1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when the fq are you going to remove ranged cc and finally nerf grabs once and for all?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by irrelevant, Jul 8, 2018.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

u could have went for event coupon and made that kzarka into any weapon for free. u didnt. u still can. not for free tho.

2. WhySoSeeryus

they rape ranged classes if they get close and cc them? :D

so why dont u play them if u think they are so good?

from where i stand u basically went for fotm and your argument is that you can get ccd and/or killed while fighting some other people if ranged class catches you at the same time. dafuq?

Columba likes this.
  3. Akaru

Try telling this to lemon over there then, because if anyone listened to him we'd have another dead class incapable of contributing to anything passed 1v1 dueling like a certain little girl I know.

4. Columba

God, this must be the worst player in the entire game to whine so much about ranged classes. Go play Candyland Online (TM) if you can’t learn how to play your class, OP!

5. Evil Wood

Like when u r fighting someone and a kuno ( and nowaday u r lucky if the kuno is just alone and not with other 2 or 3 more ninjas ) come out of sth with a grab or a cc w/o u can predict it??
    Nice try..

#85 Evil Wood, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    WhySoSeeryus and Rasta667 like this.
  6. Rasta667

Rasta667 Sorceress 61 EU

If anyone ever listened to this kid, we'd have all classes to trash, except tamer

Noctuae and Columba like this.
  7. Rasenth

I'm a warrior, and i just returned to the game. I've been doing a lot of pvp recently to check out the new CC system, and how things are for my class. Most of what i've been fighting are rangers. The difference is huge. As a melee class we used to have protection to catch these ranged classes, now i'm just getting shitted on for awhile in block stance, trying to find an opening. Me dropping my guard for a second means i can die in one combo, or survive near death. I'm sometimes able to win these fights by playing very defensive and patient, but the fight is usually very one sided. I think irrelevent make a good point in this thread. so i agree that they need a nurf to ranged CC's or melee classes will have a disadvantage vs these classes like ranger.

ODB3698 and Mesuka like this.
  8. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 61 NA

I'm curious why you ask that question.

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

because it seems to me like some people feel like some classes should just be food for them.

also, i think some people know these classes generally arent that good in 1v1 and their egos cant handle playing them, but still seem to have problem with them when they actually do their job.

10. Alrikmerc

I didn't see the comments like that. Thinking about it, we all know most classes aren't actually braindead, because you have to watch out or you get ganked.

Though most people do have an issue with dying to someone they weren't paying attention to. It's reactionary and not a very good complaint, in my opinion anyway, but it's how people tend to feel.

11. WhySoSeeryus

sometimes u just have to read between the lines. ;)

(well i did say that it SEEMS to me)

true dat

12. Rysingmoon

They did:
    - Q cancel, damage reduced while on CD (it did no damage anyway, so not really a damage nerf)
    - Q Cancel CC only once on the first hit
    - PW Damage off CD reduced (30%), on CD damage reduced by 80% (compared to former max damage).
    - WotW damage reduced on CD (roughly 30% DPS less)
    - Stamina consumption increased for all ES cancelled bow skills. Effect: DPS reduced by about 35% when spammed for longer duration. This is on top of the reductions above.

This means, for PW for example: spamming does now only (1 - 0.35) * (1 - 0.8) = roughly 13% DPS than before (this is about 20% of the damage of Shotgun on far distance).

For spamming Shotgun: Ranger can spam it infinitely, however, when Stamina becomes low, the frequency will drop significantly (because stamina must recover to the threshold before she can pull off another shot). I would guess, the DPS reduction is about 30%.

In practice, WotW and other ES cancelled bow skills can only be spammed 4 to 6 times, with Stamina and MP at 60% before either or both get fully consumed. Before the stamina nerf, it was possible to spam WotW 12 to 13 times with Stamina at max. Since Ranger now uses much more stamina for everything when grinding and in PvP, stamina will usually never recover to 100% in due time when you want to perform a WotW spam. Usually, you ran about 50% Stamina / 50% Mp when starting any actions. It takes roughly five seconds to completely drain MP and stamina with WotW from full to zero. It takes 12 to 15 seconds to recover stamina. Recovering MP is quite fast with awekening skills when in PvE, nowadays but was very problematic a few months ago and is still in PvP, so you cannot spam skills as you want to.

#92 Rysingmoon, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  13. Rilok

Rangers got their awakening and pretty much EVERY BOW SKILL nerfed. Why are people complaining about q-cancel and shotgun when both just recently received even more nerfs and honestly are all the ranger can bring to the table ? Feelsrangerman

sunokelly and Columba like this.
  14. Alrikmerc

tbh Ranger was just being brought down from semi-op. I don't begrudge you for feeling bad about it, though.

15. Mesuka

Mesuka Elliasto Tamer 61 NA

#95 Mesuka, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Diazine likes this.
  16. Columba

17. Noixi

Well, I agree with her.
    The imbalance is HIDDEOUS.
    And comments like yours totally motivate me to NOT visit the Pearl Shop.

18. Columba

Lol. Then I win.

19. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 60 NA

What makes grabs so OP now since they take up a whole point of CC? Considering how now most of the times when I grab or get grabbed I have the opponent CC'd or I am already CC'd. It seems to me most people that complain about it are classes that don't have one or are inept to realize that most classes can't just "lol grab ded" without you doing something to get you grabbed. Kinda like back before they changed the cc system: Musa's used to run straight at me when I baited with Murderous Intent's lingering SA. It was not the skill but the opponents fault for being a moron and not anticipating that I was going to do something since I was for whatever reason just standing still. Maybe instead of running at me and getting grabbed they should have used theot brains idk. I see this in the realm of "I can't figure out how to avoid this specific cc please nerf it". Next you will complain about people hitting behind FG with skills because they know how to move and you don't know how to counter it. Same with ranged CCs lol. Git Gud

Diazine likes this.
  20. Miraizu

hi lemon owo