1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the "Transparency" on the GearScore requirements for AoB?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by iller, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Yet another self entitled post... sigh.

Ѧ| Chaotic, JM, Sibyyl and 1 other person like this.
  2. 2Cents

The content is likely geared toward the Korean Version which has a much worse P2W problem. This may due to the culture and pricing differences.

It's also TBD. The true value of the Altar would need to be determined. How much silver/hr would a 281+AP gear score group get? If there is a significant advantage to attaining the highest stages this could be an issue.

3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Why? At higher gearscores YOU NEED HIGHER INCOME than lower gearscores.

What part of that equation is confusing you?

It becomes exponentially harder for geared players to progress vs low geared players where progressing is honestly no where near as time consuming nor is it as expensive as higher gear scores.

What is this mentality that every piece of content introduced should be some sort of catch up mechanic for low geared players?

4. BDOMONSTER

Welp another delusional person who expected to stomp through it with 450 GS and get full pen by the end of the day... honestly you must be an actual child to have expectations like that. It was painfully obvious to me this was going to be a top end PVE activity and that your chances of pulling pen gear would be extremely EXTREMELY low.

I'll be honest I was hoping I would be wrong and that this would be a viable method to xp even if I wasnt able to reach top levels for actual big loot. so yes I am disappointed on how high and how fast it scales up requiring big time GS but it was what I expected. On the plus side there is end game content of sorts now for PVE, just that the requirements are so high by the time you can do it you probably really dont need to do it as you already have pen gear :/

Ѧ| Chaotic, Phoenixxx75 and Luxea like this.
  5. iller

I don't CARE about PEN, no one "Needs" frikken PEN in this game! (at least they didn't before this circle jerk was added)

I only care about CAPHRAS stones how they are still not "accessible" as in plentiful and therefore AFFORDABLE to the average veteran

Take your character assassination somewhere else for a while and get out of this thread unless you can handle discussing the Content itself

#25 iller, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

The entire point of playing a game, is that some people win, and some people lose. Normalizing that defeats the point of playing a game at all; just hand out the rewards at the start and not even have a process at all. There is no need to help "normies". If someone is a good player, they will distinguish themselves. That said, I am happy that the chance at a 100% pen gear box will be hard to obtain.

Ѧ| Chaotic and JM like this.
  7. Purr

i agree
    personally my witch can prob handle stage 1 which ill be happy with every stage has a boss every boss has the heritege of the forgotten which can drop any of the boxs listed.. which means u can technicly farm stage 1 to get better gear and progress my witch is geared enough for stage 1 ( btw no p2w used on her all her gear is bought from the market with silver i earned from fishing and tradeing lifeskills cuz i prefer to remain free of the enchanting cancerfest) and maby go for higher i dont understand this persons rant lol

8. 2Cents

Why can't you accept it would be bad design to have lower players sacrificing their attempts so that higher players could do all the cashing in? A simple removal of the energy cost would prevent this.

Additionally, if the rewards are not OP the system is simply dead.

9. RobinSan

Kills 1 billion nagas in the desert, complains BDO has 0 depth and grinding is to easy and braindead, Altar of Blood is released and complains its to hard and only whales can enjoy it..

It's like trying to satisfy a woman.. just joking ladies you know I love you <3!

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  10. iller

Except that Whales can BUY 10-100 times MORE ATTEMPTS which is a force multiplier that plows through even the worst RNG

Where did I ever say that? I've never commented on ANY of the Desert Mobs. If there's any problem I have with the entire Desert, it's that it added in like 20-30 different Plants and Crafting materials yet not even 1/3rd of them is used to make anything Worth a damn. Infact HALF of them have no recipes at all!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I would guess that if pen geared players are doing this content and get some pen items as a reward we will start to see more pen items available on the central market. This could be a good thing even for player not able to complete many of the levels.

Ѧ| Chaotic and Chaos Ronin like this.
  12. Purr

except u can get the pen boss gear from stage 1 so idk why people are crying about it farm stage 1 it is only roughly 200 ap requirement get better gear then progress towards stage 2 and higher

13. Hemuk

It is pretty ridiculous; no amount of strategy will carry people not geared enough in this mode, all 3 players have to be their own unit with responsabilities; which they wont be able to carry on if they're below 269AP w/Kutum, at least not on Illusion 7+; which has terrible rewards, either 1/2 Caphras or 7/8 Blackstones, it takes aprox 7.5 Minutes per Illusion, but if you're stuck in the 1-6 loop you'll have to spend 200 energy to make a full hour which most lifeskillers can turn into alot more than what you get here.

"Too hard for the terrible rewards"; this game in a nutshell.

It is good fun if you have the gear tho xd

14. Exaah

content needs to be given to high geared veterans, thats why they release HL areas and challenges
    not everything in this game revolves around casual plebs

Ѧ| Chaotic, JM, Chaos Ronin and 2 others like this.
  15. 2Cents

Hopefully, and most likely this is a Luxury Box issue where the chances are .00000001%.

Quite frankly it's quite pathetic to even add this into the game. The idea of working for months to obtain an item vs instantly gaining it is terrible design. I don't think one could argue it would even be better to obtain it this way in game vs cash shop either. Both methods just damage the credibility of the game.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I also do not understand why people are complaining at this point. The game mode has only just been released and we have no way of knowing if it will be good for players or harmful. Only time will tell, speculation is pointless.

17. RobinSan

I never said you did, don't take my post to litterly buddy, pale, old champ, I'm just annoyed to see that they finally put some PVE group content which requires skills, gear, an cooperation and takes practice to complete it. Already people complain while it's only released for a few hours..

Remember the old Mario 3 game with no save option?? Took me months to finish the dam game.

I did it one time this evening reached wave 6 then got wiped.. Still need to learn the mechanics and align better and it probably will take me probably 3 months, if I can make it.... do I care... nope! You can't pass school guessing, and need to accept that not everyone can clear university..

18. 2Cents

Because there is a progressive increase in the chances to get better items. You also can't just keep redoing the lower stages for rewards without consuming energy.

19. iller

What the hell are you talking about? I've upvoted tons of YOUR comments too, -- when you're being OBJECTIVE which is only like half the time. But that's still a hell of a lot more objective than Lemon usually is. Just because I'm super cynical about Grubby Hyper-Capitalism based decisions, and another poster is also cynical about skinner'ian Game Theory itself when it's too exploit'itive of people with possible Addictive Compulsive Personality disorders, does not mean we're Buddies. If I'm really being honest, I lose Sanity points when I read too many of 2cents posts and I'm frankly shocked he wasn't permabanned by Kakao

Great, then I'll be looking forward to your Video Recording of all the points in its End Game where Gear score barely matters, but your claims of COOPERATION and "SKILL" matter a lot more

Will you do that?? Will you make that Proof available for all of us to see?

You're talking to someone who had to write their own Code just to play games on the Commadore....
    People trying to frame me as "Entitled" are just grasping at straws and their heads would spin right the **** off if they had to spend even 1/4th of Tedious masochistic time and efforts I've gladly sunk into gaming over my lifetime

#39 iller, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  20. iller

Again.. I LOVE MERIT.

Let me repeat that.

I LOVE MERITOCRACY

...but it had to be real merit. Not just who was lucky enough to have rich parents or a really successful RNG Seed in the character Database