1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response When will be micro stuttering fixed?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by FrozenReaper, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Hyuls

Well this died out quick, is everyones problem solved?

2. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

I fixed disabling SMT, only sometime happen, usually when i kill most mobs in the same time, but your problem similar of mine before SMT disabled, called HT on Intel processor

3. WisedudeBlack

I'm not disablnig HT for this game.Further il go is disable every 2nd core with affinity but it still kinda happens randomly and when killing mobs like you.

That's because most ppl give up trying to fix the issue.Kinda of a good thing tbh because it pushed me to play wow which I never have and im enjoying it.

Dan Hot likes this.
  4. RinseWell

i reported this months ago and then i found posts made 3 years before i did mine reporting same issue, now every few days im checking forum with hope they did some progress with that stutter but unfortunately no, at the end im happy because of ppl like you reporting same issue and im not crazy :D

5. Blindpupil

A very weird thing happened to me.
    My rig is as follows:
    GeForce GTX 960M
    i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
    16gb RAM
    1920x1080 display at 60Hz

With that old video card I never expected the game to run smoothly on remastered mode. Indeed, on remastered I got around 25 fps, but I love the graphics on remastered.
    So for the most part I was happy to play on medium specs with about 45 fps which for me is good enough at this point mostly learning about the game and going mostly solo or with a friend or two.
    However, for the quest that is about traveling around and looking at the scenery with Rulupee I turned on remastered mode and didn't care about the low fps.

Then the weirdest thing happened: I saw there's an update to the video card drivers in GeForce Experience and they claimed they use AI to boost fps and I didn't believe it would make any difference, but when it finished the 500mb update and I turned on the game the thing was running at a smooth 45fps ON REMASTERED, which I had left on for the Rulupee quests. I was at awe, so happy.

And then tragedy: next day I turned on the laptop but it was unplugged. As you know, laptops basically shut off the video cards when they are not plugged-in to increase battery life. So when I turned on the game it was obviously playing really really slow. Oh shoot, I need ti plug it. But when I plugged it back in, the game stayed on the 25 fps I had the very first time on remastered. It never went back to the 45fps smoothness on remastered mode.
    I tried restarting, followed guides on the internet to increase the fps, turned off every effect except for remastered mode in the game, did everything I could (except reinstalling the drivers, because I'm afraid of breaking something and making it worse), but the fps never went above 25fps again on remastered. Nothing affects fps for me except for going to lower graphic specs. So I'm back to playing in medium quality... but I still long for those glorious couple of days where I played 45fps on remastered...

At the moment I'm just playing the optimized version recommended by the GeForce Experience software, with a few changes to make it look a bit better, because I don't mind losing 2 or 3fps for a better viewing experience. But losing 20 makes it unplayable for me.

That's my story. I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience with the latest GeForce driver update and what tips they could give.

6. Silent83

No change stutter is here, and will stay here :)

7. Hyuls

I recently upgraded my ram to 3200mhz, not that i would have the stutters in mind but to push my cpu a bit further, although no change in the stuttering. Oh well, guess the game is optimized this way. I have no stutters in other games.

8. Hyuls

I did remove hyperthreading, did nothing. When i attack mobs i get these anoying stutters. The video i linked happends rarely.

9. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

HT e smt fix random fps drops and add more max fps (if u have unlocked), stutter when kills mobs for me is a server problem but don't happen everywhere, read last patch:

[System]

• Optimized certain effects to alleviate the issue with the game running slow when defeating monsters at certain monster zones.
    they know is a game problem..

10. Silent83

yep you right about that, more fps, appreciated, but fixing the stutter will be amazing, thank you for now!

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  11. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

So I noticed after this patch that when you minimize the game to tray then bring it back up no matter what you do my fps seems to be capped at 30. I run 120hz monitor and only way to get my fps back above 30 is to exit the game and restart. Now normally I just afk fish these days but when I was doing my rifts this issue made the game unplayable.

12. Anvorka

Hello, you need to be in full screen for better FPS.
    Secondly, did you disable vsync ?

13. DarkGG

Yes because when i relaunch the game it goes back to 120 fps and in full screen it hits 250.
    But when i open it from being in the tray it wants to stay locked at 30

14. DarkGG

So also noticed the same thing with my wife's computer. It's almost as if the game goes into extreme low power mode.
    My system is running i7-8700 16gb ddr4 and rtx2070super
    Wife's is i7-4770 16gb ddr3 and gtx 1070
    After it seems to be about 9hrs in tray once reopening the game the fps is horrible. My system is around 30 my wife's hovers at 15-25

15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I have this problem too but you do not need to restart the game to fix it. Just go to games settings and change from full screen to windowed accept and then change back to full screen. This fixes it every time for me.

16. DarkGG

Yeah I've tried that didn't fix it so far it seems it might have just been the driver update on the 26th from Nvidia, after removing and reinstalling drivers so far so good

MoonDance17 likes this.