, and it definitely will have some glitches that will affect the purity of the new marketplace system negatively, I truly think it's going to be a step in the right direction; and the later it comes to Na/Eu, the more likely it will have been "polished", hopefully.

#91 RealXared, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    T800 likes this.
  12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Actual market already has a self -regulating price mechanic based on supply/demand, the issue is the prices caps aren't up to date with current playerbase buying power. If we wants to achieve what you say, no need to change anything to the current market but price caps. Actually, the only appealing feature to me of the actual implementation of new market in is the protection against bots.

RealXared likes this.
  13. Kadmilos

When I first started playing I actually thought the MP values would increase the more people sold stuff at maximum price. I was sorely disappointed when I found out they're only hard capped. These new changes seem like a very good step in the right direction.

Fearless V likes this.
  14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

In the current system, MP values do increase or decrease according to supply and demand, within the caps limits.

eg: I bought Red Nose armor when it was valued at 8m each on the MP, now it costs the same as a piece of Dim Tree armor.

In other words, the new market will change nothing about the price mechanics but will update the caps.

15. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Yes, true, my bad, you are right about the self-regulating price mechanic that already exists in the current marcetplace system. And, indeed, what I meant was to get rid of the caps that don't let the prices change as freely as they normally would.

But T800 was right that the new marketplace will open new opportunites for the bots to abuse it. Why I said the bots could be more destroying in the new marketplace, in my opinion, is that it will be worse than now if they will be able to adapt to the changing pre-order caps as they rise.
    For example, currently they can sell 1 Memory Fragment for minimum price, so all the MF's that get to the bidding phase with max price (or just significantly higher than the minimum) will be actually unbiddable ("Only the cheapest item bla bla.."), so when they get to the buying phase, they can bot-buy them all in less than a second.
    In the new marketplace, they will be able to follow the changes of the pre-order cap, which is going to be also a really huge advanatge against normal players. But in the current system, a normal player could still win if they get lucky in the bidding phase (and they can actually bid on the item), in the new system they won't have that chance, bots are going to buy up everything as soon as the price of the highly demanded items changes. (Of course, I don't really know how often the pre-order caps change, and it also depends on the number of pre-ordering bots, but eventually a normal player can get the item, too, so... I guess we will see which one is going the be the worse.)

However, aside from bots, in the ideal, fair world of Black Desert Online, the new marketplace would be better in my opinion. I'd also rather wait in line to get my item (since I'm really unlucky with bidding, and I buy most of the staff with pre-order anyway). Also the prices will change more freely, also increased pre-order numbers (hopefully we will get to put one pre-order on a pearl item, too, I also like that idea). And the new marketplace will give us the opportunity to use a mobile app, too (yeh, they could have done that for the current marketplace system, too, but i'm just saying).

T800 and Smileybones like this.
  16. T800

New Market also creates a different problem. Our entire Enchanting system is loosely based on a price of if previous tiers. That's why price between PRI and DUO is only 50 mil, because that's probably how much it would cost you to enchant it to DUO. But new market will change that where a PRI could cost 2x the price of DUO.

[​IMG]

And i still don't know what happens next. So f.ex: You sell PRI Urugon for 580 mil to the MP guy. So we have Urugon on MP for 580 mil.
    Obviously no one is going to buy it. So we get more and more people selling PRI Urgon to MP guy, but now for cheaper and cheaper price.
    But. What happens to that first 580 mil Urugon boots that you sold? Are they still listed for 580 million?
    If yes: than eventually all the item prices will end up close to their Max price. ( which is 2x or 3x of the current one in old MP)
    If no: And the price of 580 mil Urugon that you sold the first time will become reduced over time ( Like in Special Deals ) - That they simply created a system where you will make money out of thin AIR ( You sell for 580 - wait - buy it back for 300 - wait - sell it again for 580 - making 280 million in the process ) - Market Manipulation ( Who needs Grinding and SMH, right?)

#96 T800, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    MoonDance17, Fearless V and RealXared like this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Pretty sure that if you've figured out such a basic flaw, devs would do the same, so this scenario isn't very credible.

18. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

AncientRock and Smileybones like this.
  19. T800

Isn't this what people do in other MMOs with Free market? Flipping prices to make money. I think that's how it was in WoW, right? Oh was there a way found to combat this?

One of the reasons i liked the Old MP; is because you couldn't do it, well until Special Deals came, than reselling became a thing again, but on a smaller scale.

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

They sure do, except, BDO's actual or new markets aren't free ones. Have you ever done basic maths about prices and came to the conclusion that the market tax prevents you to flip anything within the caps (even if you buy lowest and sell highest) ? Of course there are exceptions, but the majority of items work this way.

BDO market system is great for preventing such flipping abusive that you can witness (and suffer from) in almost every MMO ever.