1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all these so-called feather wolf hunters?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Hexer, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Hexer

My hunting alt is artisan 6 and I have been doing the Kama hunting dailies pretty consistent since they first came out. By this I mean since players discovered them in-game about three weeks before patch notes announced them. I have never encountered anyone using the forechop method. I dont doubt some people have been doing it but there has not been the flood (yet) of people making billions of silver that many are worried about.

I would like to see this nerfed because it does devalue the hunting skill and it certainly takes a long time to level up legitimately once you hit artisan. I use hedgehog, ptw costume and food/elixir buffs and am only at art 6 30%.

For anyone that needs the firehorns for upcoming life skill gear, hunting is the best method. Just hunt anywhere you dont need to go to kama. I have over 4k firehorns in storage from leveling hunting. If you are just starting, I suggest just doing the balenos quest line and farm near epheria if all you need is the firehorns.

Spartakatz likes this.
  2. VioletFox

VioletFox KitsuKara Ninja NA

because people are paranoid about bans if i were to guess

3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

People in this forum community like to make drama out of nothing and also enjoy reading drama.

This said, I'm artisan 8 hunting and I have yet to meet a player on a horse at wolves.

Yuusayn, Mousatos, seanas and 2 others like this.
  4. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

With over 20 dailies available takes no time to reach Artisan, you're not a special snowflake. Even killing and butchering wolves on horse WITH matchlock gives good exp/hour. 1% every 5 wolves at Prof 5. Without lifeskill buffs.

5. Catastigma

******** every channel are full... i switched 6 time channel for get a spot. more that thousand people doing this actualy. lul

Zero risk of ban. dont be worry. just profit before the nerf.

Hexer likes this.
  6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

People finding every possible cheese method of making silver is so annoying.. That said devs should really test things themselves more.
    Had quite a few more people quit over losing motivation thx to sea monster hunting. At this point the game feels like cheese to win more than pay to win. If they hadn't nerfed smh then the cron melting wouldn't even be that p2w lol

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  7. clort

Grinding giant and boss wolves on Invernen island is great for stacking firehorns too and the node manager has repair.

8. Spartakatz

I doubt it's really that profitable. The fairytale that every 15-20 hunting mobs drop at least one shard in average... no way. And meat? You would need to gather millions to get rich. Hunting EXP? The huge part of it comes from quests, I also doubt you will level crazy fast with those wolves.

People always immediately talk about many billions and safe PENs, no matter what. Worker instant build -> 10 billions a week, crates -> 10 billions a week, hunting -> 10 billions, couple of cronstones -> safe PEN etc etc...

Also, still no idea if it's intended or not. Who knows? The repeated ramming for boats was obviously also normal, as the last patch showed where they made that easier. While people talked many weeks about hard exploits just because you used a skill cancel.

Shouldn't be THAT hard for them to give a short answer "yes it's ok" or "no it will be fixed".

9. Valgurth

do you have more info about this new life skill gear that will use firehorns?

10. Hexer

So then do you just reflexively insult people because you are incapable of having a civil conversation, nice to know Trump plays BDO and posts on the forum I suppose. I just mentioned my level for context, sorry to cause you butthurt, not.

I am by the way a special genetic snowflake just like every other human that is not the reproductive result of genetic twinning.

11. Claydough

What?

Ive been doing feather wolves non stop for days and have people non stop coming to my rotation to greif or find a free spot

12. RengerEl

Well, they have to ask KR. KR has to read the email (seems to have once a month or so, depending on if the intern is in that day). Then they have to see how it effects the KR client. If KR doesn't care, they just don't respond. If KR cares, then they'll put in a fix. We'll get a broken version of that because header files aren't a thing or something. 9 Months later after 12 other exploits are found and used, there will be a line in the patch notes about it getting fixed. 2 months after that, it will actually be fixed.

Kurano likes this.
  13. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Come on guys... Its not like this game is their job or something.

Oh, wait.

14. Hexer

You need firehorns to manufacture black crystal fragments. These are used to make back crystals which are combined with sharps and hards to make black crystals which are in turn used to enchant the announced clothes and accessories. There may be other ways to get the upgrade crystals, I dont recall off hand, gathering rare drop?

There are several distinct processing recipes that manufacture the black crystal fragments: each uses a basic blood (qty 100), a powder from mining (qty 250, node worker), a processed crystal (qty 10, node worker or gather), one of the plant alchemy ingredients such as mnk br., spirit leaf, tree bark (qty 10) and each recipe has a constant ingredient of 1 firehorn.

So you are not going to be gated in any meaningful way by firehorns because they are just not that hard to get by hunting. If you have been running a mineral and timber node empire you should in good shape for the alchemy plant ingredients and powders. I do like the fact that there are several recipes because that distributes the pressure on the spirit leaves, mnk branches and such. So many bloods though, not really a gate, just a PITA.

15. Catastigma

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

17. Valgurth

ohh I see. I knew about the new life skill gear and all, but not about the use of firehorn to craft black crystal fragment. Interesting, I have a lot from hunting, thank you for your reply.

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Could you please provide a link explaining this ? All the info I could find about them is that they are a rare drop from gathering.

19. Graviera

20. 6footgeeks

it never really took off in our version because our version doesnt have the kind of drop rate for hards/sharps that KR/Test server do.

its only a slight boost to hard and sharps which is easily countered by the time wasted gathering mobs/forechopping.

It will get nerfed though because the amount of hards/sharps, especially sharps you can get in the test server with forechopping is every gatherer's wet dream

#20 6footgeeks, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018